Wentz injury called "RG3 equivalent"

Valorius

Reaction score
If they wanted to play it really smart then just let Foles have an entire year.

The guy just won them the Superbowl. You let Wentz get fully healed and you give Foles the opportunity he kind of deserves.

Of course his stock has nowhere to go but down but it may buy you some time to get Wentz as close to 100% as possible.

Look at the mess right now in Indianapolis. Philly has to do everything possible to try and avoid that.

Foles stock has nowhere to go but down? What if he wins another Superbowl? Will his stock go down?

Valorius

Reaction score
From everything I've heard out of Philly he's ahead of schedule, but the RG 3 equivalent reference I haven't heard. That would be good news for Philly considering RG 3 was able to return the previous season. His problem wasn't his knee, it was his ability to play football which he never had. Carson is a pocket passer, and very effective at maneuvering in the pocket. He's not a running quarterback nor does he need to be unlike RG 3 was.

Carson had less rushing yards then Prescott.
Carson wentz is a balanced QB who can scramble and play extremely effectively from the pocket. That's what makes him so valuable. Those guys are really rare.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Griffin on his slowest day was still faster than at least 3/4ths of the NFL's QBs.

He failed because he didn't have the mental makeup or ability to play outside of a system that relied on having excellent speed as a QB. Last time I checked, a QBR of 102 wouldn't be influenced by 6 rushing yards per quarter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Griffin on his slowest day was still faster than at least 3/4ths of the NFL's QBs.

He failed because he didn't have the mental makeup or ability to play outside of a system that relied on having excellent speed as a QB. Last time I checked, a QBR of 102 wouldn't be influenced by 6 rushing yards per quarter.
Griffin didn't get the passing game. He was terrible. He and Wentz are polar opposites. Aside from both being mobile, they're not close.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
You have to go all the way back to 2013 to see good play from Foles? That points toward him not being that good.

He was off to a great start 2014 before a cheap shot by Baker inured him ... Then Chump Kelly benched him for Sanchez even though Foles was 6-2. THen was traded to QB hell Rams/ Fisher . He then asked to be released and re joined Andy Reid as back up. Did amazing when filling in for Alex Smith . He then came to the Eagles to backup Wentz and then just put up the most impressive postseason games anyone has seen. So really he was only average when he got stuck with fisher... but I get it , most here are mad that the Cowboys have the 5th best QB in NFCE ... well now 6th until Kirk is gone from Skins . Wentz>Foles>Manning > Cousins>Smith > Dak :D

Techsass

Reaction score
He was off to a great start 2014 before a cheap shot by Baker inured him ... Then Chump Kelly benched him for Sanchez even though Foles was 6-2. THen was traded to QB hell Rams/ Fisher . He then asked to be released and re joined Andy Reid as back up. Did amazing when filling in for Alex Smith . He then came to the Eagles to backup Wentz and then just put up the most impressive postseason games anyone has seen. So really he was only average when he got stuck with fisher... but I get it , most here are mad that the Cowboys have the 5th best QB in NFCE ... well now 6th until Kirk is gone from Skins . Wentz>Foles>Manning > Cousins>Smith > Dak :D
Was gonna click the Like...until I got past the 3 dots.

Valorius

Reaction score
Understood.

Lets see him do it again.
Well in 2014 before he got hurt, Foles was 6-2 as a starter. Last year, with the Chiefs, in 3 games he had a 105.7 passer rating. And this season, in the regular season Foles was 3-0 (not gonna count the cowboys game when the starters only played 1 quarter). He led the Eagles from behind in the 4th Quarter against the rams for the win, threw 4 TD's vs the giants, and won in horrible weather vs the Raiders. Then, in the playoffs, he had the statistically 3rd best playoff run in NFL history, in the process beating the defending NFC champion, the defending league MVP, the league's No1 defense, the greatest coach of all time, the greatest dynasty of all time, and the greatest QB of all time- who was this year's MVP- on his single best day as a professional.

Foles now carries that tremendous confidence and chemistry he built with Jeffrey, Agholor, Clement, etc, into the 2018 season. He is the Superbowl MVP. He knows that in his head. He lived that experience. He knows he still has that tremendous capability and talent that so many doubters had claimed he'd lost.

Foles has by far the best resume for a back up quarterback in NFL history.

Last edited:

Valorius

Reaction score
the Cowboys have the 5th best QB in NFCE ... well now 6th until Kirk is gone from Skins . Wentz>Foles>Manning > Cousins>Smith > Dak :D

I think it's too soon to say how good Prescott is. He looked very good as a rookie, but last year, he proved totally incapable of putting the team on his back when they most needed him to. When most star QB's really prove their worth and mettle is when things are most challenging.

I think this is THE make or break year for Prescott.

Valorius

Reaction score
You have to go all the way back to 2013 to see good play from Foles? That points toward him not being that good.
You have to go back 2 weeks to see Foles outplay the greatest QB of all time on the greatest day of his career.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well in 2014 before he got hurt, Foles was 6-2 as a starter. Last year, with the Chiefs, in 3 games he had a 105.7 passer rating. And this season, in the regular season Foles was 3-0 (not gonna count the cowboys game when the starters only played 1 quarter). He led the Eagles from behind in the 4th Quarter against the rams for the win, threw 4 TD's vs the giants, and won in horrible weather vs the Raiders. Then, in the playoffs, he had the statistically 3rd best playoff run in NFL history, in the process beating the defending NFC champion, the defending league MVP, the league's No1 defense, the greatest coach of all time, the greatest dynasty of all time, and the greatest QB of all time- who was this year's MVP- on his single best day as a professional.

Foles now carries that tremendous confidence and chemistry he built with Jeffrey, Agholor, Clement, etc, into the 2018 season. He is the Superbowl MVP. He knows that in his head. He lived that experience. He knows he still has that tremendous capability and talent that so many doubters had claimed he'd lost.

Don't know.

Resumes change.

I have not seen this guy take a team to a Superbowl where he plays the whole season.

He's had flashes for sure.

Nothing against him.

Just think the body of work remains to be seen.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Don't know.

Resumes change.

I have not seen this guy take a team to a Superbowl where he plays the whole season.

He's had flashes for sure.

Nothing against him.

Just think the body of work remains to be seen.

He took them in 2013 and left the field with the lead . The Defense gave up a FG to seal the game and lose it for them. But that has more to do with Chip , because the defense got tired fast because they were on the field so much . All because of that dam hurry up offense . Chip never understood that you cant do that all the time in NFL unlike college which you have a team that is 2 x the size

Sydla

Reaction score

In 2014, he had a rating of 81.4. The Eagles were 6-2 despite him, not because of him in 2014.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
In 2014, he had a rating of 81.4. The Eagles were 6-2 despite him, not because of him in 2014.

actually you're wrong. Foles one despite the adversity and injuries . The Oline was a mess and then made the Run game non existent for over the first half of the year ... THis was also the year started getting rid of Key Players liek Djax and Mathis .. He tore the Oline apart and parts of Offense . Nick Foles WAS the only QB that could win under chip Kellys scheme . Vick Failed , Sanchez failed and Bradford failed .

Sydla

Reaction score
actually you're wrong. Foles one despite the adversity and injuries . The Oline was a mess and then made the Run game non existent for over the first half of the year ... THis was also the year started getting rid of Key Players liek Djax and Mathis .. He tore the Oline apart and parts of Offense . Nick Foles WAS the only QB that could win under chip Kellys scheme . Vick Failed , Sanchez failed and Bradford failed .

I am not wrong.

He had a rating of 81.4. That would have ranked him 23rd in the league amongst starters who started more than 10 games. 23rd.

You can throw in all the excuses you want, but Foles was not great in 2014 either. He was mediocre to bad.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I am not wrong.

He had a rating of 81.4. That would have ranked him 23rd in the league amongst starters who started more than 10 games. 23rd.

You can throw in all the excuses you want, but Foles was not great in 2014 either. He was mediocre to bad.

you are wrong though . His less then perfect play was do more to injuries and loss of players at the beginning of the year. The oline was a mess and it affected the run game to the point where it was useless. The loss 2 Starting Oline and Djax were huge ... along witrh the rest of moves Kelly made. But despite losing and not having Great fanatasy Football stats he was winning . BTW is the most important stat. Heaven forbid the Cowboys ever had to go through something like that ... I could only imagine the excuses. Look at them this year when only missing a player for a couple games

Sydla

Reaction score
you are wrong though . His less then perfect play was do more to injuries and loss of players at the beginning of the year. The oline was a mess and it affected the run game to the point where it was useless. The loss 2 Starting Oline and Djax were huge ... along witrh the rest of moves Kelly made. But despite losing and not having Great fanatasy Football stats he was winning . BTW is the most important stat. Heaven forbid the Cowboys ever had to go through something like that ... I could only imagine the excuses. Look at them this year when only missing a player for a couple games

Somehow really good QBs overcome injuries and stuff like that. Foles was not very good in 2014. That's just the reality to anyone who looks at it honestly and without the bias you are clearly showing.

Heaven forbid the Cowboys go through what? They lost Smith this year and Elliott was suspended. And I don't excuse the coaching staff or Prescott for struggling with their missing games. Somehow, good QBs and good coaches can compensate for some injury issues to their team.