WFT Releases QB Haskins

Cmac

Reaction score
He’s playing against Field Friday... Must watch game.
...then the only thing we can truly watch is how each QB responds to coverages. Trevor got stifled by LSU last year, and Fields had issues against Clemson (I think). Should be interesting.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm saying he didn't do his job if he didn't know what Haskins was. You claimed

he didn't know Haskins wasnt going to do what he needed to do to be a professional until he had the time to see and be around the player. when he got here the talk was Haskins was doing what he needed to do, once he got the job, he stop doing the work. I mean it's well documented all you have to do is read.

Dre11

Reaction score
Sounds like you don't know the situation at all. I sad they should've SAT HIM. Not start him week 9. He wasn't ready.

do you not know what sit him mean, he SAT, and only started due to injury.

Dre11

Reaction score
Obviously Haskins largely has himself to blame for his immaturity, lack of work ethic and lack of self-awareness, but WFT is a death pit for QB’s. He was put into a situation where he was never going to succeed, a situation where he wasn’t even wanted by the people he was supposed to be working with most closely, namely the coaching staff. Add to that he lack of experience in college and he was set up for failure. I have some sympathy for him and hope that he joins an organization that gives him the opportunity to mature and improve.

set up for failure, when this is your attitude, you set yourself up

HanD

Reaction score
Sounds like you don't know the situation at all. I sad they should've SAT HIM. Not start him week 9. He wasn't ready.
He's on an nfl roster, if there are injuries you play, there's no redshirting.

Rivera's job is to win. He can't control who wants to learn and who develops. He can't force you to work hard or to want to learn and get better. He gave the kid a shot and haskins stunk it up on and off the field. He wasn't good in his 6 starts and was outplayed by a guy that joined the practice squad less than a month ago.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Sign him..Jerry will talk to the young man and have him playing at a whole new level

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok...thanks.

Not a problem....but I'd be curious in asking if DWatson was a 1 read systems QB at Clemson....what would be the difference in system for Trevor now, at Clemson?
And we know college QBs have to transition to more reads and identifying coverages with quickness to make the next big step. No knock on Trevor implied.
It's my opinion that your concerns are legit.
Lawrence has talent...that is sure. But I think his Clemson system is extremely favorable to him. The NFL won't be so kind.

Cmac

Reaction score
It's my opinion that your concerns are legit.
Lawrence has talent...that is sure. But I think his Clemson system is extremely favorable to him. The NFL won't be so kind.
My opinion is legit, not a concern....BTW, my question that if DWatson is characterized as having been in a 1 read system, what is Trevor in, being at the same Clemson.....was never answered.

plasticman

Reaction score
You have a better statistical chance of getting your franchise QB in the 1st round but it is still 50-50. The moral is, no matter where you find him, once his performance establishes himself as a winner and a playmaker, you do everything in your power to keep him.

If you get a franchise quarterback in another round then you have pulled of a very rare and golden opportunity without having to sacrifice multiple high picks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You have a better statistical chance of getting your franchise QB in the 1st round but it is still 50-50. The moral is, no matter where you find him, once his performance establishes himself as a winner and a playmaker, you do everything in your power to keep him.

If you get a franchise quarterback in another round then you have pulled of a very rare and golden opportunity without having to sacrifice multiple high picks.

Exactly right! And if you find such a QB late, you definitely keep him! Even better when you get that player undrafted. Funny thing is, a certain team we cheer for has done this! We've found our 2 best franchise QBs in the last 2 decades undrafted or by way of a comp 4th round pick. Yet, some want to get rid of a 4th round QB who's proven to be a franchise QB?

Pentagruel

Reaction score
set up for failure, when this is your attitude, you set yourself up

Sure but that doesn’t change the fact that Washington is a dumpster fire for QB’s. If Haskins was drafted on a team with a better culture then he might have had more chance to succeed and develop better habits.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not a personal thing for me with Dak. It's just a practical decision on how best to use our available resources. I'm not afraid of going out and drafting a QB. I think it's easier now then it used to be but even still, I think you do have to have one. You can't win without a QB but the same can be said for a Defense IMO. Gotta manage that cap.
You realize if we signed Dak tomorrow to the biggest contract ever the next year Lamar makes him not the highest paid right? With all of the billions coming in from TV the cap is just fine. If we can hit on 3 draft picks like we did last draft all on defence we are in great shape