WFT is monitoring the Russell Wilson situation in Seattle

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think the owners might be huddling a little on this QB unrest? They give in to these demands and the gates are flung wide open on disgruntled QB's.

Why didn't I think of this? "Hey y'all, before you go hiring my boss, I need to interview and approve that hire. Any more thoughts on my 3 day work week?"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IF this is true, roll your sleeves up coz things are about to get real......no doubt in my mind if the Seahawks make him available, Synder will outbid every team. Even if he has to mortgage the future ......3-4 1st rounders and starter.

Either way looks like we may as accept they are significantly upgrading their QB position.....just a matter of when/who. Damn......

That’s a team crushing amount of picks.

They would be better off with Mac Jones and keeping their picks. Or Teddy Bridhewater.. Something like that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Rodgers wants more money and he'll get it. Lurie fired his HC to keep his expensive QB. Wilson is being a talk show diva. Watson, now that one might just happen because that team is a disaster by design. You have to work at it to destroy one like that.

What do you mean Rodgers wants more money? He's got three more years on his contract paying him almost 40 million per.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure in the end it could all mean nothing but the was the QB issues we are seeing are media nonsense and that's not the case. That's what I was responding to, not their movement or the resolution of their issues.
Yep, what I see is that 3 of those QB's are getting 33M+ a year and they're not happy and I wonder, besides me, who else cannot relate to that. You wanna pay me 39M a year, you can put Jabba the Hut in that GM chair because what players deal with the GM on a daily basis?

And Rodgers wanting a new deal with a cap drop is ludicrous. Hell, the QB's are dragging an unfair % of the cap increases and with him, that doesn't stop when it declines. I wonder how many of his teammates are happy about that. They acquiesce to him, someone(s) loses their job.

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The WFT is an instant contender with any good QB under center.

+1 and not just playoff but Super Bowl. You better believe they're well aware of his impact which exactly why if given the chance, they going hard after him.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Why would he want to go from a team that has won 11 or more games five times in his career, to a team that has done it once in the last 30 years?
You think Seattle wins 11 or more games five times in his career if they don't have...checks notes...Russell Wilson?

You're missing the forest for all the trees dude.

JayFord

Reaction score
The only way washington gets one of these qbs like Wilson or Watson is by giving up multiple first or breaking up the dline

People are going to ask for Young or Sweat, or Young and Payne

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no team that has more of a fan as an owner than WFT, that's why he bought it. However, he f=gave Rivera quite a bit of power with his team and I think it would take some convincing to mortgage the future to get Wilson or Watson. And with how they've built that defense with those 1st rounders, mortgaging the future is real.

The Cowboys give up a 1st, I think that can go either way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only way washington gets one of these qbs like Wilson or Watson is by giving up multiple first or breaking up the dline

People are going to ask for Young or Sweat, or Young and Payne
And that would be the best thing for the Cowboys because that D is going to be a problem for years. I would think Rivera would have a real problem giving up his D guys.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
IF this is true, roll your sleeves up coz things are about to get real......no doubt in my mind if the Seahawks make him available, Synder will outbid every team. Even if he has to mortgage the future ......3-4 1st rounders and starter.

Either way looks like we may as accept they are significantly upgrading their QB position.....just a matter of when/who. Damn......

It really doesn't matter because Wilson isn't going anywhere. The same rumors back in 2018 flew around how unhappy Wilson was in Seattle and he was going to get traded but then he signed and extension that at the time made him the highest paid player in the NFL. So that stopped all the trade rumors. So now he made a comment and the team made a comment but Wilson was heavily involved in the hiring of offensive coordinator Shane Waldron and said how hen was looking forward to working with him. This all started because Jason La Canfora made the wild speculation that Seattle was now wanting to trade Wilson. Wilson hasn't asked to be traded which it would take that to void the no trade clause.

king987

Reaction score
This whole Russell Wilson situation is insane. If the Seahawks part ways with Russell in his prime, they're insane.

Unless Dallas somehow trades Dak for Russell in some sense, I'm not sure I want Russell. It would just be way too much draft capital.