WFT Releases QB Haskins

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFCE up for grabs, 15th pick last year

Update: Official... imagine a coach running the show.

DALLAS COWBOYS released Dak Prescott.....
:muttley:Just getting some of you ready for the inevitable....:muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
DALLAS COWBOYS released Dak Prescott.....
:muttley:Just getting some of you ready for the inevitable....:muttley:

1. Can't exactly release him if his contract is up.
2. I think he will be resigned for the reasons I listed before.
3. He's the best QB in the division.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I did like Beathard..

You should look at his Iowa tape..

Still in the league too as a 3rd round QB.

He started against the Cardinals yesterday and threw 3 TDs in a victory.
Still evading and not answering the question. And you still like beathard? More than mahomes? Because that’s what I’m making fun of.

answer the question please. Since 2016 how many first round QBs were taken? And how many have been hits?

I will wait for your response.

Motorola

Reaction score
You believe everything you read on the internet. Haskins had zero shot unless he played like mahomes. I listened to rivera all offseason. He was planning to replace Haskins with kyle allen as soon as he could justify it.
Head Coach's prerogative. Haskins was drafted by the previous GM\HC.
IF Rivera did not want to go with Haskins (for whatever reason(s)), so be it.

Haskins can now go forward and prove his abilities and skills with any of the other 31 teams that will extend him the opportunity this upcoming offseason.

plasticman

Reaction score
Rivera has sent a clear message of accountability. this wasn't some rookie free agent special teamer, it was supposed to be the Commanders future at QB, this was an action out of principal.

Do you think Jones would allow McCarthy to cut a former starting QB for an action detrimental to the team?

Reactions: CWR

Cmac

Reaction score
There's still hope.....Get humble fast......and enter the "Chase Daniel QB in the League" program.

CWR

Reaction score
Rivera has sent a clear message of accountability. this wasn't some rookie free agent special teamer, it was supposed to be the Commanders future at QB, this was an action out of principal.

Do you think Jones would allow McCarthy to cut a former starting QB for an action detrimental to the team?

Probably not, but we did dump Taco pretty quickly didn't we?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They want to lose the division title. Unlike us.

If Smith is going to be able to play, since he's the best quarterback they have on the roster, how is getting rid of the worst quarterback on the roster (presumed) wanting to lose the division title?

KB1122

Reaction score
Goes to show drafting QB's is hard ** in the NFL. Sure, you can point to Snyder for wanting to draft DH, but he was going to get drafted at some point in the first imo.

Guys like Rosen and Haskins, two top half 1st rounders either cut or traded while still on their ELCs in the past few years.

Here are the draft picks used on the quarterbacks for the seven teams in contention for the AFC playoffs. 1, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 32. Five are top 10 picks. All of them are first round picks. In the NFC it's 1, 1, 1, 2, 6, 24, 32, 35, 75, 199. 7 of 10 in current first round slots. 14 of 17. 82 percent. 11 of 17 are in the first half of the first round.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Still evading and not answering the question. And you still like beathard? More than mahomes? Because that’s what I’m making fun of.

answer the question please. Since 2016 how many first round QBs were taken? And how many have been hits?

I thought Bethards game at the time translated better than Mahomes because he played as a more traditional pocket passer.

In case you weren’t paying attention the NFL wasnt the same as it is now..

These guys that came from pure spreads like Texas Tech weren’t very successful.

No time under center in college.. Gimmicky offense.

So guys like Watson. Mahomes, and Lamar weren’t getting drafted where they would now if they came out and players like Trubisky who were more traditional still held more value to NFL teams.

I learned from this very quick and realized that being mobile is king right now for young prospects.

That’s why when many didn’t like Josh Allen because of completion percentage guess who did? Me..

Justin Herbert? He had a lot of question marks.. Who said he may be the most talented QB in that class? I did.

So I’ve learned my lesson from these past few years and if 5’10 QBs like Kyler Murray are now having success it tells me that the NFL is changing and it’s gotten easier for these guys to transition to the Pro’s making it easier to hit on a QB.

The risky QB now is the traditional drop back guy that lacks mobility.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I thought Bethards game at the time translated better than Mahomes because he played as a more traditional pocket passer.

In case you weren’t paying attention the NFL wasnt the same as it is now..

These guys that came from pure spreads like Texas Tech weren’t very successful.

No time under center in college.. Gimmicky offense.

So guys like Watson. Mahomes, and Lamar weren’t getting drafted where they would now if they came out and players like Trubisky who were more traditional still held more value to NFL teams.

I learned from this very quick and realized that being mobile is king right now for young prospects.

That’s why when many didn’t like Josh Allen because of completion percentage guess who did? Me..

Justin Herbert? He had a lot of question marks.. Who said he may be the most talented QB in that class? I did.

So I’ve learned my lesson from these past few years and if 5’10 QBs like Kyler Murray are now having success it tells me that the NFL is changing and it’s gotten easier for these guys to transition to the Pro’s making it easier to hit on a QB.

The risky QB now is the traditional drop back guy that lacks mobility.
Again. Not answering my question.

How many QBs have hit since 2016 out of the 20 plus ones drafted in the first round?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Again. Not answering my question.

How many QBs have hit since 2016 out of the 20 plus ones drafted in the first round?

How about this..

You show me a list of QBs drafted since 2016 and I’ll answer.

Otherwise it’s too early and I haven’t had coffee and I’m not doing that much work so you can make the stupid point that drafting QBs in the first round is bad or whatever.

HanD

Reaction score
Did he screw them over before or after they went and traded for Kyle Allen?
undrafted and so far career backup Kyle allen is supposed to be a threat to a first round pick? He should have more confidence in himself and be more accountable and prepared. No team is playing Kyle allen over a first round pick if their performance is even close.
Head Coach's prerogative. Haskins was drafted by the previous GM\HC.
IF Rivera did not want to go with Haskins (for whatever reason(s)), so be it.

Haskins can now go forward and prove his abilities and skills with any of the other 31 teams that will extend him the opportunity this upcoming offseason.
People wanna complain about the Jones duo...
Haskins was actually snyder's pick. Went to private school with snyder's son. Forced on gruden and rivera.

Last edited:

Winonesoon

Reaction score
If I was his dad and i'm not, we would have a come to Jesus. :) So much time a dedication can't wasted like this.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How about this..

You show me a list of QBs drafted since 2016 and I’ll answer.

Otherwise it’s too early and I haven’t had coffee and I’m not doing that much work so you can make the stupid point that drafting QBs in the first round is bad or whatever.
Here you go you condescending know it all. And thats from the year 2000. So i am giving you an even bigger spread.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...t-round-since-2000/16obdsowna7kk1gnhl9iqrp2pg

"Ranking every NFL quarterback drafted in the first round since 2000
From Aaron Rodgers to JaMarcus Russell — the last 20 years have proven that drafting a QB in the first round is far from an exact science"

Go take a look at that list of winners and tell me we should drop a solid QB and pray. Please. Go look. Read it over your coffee.

Than presume to tell me that Beathard is better than Mahomes and Watson again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is why I don't tank for draft spots. Especially for over-rated college QB's.