Well... on the bright side...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I said before that a team having a "Us against them" or a "No one respects us" attitude is a good replacement for a lack of mental toughness.

Maybe this whole Pacman thing will rally the cowboys and give them that "Us against them" attitude that'll push them over the top and make them superbowl champions. :D

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I'll take a( I know you guys will too) 4-1 team that is clearly not firing right now.....this team will be scary good in the later stages of this season and in the playoffs.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2322304 said:
I'll take a( I know you guys will too) 4-1 team that is clearly not firing right now.....this team will be scary good in the later stages of this season and in the playoffs.

Only if they come up with some "Battlecry" or actually develop some mental toughness.

I don't see the mental toughness thing happening.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I doubt it.

I think the only thing that will happen is that Calvin Watkins is going to have a hard time accessing alot of the players.

Also, this team certainly didn't develop an us against them mentality when the media goes after Terrell Owens.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2322325 said:
I doubt it.

I think the only thing that will happen is that Calvin Watkins is going to have a hard time accessing alot of the players.

Also, this team certainly didn't develop an us against them mentality when the media goes after Terrell Owens.

This is the first year the media has "really" gone after TO though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When this team plays with focus and enthusiasm it is a thing of beauty.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rack;2322330 said:
This is the first year the media has "really" gone after TO though.

I don't know about that Rack.

They were really trying to start some mess his first year when they would show him on the stationary bike with Tour de france clothing and constantly claiming that he was pulling one over on Parcells.

Also, the so called Suicide attempt was also blown out of proportions.

I certainly hope your right, but I think they need an actual play like a Ray Lewis to get over the mental hump.

Also, it would help if they weren't always hearing how good they are.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2322338 said:
I don't know about that Rack.

They were really trying to start some mess his first year when they would show him on the stationary bike with Tour de france clothing and constantly claiming that he was pulling one over on Parcells.

Also, the so called Suicide attempt was also blown out of proportions.

I certainly hope your right, but I think they need an actual play like a Ray Lewis to get over the mental hump.

Also, it would help if they weren't always hearing how good they are.

All those things blew over within a couple of days, and they never got much attention.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Rack;2322298 said:
I said before that a team having a "Us against them" or a "No one respects us" attitude is a good replacement for a lack of mental toughness.

Maybe this whole Pacman thing will rally the cowboys and give them that "Us against them" attitude that'll push them over the top and make them superbowl champions. :D
I thought the Skins game was gonna do that? Every time something bad happens, we always "hope" that, that's what we need to need to get over the "hump."

I'm always disappointed. Just for one game (or more), I'd like to see our defense play with the same intensity as the Steelers or the Ravens.

I want to see opposing QB's frustrated and not have them play like they're tossing the ball in their backyard.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Rack;2322507 said:
All those things blew over within a couple of days, and they never got much attention.
Yeah, they usually blow over when TO has a big game. That hasn't happend in 3 weeks (to TO's standards) and until that big game comes, the negative crap will continue.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Rack;2322298 said:

I agree. I dont want anyone/media/ no one cheering us on.

I said after we lost to the Skins that it may be the best thing for us. THAT coupled with the drama of last 2 weeks... I hope this team gets pissed and stays pissed until Feb.

alby

Reaction score
I think it's time for Coach Phillips to just shut the media out of everything. No interviews. nothing. Just the mandatory press conferences before and after the game and that's it. Practice hard, win on Sundays, and pick up your tickets to Disneyland after the SuperBowl... then talk all you want.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Get on the bus - go to Arizona.
Kick some major ***.
Get back on the bus come home.
That should shelve all the stupid talk.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
YoMick;2322820 said:
I agree. I dont want anyone/media/ no one cheering us on.

I said after we lost to the Skins that it may be the best thing for us. THAT coupled with the drama of last 2 weeks... I hope this team gets pissed and stays pissed until Feb.

Sure, we all "hope" it. Just some don't expect it. I don't think Pacman was a well liked enough person int he locker room for this to be what pushes our team. I think there is probably a good number of people that had the, "I'm surprised he lasted this long" mentality.

When it comes down to it, fans can want whatever they think is motivation. It is the team that will have to just start doing. They may, they may not, but I am enjoying the crazy *** ride :D

Spectre

Reaction score
What this team needed was a little reality check to remind them that no matter how good they are, they're capable of losing any given game if they don't give the effort.

Losing to the Skids and struggling against the Bengals hopefully did just that.
Now it's time to pray for our opponents who have to face this monster out of it's cage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping that something rallies the team together, be it this incident, the media hounding, or just being disappointed that they're not playing to their potential.

It amazes me that a team like the Giants - the defending Super Bowl Champions - will still look for any perceived slight as a source of inspiration. If the Cowboys did that with all the criticism they get they'd be nigh unstoppable!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Why does everyone feel that this team has some untapped potential (besides the obvious of every team getting better as they play more together as a team). That Wade (or insert any coach) is causing this team to reign in mediocrity?

Maybe this team is what it is; a team with no second receiver, an aging cb core backed by rookies and a one strike thug, a secondary that might not be able to play man, an unproven offensive coordinator, some overpaid players, a good ol boy head coach that defends his players, a fantastic WR, TE and QB, solid dependable play from RBs.

This team is not flawless nor is it the elite. It is a good team that has a solid chance at the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, every team has a realistic shot at the Super Bowl. We have a good team but so far, most of the players are what I expected. Of course when one thing doesn't work, then everyone believes that any suggestion they give would have worked better because there is no proof otherwise. We are getting hit for 22 points a game, so everyones suggestions would result in us allowing 12 points a game and not 31 points a game.

Maybe, we just are what we are.. A good team that is finding ways to win games.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I think this has all been the plan all along from Pacman. He had recently seen the grief TO had gone through the whole week before, and said to himself

"Damn, I can be a better teammate. How can I take the grief off of my friend TO? I GOT IT!"

Pacman Jones= Class Act :D