We've got our 6, and no WRs in the draft, right?

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
One thing the Cowboys have done a great job of the past 5 years is look ahead at expiring contracts and replace them with guys with a year of experience so they’re not counting on rookies. It wouldn’t surprise me if they drafted a slot WR and let Cobb walk next year.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb
6. And either Cedrick Wilson or Noah Brown.

Yes?

The problem without taking a receiver is Cobb, Hurns, and Austin will all be free agents. We also have a lot of capital invested in these players and a lot of players to re-sign next year. This is similar to last year when we had to trade away Switzer because we didn't have a roster spot. In hindsight he would have been the perfect Beasley replacement and we likely wouldn't have signed Cobb or Austin.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Tavon n Cobb are on 1 yr deals and are both considered slot WRs. I could DAL easily drafting a guy to compete and replace Tavon if said rook has a good TC.

Or DAL can groom an UDFA for a year. At least they have multiple options now.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Another draft pick at WR feels excessive. Once Cooper is extended, we've got WR1 and WR2 locked up for a while. Wilson sounds like he could grow into a role. I'm sure next years free agency class has plenty of cheap WRs good enough to be WR3 if Wilson isn't there yet.

I'm hoping for the defensive picks.

Flamma

Reaction score
With as many good defenders in this draft, I think a pretty good WR might make it deep in the second round. Not a pressing need, but depending on who is available, I wouldn't count it out.

Kaiser

Reaction score
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb
6. And either Cedrick Wilson or Noah Brown.

Yes?

I like it, but IMO the order goes like this:

1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Cobb
4. Austin
5. Two of Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown and a late round draft pick.

Hurns only makes the roster if someone gets hurt or he looks lights out in camp enough to justify his 4 Million Dollar salary (and 1 Million in weekly roster bonuses).

joshjwp

Reaction score
I'd rather see a TE in the draft than a WR. I'd also rather see a RB than a TE.