What analytics say about McCarthy in areas Rodgers didn't influence

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is absolutely right on point. They loved Big Red in Philly but everyone will tell you that they weren’t happy with his clock management, he was horrible at it. And because of that most thought that he would never win a SB let alone call him elite.

SMDH at some posters.
yup somehow hes getting pass for getting down 24 to Htown and 17 to Titans? I thioght being prepared was an Elite Coaches strength and getting your teeth kicked in the first qtrs. of big games was bad? if it were Garett he would have been mocked , oh Mahomes saved him , isnt that riding on your players talent vs coaching? its what garett gets tagged with..

I thing reids a great coach but Elite he is not..

Im betting if we had Mahomes this season we would have for sure made the playoffs.. Dak had a bad 4-5 games down the stretch in close games, very winnable with play or two, mahomes makes those few extra plays that can carry a team..gove Dak to KC and get sown 24 and I believe its over get down 17 maybe no comeback either..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t care about your love for Mahomes or the Chief. I don’t even care if you are a Chief fan. You are trying to make this bigger than what it really is. All I care about is my squad.
I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost but I appreciate well played football, no matter who is doing it. Right now it just so happens to be Mahomes and his Chiefs doing it. If you can't see that, your loss.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I’m not gonna lie I’m not looking forward to the next 10 years of Mahomes and how great he is gonna be and hear the media slob him up. Yuck. You already got fans doing it here.
I don’t think he’s going to be the superstar in the future. That he is now. I think he’s a homerun Hail Mary type of guy. I would love to see sustain drives by him that I’m not now.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost but I appreciate well played football, no matter who is doing it. Right now it just so happens to be Mahomes and his Chiefs doing it. If you can't see that, your loss.
Mr. hail Mary Aaron Rodgers clone. Much rather watch a team like San Francisco.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah it’s my loss. Any other questions you have? Well played football.....if you like well played football then you must be rooting for the Niners,

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM..for better or worse, is THAT alpha male we been lacking at the HC position ever since the Tuna left town.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mr. hail Mary Aaron Rodgers clone. Much rather watch a team like San Francisco.
That’s what I’m saying. If you are talking about you like well played football then you should like the 9ers. The most well balanced and best coached team in the playoffs.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Patriots showed everybody how to beat Mahomes. Middle pressure control the edge. Make them throw the deep ball. I think San Francisco destroys them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah it’s my loss. Any other questions you have? Well played football.....if you like well played football then you must be rooting for the Niners,
I don't have a horse in that race. I just want to see a good game. Either team is capable of beating the other. The 49ers certainly dominated their meeting in the regular season but I don't think we'll see a repeat of that. Should be a close game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry, big Mike deserves a pass seeing as though he had a very productive 13 years. Sure the last couple the train came off the tracks, bit that says something about a coach when he is allowed to stick around that long.

There are many factors in which saw the destruction of the Packers final couple of seasons with big Mike.

Yes, no way to know exactly who did what with regards to:
Packers GM (public feud with Farve pre-Rodgers)
McCarthy
Rodgers

The article points out that they passed more than average. Probably 100% of Head Coaches would have passed more than average with Rodgers at QB...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in that race. I just want to see a good game. Either team is capable of beating the other. The 49ers certainly dominated their meeting in the regular season but I don't think we'll see a repeat of that. Should be a close game.
Well you said you root for good football. One could argue that the Chiefs don't play good football but the 49ers do.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I can't imagine a QB harder to work with than Rodgers. I'm even including Winston.

I'd put most of the dysfunction on Aaron.

Rodgers sort of became friends with a bar owner in Green Bay. The time he would stop by, not that often, was in the off season like 3:00 in the afternoon when there weren't very many customers. He asked this owner if he could make sure that people didn't bother him when he was there because he pus up with fans only when he's at autograph sessions when he's paid to.put up with them. Chris one time told Rodgers that if he doesn't want to be bothered by fans, stop someplace and pick up a six pack and drink at home. He finally told Rodgers that he's not going to anger regular customers that come 3,4, 5 times a week spending a lot more money that Rodgers did. Chris had a couple ofl other packer players and a coach that on occasions stopped by and didn't ask for any special treatment.

JBond

Reaction score
What are you babbling about streetwise? Mahomes has been the perfect teammate.

JBond

Reaction score
I disagree...

Elite, NO!

you have to win dude has been 15years since his last SB appearance..if he were elite hed have a Sb or two MM has a Sb their records over the same period are dang near exaxt with MM having the DSB win..so I put them on the same level..you are giving Reid credit because of this Mahomes revival when it took a Mahomes to get Reid back there, its not like he took a Foles or Dilfer and won one.. if you depend on eliet talent to get to and win one that are you Elite?

Garett went 10 years without a SB appearance Reids TAKEN 15yrs to get back to one..somehow hes an elite genius..hes a very good coach, hes great hes not elite,..

Elite is BB..not many can go there..
Reid makes in game adjustments at an elite level.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well you said you root for good football. One could argue that the Chiefs don't play good football but the 49ers do.
You're right, one could argue that but one would be wrong because otherwise, they would not have made it to the Super Bowl. I won't be surprised if the 49ers dominate once again but I anticipate a much closer game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're right, one could argue that but one would be wrong because otherwise, they would not have made it to the Super Bowl. I won't be surprised if the 49ers dominate once again but I anticipate a much closer game.

Oh I expect the Chiefs to win. I think they have the better qb play and I'm not sure if the Niners can handle their offense in a Super Bowl atmosphere.

But what do you consider good football? Good football to me is when you are good at every facet of the game. That's the 9ers. Chiefs defense is not good. Even on offense.....they don't really sustain drives they get by with big plays and those big plays have worked thus far. Not taking anything away from them. I'm just shocked you consider that good football.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh I expect the Chiefs to win. I think they have the better qb play and I'm not sure if the Niners can handle their offense in a Super Bowl atmosphere.

But what do you consider good football? Good football to me is when you are good at every facet of the game. That's the 9ers. Chiefs defense is not good. Even on offense.....they don't really sustain drives they get by with big plays and those big plays have worked thus far. Not taking anything away from them. I'm just shocked you consider that good football.
The Chiefs are far from perfect but they do what they need to to get the win most weeks. I enjoy watching their big plays.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That’s the thing there’s no “debate” that’s why I told you to shut up because you sound stupid. I don’t like the Chiefs or Niners. You sound silly. A joke.....ing....
Funny thing about some people on this board. They believe they win “debates” on differences of opinions. One moron tries to keep score.