Well, Jerry, did you notice the DLine this time?

kskboys

Reaction score
You've been claiming that our DLine is fine/great/whatever since Joe Ferguson left, and yet we keep losing at key times because we're weak up the middle. Is there any chance you noticed this one? Or is it more CB's and LB's in the draft so we can beat up on the Buccaneers?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How do we go about upgrading the DT position? Honest question. Collins was solid, woods was solid. Is hankins an upgrade? Do you give Irving another shot?

I feel like we are good enough at the position that without a 1st round pick a true upgrade is near impossible .

Reactions: CWR

lostar2009

Reaction score
They say he was trying to push the coaches to play Irving this game.

Reactions: BAT

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You've been claiming that our DLine is fine/great/whatever since Joe Ferguson left, and yet we keep losing at key times because we're weak up the middle. Is there any chance you noticed this one? Or is it more CB's and LB's in the draft so we can beat up on the Buccaneers?
I will never argue about putting more talent on the D line but I will say that I think last night had more to do with the Rams offense basically knowing what our defensive front was doing on every play than a lack of talent. While watching last night I never felt like our guys were getting blown backwards as much as they were simply getting washed out of the play due to scheme. I don't have the technical vocabulary to describe it but their offense just looked like they were playing 3D chess and we were playing Connect 4. The RBs were gashing us like they knew exactly where the holes would open up and they were already at full speed when the hole opened.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
How do we go about upgrading the DT position? Honest question. Collins was solid, woods was solid. Is hankins an upgrade? Do you give Irving another shot?

I feel like we are good enough at the position that without a 1st round pick a true upgrade is near impossible .

You draft one or two if he’s there. We need two more above average DT’s...

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I will never argue about putting more talent on the D line but I will say that I think last night had more to do with the Rams offense basically knowing what our defensive front was doing on every play than a lack of talent. While watching last night I never felt like our guys were getting blown backwards as much as they were simply getting washed out of the play due to scheme. I don't have the technical vocabulary to describe it but their offense just looked like they were playing 3D chess and we were playing Connect 4. The RBs were gashing us like they knew exactly where the holes would open up and they were already at full speed when the hole opened.
Watch again. They pushed our guys backward allot.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I hope so.
Dontavius Russell,Auburn.
Chris Nelson,Texas.
Albert Higgins,Clemson.
Brian Mone,Michigan.

DE/3T types I like
Jaylon Ferguson,La Tech...DE.
Demarcus Christmas,Fsu....DE/DT.
Issiah Buggs,Alabama...DE/DT.
Christian Rector,Usc...DE.

one to replace Irving....but first I get the run stuffer.
I like Russell,Auburn.

kskboys

Reaction score

Need play makers/pocket collapsers. Just solid players are fine during the season, not in the playoffs.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Part of the issue is a big fat DT only does well against the run. He won't get many sacks. Marrinelli likes guys who get sacks who can also tackle RB's. He is looking for Donald types. Good luck with that. Hopefully we get a bowling ball shaped guy who can hold the line so our fast LB's can get to the RB.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
LBs didn't play good at all, but our DL didn't keep their OL from getting to the second level. It was a complete meltdown on D that started up front. We have some nice DTs but none that keep double teams off Tank or are hard to push off the line.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Need play makers/pocket collapsers. Just solid players are fine during the season, not in the playoffs.
I get that, but who do you actually go and get? Is there a FA that's worth pursuing? Can you find a playmaking DT at the end of the 2nd round of the draft?

I just dont see a true upgrade out there.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You draft one or two if he’s there. We need two more above average DT’s...
Is a late 2nd round pick going to out produce Collins or woods? Maybe there is an argument there, but I couldn't expect more than what we have now out of what would likely be the 5th-7th DT taken in the draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Good post!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Is a late 2nd round pick going to out produce Collins or woods? Maybe there is an argument there, but I couldn't expect more than what we have now out of what would likely be the 5th-7th DT taken in the draft.

Collins misses a lot of games, maybe we just get equal but healthier more consistent talent. We need depth