Wentz Soph Slump

Birdgang

Reaction score
Everyone can make excuses. Dak could have plenty (brand new awful receiving corps, OL injuries, no TE), but has anyone given Dak a free pass?

Didn’t think so. And he doesn’t need one because he’s in 1st place with numbers right on par with Wentz’s.

Adams has been a nice find but they were hell-bent on letting Wentz pass 35+ times per game regardless. That’s their choice; it doesn’t mean that they COULDN’T run the ball. So when you say “nonexistent run game”, that implies that they wanted to run the ball and couldn’t. That was never the case.

Adams has also been dealing with nagging injuries weekly it seems. The whole team has been decimated this year . Oline has had its share , RBs so bad they had to sign guys off street . WRs had a bunch including losing Hollins and Wallace for year . You add Wentz ACL/MCL he has done pretty dam good. YOu also cant compare Watson to Wentz as Watson had more time to recover and a offseason. Then you add in The Defense which is very ignored . Eagles best depth was D line and that has had injuries all over but looked over because of depth and the fact that the secondary got to point where no names were starting . Same with Saftey besides Jenkins.

Its hard to compare players when there is so many different variables. I dont get the hate Dak gets here ... Guy has shown he can play just fine . No he is not Wentz , Goff , Luck ect ect . He is a guy that plays well enough to win it all though. Now the other thing brought up with both players ... They also are not ones calling the plays and making the big decisions that cost games . Like throwing the ball too much , not running going for it at the wrong time. Both teams have put together some great players . Should be some great games for the next few years as Eagles and Cowboys look to controll the NFCE ... as of right now Giants and Redksins seem to be in trouble

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Guy’s a year off tearing his ACL and LCL. We saw what he was capable of last year. He will be a top QB for years to come.
Not this year. Wince and his fans will be stuck at home watching Dak and his Cowboys in the playoffs. :flagwave: :thumbup::laugh::clap::yourock:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's why I have hope for Dak. He's young. The hope (and expectation) is that he will improve with playing experience...he was a 4th round selection and is only in his 3rd year. Most players look back at their early playing careers and laugh at what they were in those early days. Since Dak is highly likely to be this team's starting QB for the foreseeable future, these are my choices, IMO:

1. Root for him to be at least good enough to drive the bus to a championship
2. Bash him and be miserable until someone better comes along, or...
3. Go root for another team

I've been a fan for a lot of years, and ain't quitting anytime soon. I'm rooting for Dak to improve with experience. The only logical choice, really.
They should save themselves and everyone the time and simply choose #3: Go root for another team.

Pants

Reaction score
This is a Cowboys forum, correct? 91 messages talking about Wentz slumping? his team is certainly slumping for various reasons - I am now done talking about an Eagle...moving on to something else on the front page of fanzone

Sydla

Reaction score

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'm very comfortable going up against Wince this weekend. He notoriously falls apart on game-winning drives. When it comes down to analyzing quarterbacks, that's what matters.

Down in the 4th quarter, the ball in his hands and a game-winning drive.... turnover.. or failed 4th quarter conversion. That happened to Wince this year in the Cowboys game (fail - 27-20) and Panthers (fumble - 21-17). Too bad it won't happen tomorrow because the game won't be close enough.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Guy’s a year off tearing his ACL and LCL. We saw what he was capable of last year. He will be a top QB for years to come.
Thats what some of these people dont get! Wentz has missed 4 games this year and has already surpassed Dak in yardage, TDs and is ahead in completion percentage. Can you imagine if he has this defense and running game. This isnt even a comparison! Wentz will be tossing TDs in 10 years while Dak is long gone and Zeke is worn out!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has been bashed pretty badly here for his dropoff since his rookie season. It seems to me that Wentz is having some of the same issues that Dak is. Teams have figured out what he does well and what he doesn't do well and are exploiting that.

There is hope for Dak and there is hope for Wentz. I'm just saying that Dak isn't unique in this phenomenon.
I haven't read through the thread, but I am sure somebody has said it....you theory might hold water and good for debate...except this is Wentz 3rd year in the league...

with that said, he is coming off a knee injury, less than a year ago......

Zman5

Reaction score
LOL.

Every fan base has nitwits like this.

Are you really trying to argue that the majority of Philly fans are like this?

Did you read my post? What did I post at the end?

Cowboy fans here think that Wentz is having same type of year he did last year. It's obvious Wentz isn't having same type of year last year.

There weren't threads or posts questioning his abilities last year by the EaGirls fans. There weren't posts or threads wanting Foles to replace him last year.

I swear there are bigger Wentz fanbois here than the EaGirls forums. It's pathetic.

Last edited: