Were the Commanders defenders were tackling aggressive near and below the knees?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That the Commanders defenders were tackling hella aggressive near and below the knees?

There were some tackles I was surprised Cobb and cooper got up from, or didnt come up limping.

Gallup took some shots low also and now injured(dont know if it was related). Zeke also got swept up low a few times on some of his runs.

They really got banged around in that win. Looking at the game I noticed this, ALOT.
I generally think most players are trying to just tackle, and not cause harm, but a couple of plays looked cringe worthy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That the Commanders defenders were tackling hella aggressive near and below the knees?

There were some tackles I was surprised Cobb and cooper got up from, or didnt come up limping.

Gallup took some shots low also and now injured(dont know if it was related). Zeke also got swept up low a few times on some of his runs.

They really got banged around in that win. Looking at the game I noticed this, ALOT.
It's been the trend since helmet to helmet has gotten so much scrutiny. The worst is the drag tackle with the defender dropping his body weight on the back of the ball carrier's legs. Hearns got hurt that way.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I didn't notice anything dirty or deliberate by the Commanders. Actually, I noticed the exact opposite. Looked like they were struggling to make tackles. lol

The only team that I have noticed dirty play from was the Seahawks in the playoffs. Though not illegal I noticed that their players like to tackle from behind and allow their bodies to fall into the lower legs/ankles of the offensive player. That is how they hurt Cole Beasley and Allen Hurns in that game. They also tried it on Cooper in that game but missed. Of course, I saw them try to twist Zeke's ankle when he was under a pile. Pete Carroll acts like a saint but he is a punk.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It's been the trend since helmet to helmet has gotten so much scrutiny. The worst is the drag tackle with the defender dropping his body weight on the back of the ball carrier's legs. Hearns got hurt that way.

That play literally turned my stomach. I see it live action before the announcers even cought it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

I hate too see that tackle myself, how come you never seen that back in the 70's and 80's but Roy Williams started that on TO with grabbing the jersey and then players falling on the back of the legs.