We've got our 6, and no WRs in the draft, right?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb
6. And either Cedrick Wilson or Noah Brown.

Yes?
I think they are going to let Hurns go. Have no proof of that obviously but dropping Hurns basically pays Cobbs contract. With the unknown of not knowing if Hurns will return healthy enough to help the team it makes sense to cut bait now that we have Cobb IMO.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If one of the stud slot receivers is on the board in 3rd or 4th round, you definitely pull the trigger. Compete and cut someone.

All we’ve done is shore up the position depth for draft flexibility. No different than saying we’ve signed 2 DL, so does that mean we won’t draft DL.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
More like

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Austin
Wilson
Brown

And no...you don't rule out a WR in the draft. It's just not very likely.

I seriously dont see why brown is even considered. He had his chance to shine and sucked. I'd rather them convert him to TE than to keep him at WR.

Brown is fat and slow.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Cooper- starter
2. Gallup- starter
3. Hurns- sucked last year, coming off broken leg
4. Austin- injury prone
5. Cobb- injury prone
6. And either Cedrick Wilson- has never played in a real NFL game
or Noah Brown- didn't get many opportunities last year, can block tho.

Yes?

Fixed it for ya...not sure we even have 5 receivers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paris Campbell in the 2nd or Terry McLaurin in the 3rd. Both Ohio State speedsters and good hands. Can also be returners.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb

Yes?

I think the chances of Hurns being on this team's opening day roster are less than 50-50. And I also believe that the Cobb signing gives them the option of not having to draft a slot receiver, but doesn't prevent them from doing so if the option arises.

Austin and Cobb are both on one year deals, and even if he stays, Hurns is too. So the slot position would be wide open again in 2020, and I could see them drafting a guy and giving him a year to get ready to take over.

DRella

Reaction score
Definitely not a priority now with the depth available on this team.

Cooper
Gallup
Cobb
Hurns
Austin
Wilson
Brown

That counts as 7 WR. If we have the depth there is no reason to select another one in a draft where you already don't have a 1st Round pick. Same goes with DE. They already signed Hyde and Covington for the rotation. If the Quinn trade comes to fruition for a draft pick in this upcoming draft. There isn't a need for DE or DT as well. The way the Cowboys are targeting FA they are putting themselves in a place where they draft the best player available. If they can now sign a vet safety and vet 2nd back they will have positioned themselves really well

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys will come up with a draft board and they need to stick to it. Cobb addition only helps in terms of not feeling as if grabbing a WR is a must where you end up reaching for a pick.

conner01

Reaction score
I expect a WR gets picked in 3rd or 4th rnd for a couple of reasons. One, the quality will likely be there so BPA. Two, two of these contracts are one year deals

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If one of the stud slot receivers is on the board in 3rd or 4th round, you definitely pull the trigger. Compete and cut someone.

All we’ve done is shore up the position depth for draft flexibility. No different than saying we’ve signed 2 DL, so does that mean we won’t draft DL.

I totally agree. It means you don't have to draft a receiver, but it doesn't mean you can't draft a receiver. As I mentioned earlier, all of their current slot receiver options are under one year contracts anyway, so you'll have a void to fill in 2020 regardless.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb

Yes?

We had 7 on the roster at one pint last season. So I would not rule out that again especially if they draft a WR.
But I am liking the way it is shaping up, at least on paper for now.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
NO BROWN.....does he have the same pictures of Jerry that The Clapping Carrot does???? Cedrick Wilson is going to be a stud!!!
And some guy around these parts had the nerve to say he would be the steal of the draft. :lmao:

conner01

Reaction score
I totally agree. It means you don't have to draft a receiver, but it doesn't mean you can't draft a receiver. As I mentioned earlier, all of their current slot receiver options are under one year contracts anyway, so you'll have a void to fill in 2020 regardless.
I expect a WR in 3rd or 4th rnds
There is good quality likely to be there

DRella

Reaction score
Waste of a pick if they go WR this draft at all. They have bigger holes to fill at safety, CB depth, LB depth and DL depth. Depending on what backup we sign at RB, that is a higher priority then WR and then TE and then WR on the offensive side of the ball. I would put place kicker as a bigger need then WR as well. You already used you 1st Rounder on a WR this draft, we got Cooper. With addition of Cobb it becomes less a priority if one at all.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Cooper
2. Gallup
3. Hurns
4. Austin
5. Cobb

Yes?

No guarantee that Hurns makes the team.

I would focus more on pass receiving type RBs with slot WR type skills than on dedicated WRs; although they should remain open to taking a WR if that's the clear BPA.