What analytics say about McCarthy in areas Rodgers didn't influence

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not gonna lie I’m not looking forward to the next 10 years of Mahomes and how great he is gonna be and hear the media slob him up. Yuck. You already got fans doing it here.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Well, if you talk to Greg Jennings, he says McCarthy’s inability to adapt goes back to when he was there. He didn’t use the talent to attack the defenses, meaning he doesn’t consider him in the likes of a coach like Andy Reid, who GJ considers a genius. While GJ thinks Reid is on another level, he basically said that McCarthy isn’t in that mold. So this idea that it was Rodgers is disputable even by GB players themselves.

GJ though says that McCarthy will be good for the Cowboys, because of the change. He also said that the year off may have been good for him from the former aspect.
Greg Jennings also made the perceived issue about him by whining about "my stats". Typical diva receiver on a team with a arrogant QB that thinks he knows better than everyone else.

I'm sure there are things McCarthy cold have done better. Hopefully the fresh start will re-energize him to understand where he needs to improve and the find the way to get better. The guy's record speaks for itself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not gonna lie I’m not looking forward to the next 10 years of Mahomes and how great he is gonna be and hear the media slob him up. Yuck. You already got fans doing it here.
Mahomes' play on the field speaks for itself. Some people are more a fan of certain players rather than certain teams. There is nothing wrong with that, so I suggest you grow some thicker skin and stop being so intolerant of folks that don't express their fanhood the way you do.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
The 2019 Dallas Cowboys were certainly a volatile, emotional experience. Despite the sensational high points like Dak Prescott’s early-to-mid-season MVP campaign, inconsistency down the stretch stirred tension and anxiety. Even with Dallas holding the division lead in the final month of the season, speculation grew as to whether Jason Garrett would return as head coach in 2020. The news broke later than some anticipated, but nevertheless, for the first time in a decade, Garrett will not be on the sideline for the Cowboys. Instead, Mike McCarthy will be stepping in to fill the void after a year-long hiatus from the NFL.

In his last stint as head coach, McCarthy’s reputation came under heavy scrutiny when reports surfaced depicting a toxic relationship with Aaron Rodgers, and a prodigious amount of dysfunction within the locker room. However, it’s difficult to fully discern the truth of such a situation to know how much blame should be allocated to McCarthy. He’s likely not fully innocent, but it’s doubtful he’s the only guilty party either.

Even with the unhappy ending in Green Bay, McCarthy did manage to stay at the helm for nearly 13 seasons and exit with what is now the third-best active winning percentage among NFL coaches (.618). In that time, he helped develop Aaron Rodgers into a two-time MVP, made the playoffs nine times, and won a Super Bowl in 2010. Unluckily, three of those playoff runs ended in the NFC Championship game (including the infamous botched onside kick recovery by Brandon Bostick). On paper, that’s a pretty solid resume.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-aggressiveness-passing-tendency-challenges/
Rogers has a toxic relationship with everyone..he’s a jerk

Techsass

Reaction score
I remember those teams for Rodgers and those receivers they had.

However gimme a decent rb McCarthy had in his years there. He has Aaron Jones as a rookie...before that the packers drafted Eddie Lacey who was prob one of the worst draft picks ever.

also the packers didn’t have much of a defense the majority of the time.

you add that up and I think it’s impressive he still made playoffs 9 of 13 years.
The burning question though is was that MM or Rodgers. I think it's a combination of both because GB wasn't stacked with super stars.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mahomes' play on the field speaks for itself. Some people are more a fan of certain players rather than certain teams. There is nothing wrong with that, so I suggest you grow some thicker skin and stop being so intolerant of folks that don't express their fanhood the way you do.
Oh shut up. No one said nothing about people
Who root for him. I said I’m not looking forward to the hype. Grow some thicker skin.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I'm sorry, big Mike deserves a pass seeing as though he had a very productive 13 years. Sure the last couple the train came off the tracks, bit that says something about a coach when he is allowed to stick around that long.

There are many factors in which saw the destruction of the Packers final couple of seasons with big Mike.

Word from a long-time Bears fan who watched the Pack closely during these years was that it was more a rift between McCarthy and the new GM. McCarthy got along with Ron Wolf, but the new guy wanted to go heavy into FAs and McCarthy didn't. Looks like in this case the new GM was right.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh shut up. No one said nothing about people
Who root for him. I said I’m not looking forward to the hype. Grow some thicker skin.
Pat Mahomes is "people". Ton's of folks root for him and it's no "hype". He is authentically that good and has earned the love he is receiving from fans. You must be rooting for the 49ers. You lost the debate at "shut up". LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pat Mahomes is "people". Ton's of folks root for him and it's no "hype". He is authentically that good and has earned the love he is receiving from fans. You must be rooting for the 49ers. You lost the debate at "shut up". LOL
That’s the thing there’s no “debate” that’s why I told you to shut up because you sound stupid. I don’t like the Chiefs or Niners. You sound silly. A joke.....ing....

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Caption this
giphy.gif

Sit your Brett Farve wanna be self down.....I made you!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is a fun QB to watch, but I get the feeling he's not gonna be around that long. Whether he regresses or gets injured, I don't know, but he's a shooting star, destined to flame out quickly.

Eh, just thought I'd say that.:grin:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well, if you talk to Greg Jennings, he says McCarthy’s inability to adapt goes back to when he was there. He didn’t use the talent to attack the defenses, meaning he doesn’t consider him in the likes of a coach like Andy Reid, who GJ considers a genius. While GJ thinks Reid is on another level, he basically said that McCarthy isn’t in that mold. So this idea that it was Rodgers is disputable even by GB players themselves.

GJ though says that McCarthy will be good for the Cowboys, because of the change. He also said that the year off may have been good for him from the former aspect.

Then he goes on to say the Cowboys will when a Super Bowl with McCarthy......

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...will-win-a-super-bowl-with-mike-mccarthy.html

Rayman70

Reaction score
the NFL is a league where you HAVE TO HAVE a alpha male HC at the helm,PERIOD. Its a gladiator sport and players are creatures of habit and repetition...structure. We haven't had that since the Tuna. Now we have 1 voice at the helm, not a "think tank" set up. Sounds very simplistic, but football in itself is not complicated. I think we can expect good results.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I disagree...

Elite, NO!

you have to win dude has been 15years since his last SB appearance..if he were elite hed have a Sb or two MM has a Sb their records over the same period are dang near exaxt with MM having the DSB win..so I put them on the same level..you are giving Reid credit because of this Mahomes revival when it took a Mahomes to get Reid back there, its not like he took a Foles or Dilfer and won one.. if you depend on eliet talent to get to and win one that are you Elite?

Garett went 10 years without a SB appearance Reids TAKEN 15yrs to get back to one..somehow hes an elite genius..hes a very good coach, hes great hes not elite,..

Elite is BB..not many can go there..

This is absolutely right on point. They loved Big Red in Philly but everyone will tell you that they weren’t happy with his clock management, he was horrible at it. And because of that most thought that he would never win a SB let alone call him elite.

SMDH at some posters.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That’s the thing there’s no “debate” that’s why I told you to shut up because you sound stupid. I don’t like the Chiefs or Niners. You sound silly. A joke.....ing....
Their was debate as soon as I told you people express fanhood in different ways and you should grow thicker skin when you see others express theirs in a different way than you do.

Have you been watching the playoffs? Do you have any appreciation for the game of professional football when it's played better than the Cowboys do? That's what the Chiefs and 49ers have ben doing, but you don't like it. LOL You sound silly. Great performance from great athletes but you don't like it. You are so pathetic to not appreciated what the Chiefs and 49ers are doing in the playoffs and likewise for what Pat Mahomes has been doing in the playoffs. You don't have to be a 49ers or Chief fan to appreciate what these teams have been doing in the playoffs but you make it sound like if in ain't the Cowboys it ain't worth watching. Not so!!! Great football is great football no matter who is playing. Too bad you can't see that. Your loss.

conner01

Reaction score
I want a balanced offense
More creative run game
More screens, slants and crossing routes and high pct passes
Take 4-5 shots a game to get the big plays
You have Zeke, use him

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Their was debate as soon as I told you people express fanhood in different ways and you should grow thicker skin when you see others express theirs in a different way than you do.

Have you been watching the playoffs? Do you have any appreciation for the game of professional football when it's played better than the Cowboys do? That's what the Chiefs and 49ers have ben doing, but you don't like it. LOL You sound silly. Great performance from great athletes but you don't like it. You are so pathetic to not appreciated what the Chiefs and 49ers are doing in the playoffs and likewise for what Pat Mahomes has been doing in the playoffs. You don't have to be a 49ers or Chief fan to appreciate what these teams have been doing in the playoffs but you make it sound like if in ain't the Cowboys it ain't worth watching. Not so!!! Great football is great football no matter who is playing. Too bad you can't see that. Your loss.
I don’t care about your love for Mahomes or the Chief. I don’t even care if you are a Chief fan. You are trying to make this bigger than what it really is. All I care about is my squad.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are so correct. It’s not like he took Nick Foles to a Super Bowl. People don’t realize how bad Nick Foles really was. To go to win a Super Bowl with him was remarkable to say the least. Andy Reid LOL
dont get me wrong I think AR is agreat coach but somehow it only takes one or two great years with Mahomes at QB to make people sweep his prior failures under the carpet..if its about winning a SB hes fell short, if its about consistently getting to a SB hes fallen short..

but its laughable hes all of sudden Elite because he finally got to another SB after a 15yr drought and with the NFL MVP in tow..i remember great getting redeemed for not being prepared in big games so getting down 24 and 17 in big games shows Preparedness? this happened to garett in the 2016 GB game and we also came back 2 times to tow with Dak, Mahomes bailed him out, period.. when Garett does it he sucks and doesnt belong but when Reid does it hes a élite coach..