WFT replaces cheerleaders with coed dance team

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If half of the reports reported on the local rock station are remotely true this was not some one sided thing.

I was looking for reports of player involvement and only found general "players made comments" stuff. Can you cite anything specific?

And which is worse? Players flouting the rules set out or the folks telling the players not to flout the rules actually flouting the rules and beyond?

Creeper

Reaction score
Who cares? Much ado about nothing. I have been to a lot of football games in several stadiums and I do not recall watching the cheerleaders one time. No disrespect tot he cheerleaders who I am sure work hard to perfect their routines, but I am there to watch the game and I don't even think about the cheerleaders.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I was looking for reports of player involvement and only found general "players made comments" stuff. Can you cite anything specific?

And which is worse? Players flouting the rules set out or the folks telling the players not to flout the rules actually flouting the rules and beyond?
Local rock radio stations interviewing players and cheerleaders. Chris Cooley and Clinton Portis were notorious for violating the rules, as were many of the cheerleaders. As for the fraternization rule that was only among players and cheerleaders. But again there is plenty of blame of blame to go around. One cheerleader stated that the opportunities one gets as a cheerleader are fleeting once that well runs dry the who wouldn't go after NFL players or NFL FO personnel. Now I don't think every cheerleader thought like this but to think only one or two do is also naive. That being said one should not leverage their power to force people into positions they do not want to be in.

Motorola

Reaction score
Enjoy the cheerleaders now. I doubt they will be around much longer. Just a matter of time.
Au contraire, 'ninja' - the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders organization has been a surefire base \ launching pad \ platform \ vehicle for women to branch out and forge careers in entertainment and beyond. DCC members have made many apperances on television over the last 50 years. Many of the squad members had great drive; that plus the exposure of being a DCC - they moved into endeavors and careers that their innate leadership skills enabled them to succeed.
As long as the group avoids blatant exploitation and scandal, the organization will withstand any backlash by those that oppose the group's scantily-dressed public image. With longtime DCC former member- director- manager Kalli Finglass running the show under Cowboys excutive Charlotte Jones Anderson ...it should continue its long-running success.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You can have a cheer team AND a dance team. Not sure why they would discontinue the cheer squad.

The Cowboys wouldn't do that because they already have a dance team called the Rhythm & Blue dancers.
Wasnt it the Commanders cheerleaders that sued the team over pay? Let those cheerleaders walk when they become a headache. They are clearly eye cancdy and the ladies take the position to turn it into something bigger, like a model. So when they start complaining about not being paid fairly. just eliminate them.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Dallas Cowboys started the cheerleader trend in the NFL. The Cowboys will never give up their cheerleaders, even if it turns into a mix of different genders or non-genders in a few years.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
The Cowboys will never give up their cheerleaders, even if it turns into a mix of different genders or non-genders in a few years.

Please no...
it's absolutely going to happen though. I haven't looked at them in past 5 years, has it already? That wouldn't surprise me either. If a bunch of dudes and androgynous people are gonna be swinging their junk around just get rid of cheerleaders altogether. If we get dudes and non-binary people(nothing wrong with this your choice and all) we then have to have fat ones, super skinny ones, tall ones, every race, etc, etc if everybody isn't included then someone is excluded and being discriminated against.

lego_sage

Reaction score
Does anyone know how we can get something like this going for our organization?

I'm a costume designer with a specialty in men's dance uniforms and this could be a major opportunity for me. I have been trying to get a hold of someone in Frisco but they don't return my calls or emails. I love our cheerleaders and I think they've done so much for our city, state, and team; but times are changing and I think it's high time we give some enthusiastic men an opportunity to show that they can really get the crowd going on game day. I have a fabulous design for a men's uniform that will mesh perfectly with the ladies' and really add some spice to the squad.

I don't know if any of you have an "in" with the organization or know who it would be best to contact, but I would appreciate any advice. Below is a copy of the text in the email. I have excluded the pictures for privacy reasons, but I sent them pictures of myself modeling both the warm and cold weather uniform prototypes in the standard beginning stance, clasp, side lunge, and box motion cheerleading poses (so 8 pics in all.) I wasn't able to attach the videos.

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm a freelance costume designer and life-long Dallas Cowboys fan. In anticipation of future equity and inclusion efforts I have taken it upon myself to design a male/trans-male uniform that I think captures the spirit of the Cowboys while adding a masculine element and giving a new generation of athletic young boys way to participate in the Cowboys' success. I played football in high school and also participated in jazz dance, so I feel I'm uniquely qualified.

I have experience in costume design including a community production of West Side Story for which I designed, fitted, and made the uniforms for both the Jets (not the football team, lol) and the Sharks. I also designed the bridesmaid gowns for a celebrity wedding in Oak Lawn, but cannot disclose the participants. I have a complete sewing studio with lock-stich, chain-stich, cover-stich, and standard machines. I source my own fabric and I only use non-conflict cotton from Burkina Faso.

You can see from the attached photos (that's me) that my design includes warm and cold weather options. The shorts are a little scarce in the leg but still tasteful. They were designed to complement the male form with a touch of elegant Cowboys pride. The stirrup pants are perfect for colder months when our "Boyz" will need a little extra motivation to get them through those tough playoff games.

I can provide more photographs with additional poses or, better, come personally to the Ford center for a live demonstration.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance,

Sage (he/him/they)

Rayman70

Reaction score
OGC.05346770ed27646fbb8dd9cf1794ff74
way 2 go WFT. My Gawd.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like they're modeling this after the NBA

In a statement, team president Jason Wright said the team wanted to create halftime programs similar to those in the NBA. Pope spent 33 years in the NBA, starting with the Los Angeles Lakers as the manager of the Laker Girls. She also started the Knicks City Dancers. She has also worked for the New Jersey Nets and has served as a consultant since 2016.
I think its most likely PR spin to make it sound like they are not actually castrating themselves after their latest misogyny

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can just see Bruce Allen and Dan Synder resting their feet on cheerleader stools, while they smoke a pipe and read Jon Grudens latest inappropriate emails

No more Bruce Allen
No more cheerleader stools
Probably still reading inappropriate emails from Jon Gruden
No more pipes

Hardline

Reaction score
They did it for the same reason they dropped the name Red skins.
P.C.