Twitter: Werder: Dak will be NFL's highest-paid player

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So your contention is because the cap went up we have to pay Dak the most?

That's how you get into bad cap situations. As I said, we are basically wasting $10MM in cap space in overpays on Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper and likely Dak.

Jerry caves and overpays. It's what he does.
I wonder if these people use that type of silly logic in their real lives. Welp so and so overpayed let me do the same just because even though I know so and so got took for a ride. Sounds very sound to me smh

jnday

Reaction score

That's how you get into bad cap situations. As I said, we are basically wasting $10MM in cap space in overpays on Lawrence, Elliott and Cooper and likely Dak.

Dallas sets the market on every position. They will never be able to field a Super Bowl team under those restraints.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wonder if these people use that type of silly logic in their real lives. Welp so and so overpayed let me do the same just because even though I know so and so got took for a ride. Sounds very sound to me smh
No but if I’m at working doing my job better than a co worker and I find out he’s getting paid more than me you better believe I will address that. I’ve done that in the past and as a result have gotten paid more because of it.

ultron

Reaction score
Like I said 2 weeks ago, no matter what the amount he gets paid is - half of the fan base will go nuts and say our front office sucks & throw a temper tantrum, 25% won’t care, and 25% will be happy the deal is finally done and we can move on.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still doesn't make it a good contract, and still doesn't mean it won't have a crippling effect on the team's ability to put together a competitive roster.

You will live to see more days.
The team will live to see more days.
We will live to see more days.
The guy will get paid..it's not a fan or team killing thing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What owner doesn’t do that though? If you want to keep your best players you have to overpay them. That’s why Cobb and Quinn and Byron aren’t here now.

aria

Reaction score
The cowboys front office should totally base their decisions on what rival fans on Twitter have to say.
It would be a step in the right direction. Clearly what they’ve done over the past two decades hasn’t been working.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The NFL needs to have a salary cap by position. It is long overdue. Maybe Jerry cut ticket prices if he has to pay less in salaries.

I wouldn’t mind the salary cap by position. I just don’t think you could ever pass that in a CBA. it would be turning the players union members against each other. Hard to get a majority vote on that I would imagine.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at the replies to the tweet. Rival fans are giddy about this. It's insane we've gotten to this point.

This is no different than a handful of other clowns claiming Dak is asking for 40 million.

Its been widely reported that Dak is fine with around 33 million for 4 years. His contention is he doesn't want the contract to be 5 years. The reality is that he is asking for less money overall.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It would be a step in the right direction. Clearly what they’ve done over the past two decades hasn’t been working.

Just because Jerry is incompetent doesn’t mean they should care what opposing fans on Twitter thinks. I guarantee you the non incompetent NFL GM’s don’t care.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at the replies to the tweet. Rival fans are giddy about this. It's insane we've gotten to this point.

This is no different than a handful of other clowns claiming Dak is asking for 40 million.

Its been widely reported that Dak is fine with around 33 million for 4 years. His contention is he doesn't want the contract to be 5 years. The reality is that he is asking for less money overall.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is STUPID and plain IDIOTIC.

Cowbos are paying DAK is if he were a super star... THIS are the reaons we will NEVER be elite ever again.

The only thing idiotic is this claim and this thread.

If someone told you that Dak was asking for 50 million a year would you believe them too? LOL

ultron

Reaction score
Factor in that Dak has played for basically $15/hr his first 4 season and it all balances out. Let’s go get some rings!

aria

Reaction score
Just because Jerry is incompetent doesn’t mean they should care what opposing fans on Twitter thinks. I guarantee you the non incompetent NFL GM’s don’t care.
I wasn’t being literal, kind of, haha. They shouldn’t pay attention to opposing fans, nor do I think they care, but a lot fans seem more in touch with reality.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All 3 were way overpaid (especially Quinn, he flat out sucks) - I wouldn’t want those contracts even if we didn’t sign Dak lol.
And I guess that's what it is . I'm not sure what people wanted they didn't want us to sign Cooper or Dak but wanted us to sign Quinn and Byron?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Pay him top 3 QB money now...

Mahommes and Watson are fixing to take the number over 40 mill easily