Wentz Soph Slump

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. He’s been productive all year when he’s gotten opportunities, as his yds/carry average indicates.

Philly averages 4.2 yds/carry as a team, middle of the pack. New England averages 4.1. Chicago averages 4.1. New Orleans averages 4.2.

These excuses for Wentz are cute.

YPC is cute but Philly is 23rd in the NFL in rushing. Bottom 3rd in the league bad.

Just the fact that you are trying to imply that NO rushing game is comparable is an indication how off you are. NO is 10th in the NFL in rushing.

Nothing cute about tearing your ACL.

Josh Adams all season long? He got a total of 20 carries the first 8 games combined. Didn't even start and get more than 9 carries in a game until two weeks ago. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Get a clue and then lets talk. My point was about the Philly rushing game THIS season, not Josh Adams the last two weeks. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah his o line is bottom 10. Only reason they fear the run game is because they fear watson’s arm.

Without him the Texans don’t even win their division.

I said 3 things, not just one. Oline, defense, run game all improved from last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All I read from that is dak>wentz

Im dak biggest fan buddy. That doesn't mean I cant be unbiased in my analysis of other players on other teams. If you would rather have Dak then Wentz then Im happy for you. I wouldn't.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Im dak biggest fan buddy. That doesn't mean I cant be unbiased in my analysis of other players on other teams. If you would rather have Dak then Wentz then Im happy for you. I wouldn't.
Cowboy Roy goodnight, boy

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Wentz looks like the same dude he was last year. It's just that last year the whole team played lights out and this year they are struggling a bit.

People like to do these player-to-player comparisons, but supporting cast really, really matters.

Nav22

Reaction score
YPC is cute but Philly is 23rd in the NFL in rushing. Bottom 3rd in the league bad.

Just the fact that you are trying to imply that NO rushing game is comparable is an indication how off you are. NO is 10th in the NFL in rushing.

Nothing cute about tearing your ACL.

Josh Adams all season long? He got a total of 20 carries the first 8 games combined. Didn't even start and get more than 9 carries in a game until two weeks ago. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Get a clue and then lets talk. My point was about the Philly rushing game THIS season, not Josh Adams the last two weeks. LOL
Hahahahha I struck a nerve.

23rd in rushing, LOL. What, in total yards? What a joke of a statistic to use, completely dependent on game flow and the sheer number of attempts.

Nice try. Adorable excuse.

They’re 23rd because they CHOOSE to put the ball in Wentz’s hands instead, not because they can’t run the ball. Wentz has rewarded them with a 6-6 record. Awesome!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hahahahha I struck a nerve.

23rd in rushing, LOL. What, in total yards? What a joke of a statistic to use, completely dependant on game flow and the sheer number of attempts.

Nice try. Adorable excuse.

They’re 23rd because they CHOOSE to put the ball in Wentz’s hands instead, not because they can’t run the ball. Wentz has rewarded them with a 6-6 record. Awesome!

Total yards rushing? How silly of me. LOL

Eagles were #3 in rushing yards per game last year with 132 per game. This year they are 23rd with 103 per game.

But......….maybe you should go talk with someone that actually cares about your rushing theory.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Total yards rushing? How silly of me. LOL

Maybe you should go talk with someone that actually cares about your rushing theory. Ill pass.
10 carries, 80 yards.

20 carries, 81 yards.

Only a complete idiot could possibly think the 2nd line is more impressive.

Why? Because yds/carry is much more indicative of actual effectiveness in running the ball than TOTAL YARDS.

It’s not rocket science.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 carries, 80 yards.

20 carries, 81 yards.

Only a complete idiot could possibly think the 2nd line is more impressive.

Why? Because yds/carry is much more indicative of actual effectiveness in running the ball than TOTAL YARDS.

It’s not rocket science.

You really struggle with this don't you? Both stats are important. But the better rushing teams commit to it and are consistent with it.

Eagles were #3 in the NFL in rushing last year with 132 yards per game. They are #23 this year with only 103 yards.

Much more difficult to run the football well the more you run it. A higher YPC is great, but only if you can do it all the time and commit to it.

They seemed to have stumbled upon Josh Adams the last two games. Had they had this guy running like that the entire year, then things might have been much different.

Going from one of the best rushing teams in the NFL to one of the worst has affected Wentz this year and the entire offense. Along with the other issues I mentioned which you never challenged which was his torn ACL and defensive downgrade.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Wentz took a SB team and drove it into the ground this year.

Nav22

Reaction score
You really struggle with this don't you? Both stats are important. But the better rushing teams commit to it and are consistent with it.

Eagles were #3 in the NFL in rushing last year with 132 yards per game. They are #23 this year with only 103 yards.

Much more difficult to run the football well the more you run it. A higher YPC is great, but only if you can do it all the time and commit to it.

They seemed to have stumbled upon Josh Adams the last two games. Had they had this guy running like that the entire year, then things might have been much different.

Going from one of the best rushing teams in the NFL to one of the worst has affected Wentz this year and the entire offense. Along with the other issues I mentioned which you never challenged which was his torn ACL and defensive downgrade.

Everyone can make excuses. Dak could have plenty (brand new awful receiving corps, OL injuries, no TE), but has anyone given Dak a free pass?

Didn’t think so. And he doesn’t need one because he’s in 1st place with numbers right on par with Wentz’s.

Adams has been a nice find but they were hell-bent on letting Wentz pass 35+ times per game regardless. That’s their choice; it doesn’t mean that they COULDN’T run the ball. So when you say “nonexistent run game”, that implies that they wanted to run the ball and couldn’t. That was never the case.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Wentz isnt a Sophomore tho

Wentz numbers this year are on par with those of his MVP-Caliber season last year.

Thread Fail
:facepalm:

Stats don't tell the whole story...his stats might appear to be on par but he wasn't fumbling or throwing interceptions with the game on the line last year like he is this year. Dude's lost them a lot of games he SHOULD have won if was he was all that.