What’s been the best of the last 23 seasons?

blumayne38

Reaction score
Season idk, but the Seattle game with romo I forget what year but geez was I happy we beat them. I felt like that was a win that made us serious contenders for a championship

DandyDon52

Reaction score
After watching the conference championship games today for the 23rd year without the Cowboys, my depressed mind turned to wondering a sad question- which of the last 23 seasons was “the best”? Still amazes me that none of those 23 included even a divisional playoff win.

But with that said, I would have to say either the
1. 2007 season which was Romo’s breakout season when they went 13-3 and probably had their best team and best chance to win it all.

2. Or the 2016 team that also went 13-3 unexpectedly during Dak and Zeke’s rookie season. It came out of nowhere which made it doubly fun and doubly disappointing when we lost to the packers.

Sad to say that two seasons where we won 13 games yet didn’t win a playoff game are the two seasons I enjoyed most in the last 23.

As a Cowboys fan since 1964, I cannot believe how frustrating it is to watch another season pass without much to show for it.
2007,2014,2016 were all potential SB Years if we had had a better HC and staff.
garrett contributed to all 3 playoff losses in those years.

I think todays champ games shows that the teams with the best coaching staff winds up winning.
JG isnt ever gonna get cowboys to SB.

Zordon

Reaction score
I truly dont understand this depression from the Cowboys being down this era like the NFL isn’t still great without us. We saw some great and entertaining football today. One of if not the greatest QB ever and greatest dynasty. And some great young up an coming talent and QB’s.

I guess following an Alma Mater that is a dormant school most years has prepared me for this Cowboy era. My team doesn’t have to be in the mix to enjoy and getting fired up for football. It just makes it more fun when they are. But I don’t need a horse in the race to get into it.

We’ve become more like the rest of the league. We aren’t great just struggling to make the playoffs. It is what it is. At least we have a better excuse than most with Jerry and his foolishness.
I don't know why but your post annoyed me.

This pervasive laissez fairre attitude in our fanbase is why Jerry has felt comfortable continuing his madness for two plus decades.

Zordon

Reaction score
to answer op's question the '14 seahawks game was the peak of my fandom.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know why but your post annoyed me.

This pervasive laissez fairre attitude in our fanbase is why Jerry has felt comfortable continuing his madness for two plus decades.
No, actually it’s fans who have continued to support him financially that have provided a stamp of approval.

I’ve been an Apathetic boycotting fan since I walked away from my season tickets after 37 years in 2008.

If you’d followed my all of these years you’d know. Obviously you misinterpreted my lack of emotion and devotion in the Cowboys now as some kind of support for Jerry’s debacle this era.

Regardless, the point remains is our team doesn’t need to be relevant to enjoy watching the NFL.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Quincy Carter playoff season...…………that was the best coaching job I have ever seen, seriously.

Parcells took a team with 4-5 win talent and coached it up and made the playoffs...……………..that is what real coaching looks like.

That is why Parcells is in the HOF...……...only way Clappy will ever see the HOF is if he buys a ticket and takes a tour.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say the best has been this year because Jerry is oldest. That's the only real progress made over the last 22 years. He's gotten 22 years older.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quincy Carter playoff season...…………that was the best coaching job I have ever seen, seriously.

Parcells took a team with 4-5 win talent and coached it up and made the playoffs...……………..that is what real coaching looks like.

That is why Parcells is in the HOF...……...only way Clappy will ever see the HOF is if he buys a ticket and takes a tour.

Sounds good but Landry the sequel took his team to 13 wins and the 1 seed in 2016 with a dog crap rookie QB.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
There was no real "Best" out of these past years but I felt good the most after the 2009 team knocked the smug Eagles out of the Playoffs & Romo finally got a Playoff win to shut some people up ( at least for a little while ).

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I think it’s the 2007 team.

Honestly if they get past the Giants. The cowboys win the Super Bowl that year. IMO

No chance. That NE team was a juggernaut and steam-rolled is earlier in the year. The Giants beat them with a pass rush that we couldn’t have matched.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the '14,'16 and '18 teams for me.

first thing that came to mind tho was Jason Witten.

JustChip

Reaction score
The Cowboy standard or Cowboy Way from what Landry established to nowadays is a basic embarrassment.

I have developed a deep appreciation for the Patriots to continue to do what they do.

We were once them.

There was a time when I despised the Patriots, but not now. I just respect the heck out of them. And theirs really surpasses the Landry/Schramm era as much as that pains me to say. That said, as with us, the Noll/Bradshaw Steelers, the Lombardi Packers, the Roman Empire, etc., all dynasties eventually end. The Patriots' will when Tom and Bill leave and their fans will be left in a few years with lamenting the dynasty days.

aikemirv

Reaction score
After watching the conference championship games today for the 23rd year without the Cowboys, my depressed mind turned to wondering a sad question- which of the last 23 seasons was “the best”? Still amazes me that none of those 23 included even a divisional playoff win.

But with that said, I would have to say either the
1. 2007 season which was Romo’s breakout season when they went 13-3 and probably had their best team and best chance to win it all.

2. Or the 2016 team that also went 13-3 unexpectedly during Dak and Zeke’s rookie season. It came out of nowhere which made it doubly fun and doubly disappointing when we lost to the packers.

Sad to say that two seasons where we won 13 games yet didn’t win a playoff game are the two seasons I enjoyed most in the last 23.

As a Cowboys fan since 1964, I cannot believe how frustrating it is to watch another season pass without much to show for it.

Watching Tony Romo play!
The seasons run together and so do the inept performances but Romo was a joy to watch play the game.