Twitter: Wentz contract details

dwreck27

Reaction score
Do they have pics on Wentz?

Or is he just that naive and wanting to be a team guy he completely screwed himself on this deal?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Dak outplays Wentz this season, which there is a greater than 50% chance he does, this situation could get messy. They needed to have more focus on doing something under that rookie contract.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Or is he just that naive and wanting to be a team guy he completely screwed himself on this deal?
:lmao2:
33ajjn.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Kaiser

Reaction score

Orrrrrr... maaaaybbeeeee..... Wentz and the Eagles both know the situation is worse than the public knows, both in the locker room and the Doctors Office.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Orrrrrr... maaaaybbeeeee..... Wentz and the Eagles both know the situation is worse than the public knows, both in the locker room and the Doctors Office.
I hate to see a young player have his career cut short because of injuries. Even if a is a egirl. He does have a hard time staying healthy. May not be built for the punishment of the NFL.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I hate to see a young player have his career cut short because of injuries. Even if a is a egirl. He does have a hard time staying healthy. May not be built for the punishment of the NFL.

Same here and I have no idea what the real story is. But this contract just doesn't line up with the public comments from the Eagles that they consider Wentz a cornerstone of the franchise.

jujoboys

Reaction score

Even if the Eagles decide to not pick up the option next year aren't the Eagles still on the hook for $107 million of that contract? Basically the entire contract minus the $30 million option and the $16 million in incentives. It was reported that the deal contained $107 million in guarantees. If that is true then I think it highly unlikely that the option would not be picked up. In fact the option my have been put on there so the $30 million could be spread out over years 2 through 6 of the contract since I believe you are limited to spreading signing bonuses out for more than 5 years. The $16 million signing bonus would be spread out years 1 - 5 and the $30 million option would be spread out years 2 - 6. This way they can dump some of the bonus money into year 6 of the contract for CAP purposes. I don't like Howie Roseman but he is great at working the CAP space. I think this was a CAP move and not a prove it to me move by Philly.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Smart teams will ask for that last year as an option so if they decline the player could still get them a comp pick in free agency.

The option is front loaded though. Unless I am not understanding what you are saying? Also I think they would still be on the hook for the remaining guaranteed portion of the contract. Would Wentz become a FA if they Birds declined the option? I would think so but there is not enough details to know.

GenoT

Reaction score
“Heck, fellas...ahm gonna beat all them numbers for my man, Dak...y’all just watch me!” — Jerry

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The option is front loaded though. Unless I am not understanding what you are saying? Also I think they would still be on the hook for the remaining guaranteed portion of the contract. Would Wentz become a FA if they Birds declined the option? I would think so but there is not enough details to know.
The guarantees are gone by the fifth year. By making it an option year (if they declined it) he would become a free agent and they would be eligible for a comp pick. If they just make it a five year extension without the fifth year as an option and they released him before that fifth year he would not be eligible for a comp pick.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It is only a 4 yr extension so there is no 5th yr. Did them amend his existing contract?

Also when the option is picked up in 2020, is it equally spread across the contract like a signing bonus? Or is it applied in 2020 and cap hit would be $39.383M?