WFT to be Washington Commanders?

stiletto

Reaction score
Just listening to local Washington sports radio, a lot of people are saying that the Commanders will be the new name of the team. They are down to 3 names apparently.

RaZon

Reaction score
Hard to believe people are so damn uptight the name of a football team would make any dent at all. Why even care?

Commanders,,,,sucks!

The Browns are unique in the fact they have no logo on the helmet, let Washington be unique with.....Washington Football Team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm hearing Red Wolves is a fan favor.......

220px-Red_wolf_%284531335218%29.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1DeqP-mmKE_ODbuoumexIvmwdPEyuPQXYHg&usqp=CAU

Flamma

Reaction score
They're going to come up with some stupid name worse than football team. They should just name themselves the Washington Jackasses and have an ear on each side of the helmet.

How cool would it be to hear Troy say, Jackass first down!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Armada is kind of interesting

Most of those names suck. Personally, I kind of like it when the various team names in an area play off the same - usually localized - theme.

Seattle might have the most consistent grouping. Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, and even the Kraken. All themed on the ocean.

I guess under that premise, the Commanders would be the pick for the team in DC. Capitals, Nationals, Commanders?

Of course it's already screwed up because of the Wizards. Way to go, NBA.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Most of those names suck. Personally, I kind of like it when the various team names in an area play off the same - usually localized - theme.

Seattle might have the most consistent grouping. Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, and even the Kraken. All themed on the ocean.

I guess under that premise, the Commanders would be the pick for the team in DC. Capitals, Nationals, Commanders?

Of course it's already screwed up because of the Wizards. Way to go, NBA.

Well, they were the Bullets but I guess that offended some group or another :eek:

stiletto

Reaction score
Red-Turds would be the most appropriate name...but they don't want to ultimately use the word "red" in their name. So Turds it is.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know why the Donkey doesn't get any love. Real easy. An ear on each side of the helmet similar to the Vikings and Eagles helmet design.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
They should just keep Washington football team. It’s unique for the NFL at least, and a little tongue in cheek as well.