Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Except that didn't happen just 8 months ago when Wilson had set the market and Wentz and Goff signed for less. Brady just signed for less. So did Brees.
Wentz, Goff and Wilson all had extensions that started in the same year, so the cap didn't increas. Brees and Brady are 400 years old and not top QBs, they're not even worth comparing

fivetwos

Reaction score
The short term 3-4 year thing Prescotts side wants is a win/win for both sides....especially the team IMO.

If he doesn't win....he has to be moved on from, and if he does...no issue paying him again.

If the team got what they wanted....the ability to pay him ONLY 40M per five years from now when scrubs are making 45, he would hold out anyway.

I personally don't think QB salaries will continue to rise, but that's another debate.

ultron

Reaction score
Yea but he's going to get paid again in 4 lol.
Hopefully 5 lol, but yea I get it - Todd France is a tool and this whole thing has drawn a lot of attention to him (which is great for an agent). I’m just ready for this whole thing to be over & I don’t care anymore. He better perform like one of the best QBs in the league and we’ll see what he can do in his 2nd year in Kellen Moore’s system (with the guy that coached Bret Favre and Aaron Rodgers in GB now as his head coach).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ClearcutFamousAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif
Everyone. At this time, please securely lock away all bowling ball pins and back slowly away from Risen Star. Trust me. Your lives depend on it.

RUN!

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Even the so-called "market" (which is not really a market, just speculation) laughs at the idea of Dak Prescott being the highest paid, or even close to it.

I really don’t think he should be highest paid. I even said it. I just think that’s how the chips are going to fall.

ultron

Reaction score
The short term 3-4 year thing Prescotts side wants is a win/win for both sides....especially the team IMO.

If he doesn't win....he has to be moved on from, and if he does...no issue paying him again.

If the team got what they wanted....the ability to pay him ONLY 40M per five years from now when scrubs are making 45, he would hold out anyway.

I personally don't think QB salaries will continue to rise, but that's another debate.
The salary cap jumps like $25+m next season so QB salaries will rise. Mahomes will be the highest paid player in the league but who knows what will happen after that. I think most QBs in the future will be paid between Dak and Mahomes’ salary. That’s just how it works.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I really don’t think he should be highest paid. I even said it. I just think that’s how the chips are going to fall.
It's because of the wunderkinds running the front office, though, not an actual market. You actually put Dak out in the real market, and he's not making that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wentz, Goff and Wilson all had extensions that started in the same year, so the cap didn't increas. Brees and Brady are 400 years old and not top QBs, they're not even worth comparing
Convenient comparing QBs on their last contract vs. one on his first.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Look at the replies to the tweet. Rival fans are giddy about this. It's insane we've gotten to this point.

Its actually quite good because one thing I know is most fans turn on players when they are getting big time money. When Dak plays no different as the highest paid player than the 2million player them Dak "hate" threads will have more of his flock joining in. Gotta see the positives my man. I've told you elsewhere why some want to see Alex Smith jr get paid.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....Troy and Tom will say otherwise. Enjoy the money, while you entertain us with Wildcards. ;)..

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If nothing else, it better be “highest paid” by total numbers, and there better be plenty of “outs” for the organization after year 3+ of the deal

Sydla

Reaction score

So your contention is because the cap went up we have to pay Dak the most?

That's how you get into bad cap situations. As I said, we are basically wasting $10MM in cap space in overpays on Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper and likely Dak.

Jerry caves and overpays. It's what he does.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Neither are the QBs in his same draft class that got paid before him.
This logic is soo crazy it isn't funny. First who is really disagreeing what that sentiment regarding the other qb's? Secondly why would you overpay for someone just because someone else did if you don't have to? Do y'all not see the lack of logic in y'all's thinking. We should overpay because they overpayed even if we agree that those guys shouldn't been paid what they got? Smh.

ultron

Reaction score
If nothing else, it better be “highest paid” by total numbers, and there better be plenty of “outs” for the organization after year 3+ of the deal
If it’s a 4 year deal there won’t be an out (compare Zeke’s contract to DLaw’s & most QBs don’t take more than a 4 year deal - they have that luxury because it’s the most important position in football)