Wentz gets Prescott's former QB coach

Doomsday101

Reaction score
he was at 50% passing at one point looked shocked was very much old Allen..seriously dump down was there wouldn't take it looked liek he wanted the big play and that got im sacked and hurried ie wouldn't get rid of ball fast etc..sorry man i watched it allen was old allen for gam..it happens look what happened to wentz, trubiski and at ne point dak was falling back into old habits..

I watched it as well, outside rusher was on him quickly, he was not getting much help.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I watched it as well, outside rusher was on him quickly, he was not getting much help.
oh so the OL didnt give him time like say 70% of daltons snaps yet dalton sux is the narrative like Dak had to play with that line from game 6-16 it got so bad i thought we would have to start looking at Home depot for players along the ol..he doesnt get break no run game not a lot of blocking but Allen does Allen's supposed to be on the Tier(01) one and climbing to elite status..Dak didnt get break from many whenever he lost TS and had Chaz blocking ..nope sorry ..

Wilson, Mahomes and others have had to overcome OL issues and did it pretty we;l..so no sorry JA was overhyped coming in and he reverted back to old JA..period..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
oh so the OL didnt give him time like say 70% of daltons snaps yet dalton sux is the narrative like Dak had to play with that line from game 6-16 it got so bad i thought we would have to start looking at Home depot for players along the ol..he doesnt get break no run game not a lot of blocking but Allen does Allen's supposed to be on the Tier(01) one and climbing to elite status..Dak didnt get break from many whenever he lost TS and had Chaz blocking ..nope sorry ..

Wilson, Mahomes and others have had to overcome OL issues and did it pretty we;l..so no sorry JA was overhyped coming in and he reverted back to old JA..period..

Dallas OL issues where a lot worse than I saw with any team, we had a 3rd stringer at OT, we were constantly playing musical chairs with the OL using 9 different combination due to injuries. Outside of Conner Williams are weakest starter the rest of our OL was no more than backups. It is damn hard to run an offense with an OL as banged up as ours. As for Allen I think he is a big reason the Bills were even in the position they were in. KC in my view had more to do with Allen play than his ability as a QB. Clearly you are entitled to think Allen is over rated, I don't nor do I think the Bills problems was Allen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas OL issues where a lot worse than I saw with any team, we had a 3rd stringer at OT, we were constantly playing musical chairs with the OL using 9 different combination due to injuries. Outside of Conner Williams are weakest starter the rest of our OL was no more than backups. It is damn hard to run an offense with an OL as banged up as ours. As for Allen I think he is a big reason the Bills were even in the position they were in. KC in my view had more to do with Allen play than his ability as a QB. Clearly you are entitled to think Allen is over rated, I don't nor do I think the Bills problems was Allen.
hes made big strides as dak has but i meant that Overrated was the hype hes taken the next step and in the elite talk..that was the pregame chatter on SM by media stations who intimated he and diggs could be the best duo in this game(hill and Mahomes being the comp ) , Mahomes answered in game and also to one of the sm threads he saw it lie i did

JA has not yet made that leap and regressed for that game..the best step up not regress..mahomes played with pressure nearly no run game for 3 qtrs and just constantly side stepped pressure and ran threw from 5 arm angles and showed 9 points down again and again he is #1 until some proves otherwise..he came in limping off a concussion i saw his eyes roll back in his head and need two people help him wobble to the sideline 6 days earlier..i the RS im betting he missed the next game per real non playoff protocol..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hes made big strides as dak has but i meant that Overrated was the hype hes taken the next step and in the elite talk..that was the pregame chatter on SM by media stations who intimated he and diggs could be the best duo in this game(hill and Mahomes being the comp ) , Mahomes answered in game and also to one of the sm threads he saw it lie i did

JA has not yet made that leap and regressed for that game..the best step up not regress..mahomes played with pressure nearly no run game for 3 qtrs and just constantly side stepped pressure and ran threw from 5 arm angles and showed 9 points down again and again he is #1 until some proves otherwise..he came in limping off a concussion i saw his eyes roll back in his head and need two people help him wobble to the sideline 6 days earlier..i the RS im betting he missed the next game per real non playoff protocol..

Again we just disagree. Sometimes a QB has a bad day because of those around him and the play of the opposing team. As for Mahomes? he played great, he can throw a 5 yard pass to Hill and he can take it 70 yards down the field before being brought down. Fact is KC defense did a better job of limiting Bills weapons than the Bills did vs KC weapons. I think Tampa is a very good team with a great QB but I think KC takes this game and will do so fairly easy, not because Tampa is bad or Brady sucks but because KC is playing better overall football.

Einstein

Reaction score
Kitna was the guy that really got Dak to be the player he is today IMO

Rayman70

Reaction score
GettyImages490493790-b897d12a-6f19-4e3a-b6e7-4eb3986fd0fc.jpg
Brian can really belt a note I hear...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If I was Watson, I’d be nervous....lol.
New head coach is from the Ravens where they run their QB all the time.
New QB coach who’s notoriety was with Dak where they ran him and RPOs a lot......lol.
Strap it on tight Desean.....you’re in for some bruises this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think there is some measure of truth in what Aikman said. And, yes, as you point out, poor mechanics can be improved through training and practice and that will improve accuracy. However, innate hand-eye coordination, the ability to see a receiver’s movement and speed, process that, and then project where the ball needs be based on how far the throw is, and then determine how hard to throw it, is largely a gift.

I don't think so. It probably came easy for Troy so he sees it differently. Football is by far the easiest sport of the top 4. Any idiot can catch and throw a football. There's nothing difficult about it. Pretty much any athlete can do what I put in bold by the age of 13 given ideal circumstances. In other words, in shorts on a warm sunny day with no pass rush or coverage. The hard part about being an NFL QB is doing it under duress. Reading a defense. Your timing with your WR. Avoiding the rush and getting the ball out accurately in coverage. That's not easy. That's not a gift. It takes practice.

FTWayne

Reaction score
so does this mean Wentz will have to do that stupid twist thing or is that just for guys who can't plant their feet before throwing?

JustChip

Reaction score
I don't think so. It probably came easy for Troy so he sees it differently. Football is by far the easiest sport of the top 4. Any idiot can catch and throw a football. There's nothing difficult about it. Pretty much any athlete can do what I put in bold by the age of 13 given ideal circumstances. In other words, in shorts on a warm sunny day with no pass rush or coverage. The hard part about being an NFL QB is doing it under duress. Reading a defense. Your timing with your WR. Avoiding the rush and getting the ball out accurately in coverage. That's not easy. That's not a gift. It takes practice.
I guess a good example would be golf. I’m a hacker. I’ve taken lessons which improved my game, but no amount of lessons and practice will make me Tiger Woods or even Rory Sabbatini. Just wouldn’t happen.