Well at this point you could easily say the Cowboys need to

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Draft -
1 - LB who is Sean Lee's replacement.
2 - LT - to get upgrade on the current back up.
3 - CB for depth.

Reaction score
In addition.....

TE - Witten on his last legs. Does Rico Gathers even exist?
Safety - Need significant help here
WR - Need a deep threat. Butler has been OK, but is a free agent.
RB - Morris and McFaddon are gone after this year. I've seen nothing from Smith to tell me he is a RB2.

Lots of needs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BPA only will cover so much.
best to look at greatest need and then BPA.
Maybe with a small trade down.
The main goal should be to get the best possible player, especially with the 1st round pick. I probably wouldn't pick a QB or RB in the 1st but just about any other position should be in play.

If two or more players have similar grades, I would lean towards position value more than need. An OT, DE or CB is a more valuable position than a 4-3 LB if you had to sign one in free agency.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Replace CB for 1-Tech, add SS, and yep, BPA in any order...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft -
1 - LB who is Sean Lee's replacement.
2 - LT - to get upgrade on the current back up.
3 - CB for depth.

This is a serious list?

So they need to replace Sean Lee and get better backups at LT and CB? This fixes things?

dwreck27

Reaction score
OP not having safety listed before the swing tackle made me chuckle

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
This is a serious list?

So they need to replace Sean Lee and get better backups at LT and CB? This fixes things?

From my perspective. Yes.
They need a Sean Lee type LB that can see the play develop and be there there.
Get through traffic.

A replacement for Smith at OT. Too many games missed and too many average replacements in his place.

A good one vs one cover cover corner as Anthony Brown has regressed from last year.

Good target positions.

rkell87

Reaction score
Round 1. DT, FS, DE, WR
Round 2. LB, DB, DT
Round 3. OT, DT, DB
Round 4. OT, QB, LB

What I want right now

1. Calvin Ridley. He'll be entering his prime as Bryant exits his, allowing us to move on seemlessly. In the meantime teams will have to load the box for zeke and single dez and Ridley.

2. Malik Jefferson. Ideally I'd want Lee on the inside( for so many reasons) and Jefferson and Smith on the outside but all three guys would do well at all three positions.

3. Joshua Jackson. This drafts jourdan Lewis potentially.

4. Martez Ivey. Basically Chaz Green 2.0 maybe this version ends up halfway serviceable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a serious list?

They must sign a couple of of mid-tier free agents.

Yes, I know they suck at doing that, but we're projecting what they should do.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You draft a LT high, move Smith to RT, and put Collins at LG where he should have stayed. Once again you'd have the best OL in the NFL.

visionary

Reaction score
You draft a LT high, move Smith to RT, and put Collins at LG where he should have stayed. Once again you'd have the best OL in the NFL.

Yep, take the best LT in the NFL and put him at RT

Makes total sense

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Bpa mixed with need. It’s crazy how so many people are still lost on this concept.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This year the BPA and Need will probably coincide with each other.
This team can use good players in so many areas.

There might be a few positions you don't take in the first round but beyond that I don't see any off limits (kickers and punters don't count).
You "might" not take the BPA Olinemen in the first or RB in the first.

However from the second on I don't see the need to pass up on BPAs for this team.
I understand if you have 2-3 BPAs availiable to you with about the same grades but at different positions...you decide which one you want.

With this team we can use help in so many areas that as long as the players are good at the position it should help the team.

I could see Offense being drafted as well. I think you could get a WR who could earn a spot on the team and possibly starting spot on the team in the early rounds.
You could get a RB who gets playing time.
You could get an OT who might earn a starting spot or depth and future starter with our top OT having back injury history.
Whether you like Dak or not you could get another young QB
I know many will groan but if you happen to find a TE that you think can replace Witten you could take him.

So many spots on Defense.
You can always improve the 1 tech. You can't have enough good Pass rushers at End or 3 Tech.
LBs are always a need and with his injury history and age you have to worry about Lee...You still don't know what you will
have with J.Smith as you still don't know if he will ever be 100%.

Still have question marks in the secondary at CB and S.

I just hope this is a good quality draft. I have seen a couple of draft sites say this years draft class is not the best but I don't know how true that is.