1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

What’s up with Neville Gallimore?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Sep 20, 2022.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

33,325 Messages
    23,969 Likes Received
    He has a decent first step and very good upper body strength. His change of direction and anchor is below average. He is backup quality IMO.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  2. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet......

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    10,591 Messages
    8,114 Likes Received
    Sacks aren't important from a DT just want him to disrupt the pocket so the QB can't step up

RS12 likes this.
  3. Acceptablename

Acceptablename Well-Known Member

1,567 Messages
    1,095 Likes Received
    The D1 position doesn’t get a lot of write ups does it?

817Gill likes this.
  4. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    28,391 Messages
    31,991 Likes Received
    You line him up in a slow or weak OG or OC and he blow through gaps. I dont see him as someone who can win down after down against quality OL. He definitely has a place, but he isnt a guy you want as one of your top 2 DT's

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,228 Messages
    166,131 Likes Received
    Well then that's your fault. There isn't a quality DT on this roster.

WillieBeamen, RS12 and MizzouCowboy4 like this.
  6. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

3,451 Messages
    4,200 Likes Received
    Can’t think of the Cowboys ever having a big nasty guy in the middle.

Ever.

Drives me nuts

7. MizzouCowboy4

MizzouCowboy4 Well-Known Member

2,181 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received

Facts

Risen Star likes this.
  8. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member

7,399 Messages
    3,641 Likes Received
    ...or on someone's practice squad right now...with some better quickness

Knotamus likes this.
  9. AshyLarry06

AshyLarry06 Well-Known Member

501 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Been a hot minute since we’ve had a Giant nasty Heffer shutting **** down. The last one was probably those 2-3 years of prime Jay Ratliff but even he was an undersized nose. RIP David Irving’s brief NFL career, really thought he would become the next dominant force on this defense. Sigh.

10. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

11,936 Messages
    13,812 Likes Received
    What has he ever done besides that one play in Washington last season? I kept hearing “ we’re stacked” on DL during the preseason lol. Our DT’s are probably bottom 5 in the league.

RS12 likes this.
  11. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

1,313 Messages
    1,587 Likes Received
    Ed Oliver is 287 lol

12. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

29,965 Messages
    21,670 Likes Received
    If you watch games he, bohanna, and Osa are rotating but also pushing the pocket eating blocks while the DEs eat..i saw Gallamore got blatantly held(no call) what pushed the center of the pocket toward Parsons on one of parsons. sacks. Its deep rotation they are doing their job..DTs don't tend to be stat stackers..

its been TWO GAMES Broo these aren't RBs and WRS, they are hidden in the scrum.

Techsass, 817Gill and McKDaddy like this.
  13. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

17,438 Messages
    9,041 Likes Received
    1. We’ve played two very good teams with excellent running backs. Consider that our DTs were asked to play the run first and clog up the middle?
    2. In passing situations, our starting DTs are rotating out a bit with DLaw and guys like Armstrong, Gholston rushing inside.
    Gallimore is 10 times the player Ridgeway will ever be. The defense is not being successful with the starting DTs doing nothing, as suggested here. Unless you have Aaron Donald, your DT cannot tee off on the QB and play the run at the same time. When Washington is healthy on the DL again, I’m betting they do the exact same thing with Ridgeway, trying to move him to the PS.

BAT, 817Gill and McKDaddy like this.
  14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

29,965 Messages
    21,670 Likes Received
    IN 4 man rotation LOL they are pushing the center of the pocket i saw many of the DE sacks because of that DL actually collapsing the pocket..right two games big rotations DQ uses al his guys..

Loso86 and 817Gill like this.
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

16,840 Messages
    13,988 Likes Received
    He and Bohanna are splitting 1T reps. They did a solid job on Sunday, albeit against a struggling Offensive Line.

blueblood70 and 817Gill like this.
  16. exciter

exciter Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    2,310 Likes Received
    They’ve been trying to play him at 1 tech. If you remember reading the scouting reports on him, all were pretty much identical in saying he was a 3tech only. A couple even went as far as saying some team would make the mistake of trying to force him into the role. Sometimes those scouting reports are accurate. His skillset relies on quickness, he’s just not functionally strong enough, despite his size to rely on the brute force needed for how they’re trying to play him!

17. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

4,065 Messages
    5,302 Likes Received
    After two games, I don't know that I expected to see or hear anything from any of them. And, while I hope they remain serviceable, it doesn't look like you have anyone at DT with a super high ceiling at this point. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to be wrong.

I do like what Bohanna is doing based on what little I've been able to see. He was so incredibly raw when we picked him. I don't know if he'll ever get where we need him to be, but he's been an incredible value for where he was taken. Still, a monster DT in the first round at some pound wouldn't hurt my feelings.

817Gill likes this.
  18. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

53,219 Messages
    80,434 Likes Received
    I was hoping for more. Oh well.

But once again, it shows that when you spend middling assets on a position, you get middling results.

Techsass, BAT and RS12 like this.
  19. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

5,164 Messages
    4,967 Likes Received
    Rue the day we lost the Vanilla Gorilla who came in the league to break necks and make big hits.

20. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

8,912 Messages
    11,657 Likes Received
    Do you remember Maliek Collins? Every camp we heard this was the year Collins was going to break out. Every year we saw the same Maliek Collins play like a jag. I thought Gallimore was going to be something better than Collins, but after watching him these last two games I am beginning to fear he is Maliek Collins. Bohanna is already outplaying Gallimore in only his second year. I wonder if we would have been better off with Justin Hamilton.

And I am still wondering why Gallimore took 12 weeks to heal from a hyperextended elbow with no damage to bone of ligament last year.

FuzzyLumpkins likes this.