What’s the struggle?

blumayne38

Reaction score
The numbers just back up your statements

Dak was not appreciably better or worse in any quarter or half this year

His rating by Qtr was- 90.4, 93.7, 99.4, 88.7
If I went 4-6 for 15 yrds no TDs? In the first quarter what would my rating be? Would I be a good QB? Would you bet you’re house on me because my QB rating and completion % were high...nooo

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If I went 4-6 for 15 yrds no TDs? In the first quarter what would my rating be? Would I be a good QB? Would you bet you’re house on me because my QB rating and completion % were high...nooo
Yards, TOP, 1st downs, passing TDs were all the same 1st half vs 2nd half

Only big difference was 9 rushing Tds in the second half of games vs 4 in the first half....every other stat was surprisingly equal

your whole argument is anecdotal and a fallacy

Blackrain

Reaction score
The only problem with taking time to develop is that it leaves you with a weaker team once the rookie contract is up. The idea situation is to win before you have to pay everyone.
Totally agree that's why I believed we should have used a high draft pick when Romos health and age started to become a factor now we only have a year before Daks Rookie deal is up . Hoping we can make it farther this year but its a stretch. We need a couple pieces

blumayne38

Reaction score
Yards, TOP, 1st downs, passing TDs were all the same 1st half vs 2nd half

Only big difference was 9 rushing Tds in the second half of games vs 4 in the first half....every other stat was surprisingly equal

your whole argument is anecdotal and a fallacy
That’s the issuer the line on the chart never goes up or down just stays the same no progress no growth just blah lots of passes lots of completions no scoring

nobody

Reaction score
From what I have seen if we wanted a turnkey QB we would have had to use the pick we used on Zeke trade up for Wentz or Goff and Hope for the best Or done the logical thing and drafted a QB when we saw the health issue mounting with Tony . Heck and Wentz cant stay healthy

Paxton Lynch, Hackenburg Jacoby Brissett Cody Kessler , Conner Cook all drafted before Dak Where are they in there maturation process , Any Division championships , playoff wins ,

We are very lucky Dak is where he is and should be patient enough to see it through . The guy has started every game dosent miss a play just needs time to perfect his game

I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't say I wanted someone other than Dak. I'm talking before Dak was selected that were were screaming for them to pick someone to develop.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't say I wanted someone other than Dak. I'm talking before Dak was selected that were were screaming for them to pick someone to develop.

I agree Jerry counted on Tonys health holding out and we should have addressed the QB situation with a high draft pick long ago . Also don't think Jerry wanted any competition in camp for Tony to deal with . We really put all our hopes and faith in Tony to the point we left the team very vulnerable as we saw every time he was out with an injury .

If I had to guess I really believe Dak was not drafted as the QB of the future and Tony was supposed to be playing now with Dak backing him up but instead of us tanking when Tony went out as was the norm Dak seized the opportunity and played surprisingly well .

Now he gets crucified by a handful of impatient fans that cant understand why a 4th rd pick that wasn't even scheduled to be playing yet isn't Tom Brady in yr 3 even though the guy has played every down of every game and taken us to the post season twice in 3 yrs along with out playing every QB in his draft class except the guy drafted 1st overall .

Tough to figure some of these people out

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
whats the deal with daks super slow start in games? Is it that he needs time to get his arm going? Or is he just that confused by defenses that it takes a while for him to adjust to the flow of the game...idk maybe he fixes this problem next year. Super slow starts in games are what probably kept this team from winning 3-4 more games including the divisional...peace

Dak averages his highest yards per attempt in the 1st quarter

The reason the offense starts slow is because Zeke takes a while to get going. He only averages 3.8 yards per carry in the 1st quarter. Which is
8 yards less than the next closest quarter for him. He also only had one TD in the 1st half all season long.

Dak started so well in the divisional round that Trot even said "really strong start for Dak so far". Which Troy hardly ever compliments Dak. So yeah, that didn't happen lmao.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Dak averages his highest yards per attempt in the 1st quarter

The reason the offense starts slow is because Zeke takes a while to get going. He only averages 3.8 yards per carry in the 1st quarter. Which is
8 yards less than the next closest quarter for him. He also only had one TD in the 1st half all season long.
Ohhh okay right, Zeke is the problem. o_O Yeah. Sure. I’ll buy that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
whats the deal with daks super slow start in games? Is it that he needs time to get his arm going? Or is he just that confused by defenses that it takes a while for him to adjust to the flow of the game...idk maybe he fixes this problem next year. Super slow starts in games are what probably kept this team from winning 3-4 more games including the divisional...peace

Romo had these luls too and like Dak we were always better in the 2 minute offense.

Our offense has almost always struggled unless the Oline was playing at an unbelievable level.

The pass game in Dallas has always been a joke. Even with Romo. Romo was just a magician. Dak is not a magician but he looks like a completely different QB when we spread teams out.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I agree Jerry counted on Tonys health holding out and we should have addressed the QB situation with a high draft pick long ago . Also don't think Jerry wanted any competition in camp for Tony to deal with . We really put all our hopes and faith in Tony to the point we left the team very vulnerable as we saw every time he was out with an injury .

If I had to guess I really believe Dak was not drafted as the QB of the future and Tony was supposed to be playing now with Dak backing him up but instead of us tanking when Tony went out as was the norm Dak seized the opportunity and played surprisingly well .

Now he gets crucified by a handful of impatient fans that cant understand why a 4th rd pick that wasn't even scheduled to be playing yet isn't Tom Brady in yr 3 even though the guy has played every down of every game and taken us to the post season twice in 3 yrs along with out playing every QB in his draft class except the guy drafted 1st overall .

Tough to figure some of these people out
Whats to figure out? Dak is what you said a 4th round guy that’s NOT Tom Brady. Has a high completion percentage and low turnover rate. Lots of completions lots of passes no TDs. I think people who are critical of Dak have plenty of reason to be as I have shows in many of the video clips I posted

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Not true.

PFF says Dak is the fastest starter of games having led the league in super fast starts for the past three years.

Super fast starts (2016-2019):
  1. Dak (28)
  2. Brady (4)
  3. Brees (4)
  4. Rodgers (2)

blumayne38

Reaction score
Sustaining drives is a huge problem for Dak. When he starts in his own 20 or dosent have great field position he simple dosent get it done. He phenomenal when he has great field position but ask him to drive down the field and score not gonna happen at least not more times then not.

JustChip

Reaction score
That’s the issuer the line on the chart never goes up or down just stays the same no progress no growth just blah lots of passes lots of completions no scoring

It seems now that you were presented with facts refuting that Dak is a slow starter, you changed the argument to the fact that he's not a slow starter is the problem. Obviously you don't believe Dak is or can be an effective NFL QB for this team. And that's fine, we can all have differing opinions.

blumayne38

Reaction score
If you look at pro football reference split stat for daks field position. It shows a telling sign, when Dak starts on his own side of the field he is atrocious horrible scoring only 7 times. He can’t sustain drives and the only way he scores is if the defense gives great great field position so yeah those are some stats for you to suck on @JustChip

blumayne38

Reaction score
It seems now that you were presented with facts refuting that Dak is a slow starter, you changed the argument to the fact that he's not a slow starter is the problem. Obviously you don't believe Dak is or can be an effective NFL QB for this team. And that's fine, we can all have differing opinions.
What? Facts? That Dak has more “super fast starts” then Rodgers Brady and other elite QBs yeah okay sure buddy continue

blumayne38

Reaction score
Go jock ride someone else’s stats on another thread, you know what man I regress yeah Dak is good and we are entitled to our own opinions I actually said in the OP that it’s simple My opinion and to say that I don’t have facts is dumb I have posted videos in the eye in the sky thread you can look at

JustChip

Reaction score
Go jock ride someone else’s stats on another thread, you know what man I regress yeah Dak is good and we are entitled to our own opinions I actually said in the OP that it’s simple My opinion and to say that I don’t have facts is dumb I have posted videos in the eye in the sky thread you can look at

Dude, take a quaalude. Your original post and subsequent posts up to the one I responded to were about Dak being a slow starter. @Nightman refuted that in 2 different posts with QBR consistent across all quarters and yards, TOP, 1st downs, passing TDs were all the same 1st half vs 2nd half. It was after that 2nd post from @Nightman that you then changed to not being a slow starter, but "that’s the issue the line on the chart never goes up or down just stays the same". So which is it - is he a slow starter or that he's consistent?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I agree that qb raring is absolute trash. You are rewarded waaaaaaay more for completions than yardage so yes dink and dunks would get you a high rating.

Heck if you went 19-20 for 75 yds and 1 TD, you’d probably get a near perfect rating

:starspin::starspin::starspin:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/stat-sheet-misconceptions-passer-rating

What’s Worth More?

The values that were used to determine the passer rating were chosen based on league averages from years ago, but even then, they didn’t make sense. Here is an example of why:

Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.

Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

The first quarterback has a rating of an all pro, while the second has the rating of someone fighting for their job.

The equation is basically saying that a completion is worth as much as 20 yards, a touchdown is worth as much as 80 yards, and an interception is worth -100 yards. It makes sense that touchdowns are worth more than yards, and interceptions are negative, but, as the example illustrates, completions are very much overvalued because in reality, they only help if they gain yards.

The relative values of touchdowns and interceptions don’t make sense either. You already know that I believe the interception is overvalued as an indicator for QBs. As for touchdowns, in a game, it doesn’t matter if a quarterback were to run for one or pass for one, yet there would be a significant difference in their passer rating. I would argue a touchdown is overvalued as wel