Wentz may miss week one game?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he's held out until week 3. Read couple reports he's struggled a bit so far but that's to be expected.

Carson Wentz - QB - Eagles
During an interview on SportsRadio 94WIP, Carson Wentz (knee) said, "It’s going to be close," when asked about his availability for Week 1.

"At the end of the day, it’s not just my decision. There’s coaches and doctors that really have the final say," Wentz continued. "I really like where I’m at and time will tell here." Wentz looked locked on for Week 1 when he got work during OTAs and avoided the PUP to start camp, but the Eagles have backed his workload down the last couple weeks. We would still expect him to be on the field when Week 1 rolls around, but the concern is enough to drop him a few spots down draft boards.

Source: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Aug 14 - 8:45 AM

Sydla

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he's held out until week 3. Read couple reports he's struggled a bit so far but that's to be expected.

Carson Wentz - QB - Eagles
During an interview on SportsRadio 94WIP, Carson Wentz (knee) said, "It’s going to be close," when asked about his availability for Week 1.

"At the end of the day, it’s not just my decision. There’s coaches and doctors that really have the final say," Wentz continued. "I really like where I’m at and time will tell here." Wentz looked locked on for Week 1 when he got work during OTAs and avoided the PUP to start camp, but the Eagles have backed his workload down the last couple weeks. We would still expect him to be on the field when Week 1 rolls around, but the concern is enough to drop him a few spots down draft boards.

Source: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Aug 14 - 8:45 AM

He's had limited 11 on 11 work. They are being very cautious with him. But remember, they traded Bradford a week before the season started in 2016 and threw Wentz right into the fire so I wouldn't count on him not starting Week 1 until they make an official announcement.

Bigdog

Reaction score
And Jeffrey, their Wr might be gone also in week 1

Sydla

Reaction score
And FWIW, most of their beat writers who have seen him work in practices in 7 on 7 and drills have said he's looked really good.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Apparently it don’t matter if it’s him or foles. Still can’t believe foles won a sb. Just shows you that you can win with a qb that is a bus driver.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's had limited 11 on 11 work. They are being very cautious with him. But remember, they traded Bradford a week before the season started in 2016 and threw Wentz right into the fire so I wouldn't count on him not starting Week 1 until they make an official announcement.
He's coming off a pretty bad knee injury (torn ACL, meniscus and IT band). Even using the rare Adrian Peterson ACL recovery timeline, it was already a longshot he'd start the season.

It's very strange to see a poster who's constantly pessimistic about anything Cowboys yet routinely showers the Eagles/their players with praise and optimism. You live in Philly, correct? Has anyone ever accused you of....

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
He's coming off a pretty bad knee injury (torn ACL, meniscus and IT band).

It's very strange to see a poster who's constantly pessimistic about anything Cowboys but routinely showers Eagles players with praise and optimism. You live in Philly, correct? Has anyone ever accused you of....

Yes. I live in the Philly area............ And yes, you figured me out........... I've logged over 24,000 posts here over the last 5-6 years even though I am a secret Eagles fan.

I am one dedicated troll.

And the point I was making, is that they don't have an issue putting a QB in that hasn't had extensive work leading up to the season. So just because Wentz hasn't worked in 11 on 11 work, if he's cleared medically right before the season, he'll likely start despite not having the extensive work with the ones that every other starting QB would have in camp.

And FWIW, he was practicing 11 on 11 early but when a DL rolled up by his leg, the coaching staff pulled him and hasn't let him practice in live action since.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. I live in the Philly area............
And yes, you figured me out........... I've logged over 24,000 posts here over the last 5-6 years even though I am a secret Eagles fan.
This defense didn't hold up a couple of years ago, either. You've actually been with us for a little over 4 years and you've post-*****'d with reckless abandon, at every turn, when there's even an ounce of positivity in this forum.

So yes:
I am one dedicated troll.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
And FWIW, most of their beat writers who have seen him work in practices in 7 on 7 and drills have said he's looked really good.
Of course they're going to say that.......even when he does make it back he will be favoring that knee for awhile......it's only natural after an injury like that.

Techsass

Reaction score
He's coming off a pretty bad knee injury (torn ACL, meniscus and IT band). Even using the rare Adrian Peterson ACL recovery timeline, it was already a longshot he'd start the season.

It's very strange to see a poster who's constantly pessimistic about anything Cowboys yet routinely showers the Eagles/their players with praise and optimism. You live in Philly, correct? Has anyone ever accused you of....
He's such a great troll. I've actually LIKED a lot of his stuff & agreed with too many of his posts that it's starting to worry me.

Sydla

Reaction score
Foles was far from a bus driver in the playoffs and SB.

Yep.

I've railed against Foles as being overrated for years. When people wanted to sign him as a backup, I thought they were nuts. When he sucked at times down the stretch last year, I figured there was no way he could lead them on the run he did.

But he's gotta get his due for the playoff run. You go 26-33 for 352 and 3 TDs against the Vikings and then throw for 373 and 3 TDs in the SB, you are more than just a bus driver.

Sad thing is.............. all of this could have been avoided if the Falcons safety hadn't botched an easy interception right before the half in the first playoff game. Guy catches that, Falcons at least add a FG and the Eagles probably don't win that game.

Sydla

Reaction score
This defense didn't hold up a couple of years ago, either. You've actually been with us for a little over 4 years and you've post-*****'d with reckless abandon, at every turn, when there's even an ounce of positivity in this forum.

So yes:

Then put me on ignore since you have it all figured out, Columbo.