What are our biggest needs week into fa?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Fully understand free agency is far from over, but here are our priority needs as of right now:

NT, OL, RB, WR, TE

-We know it's highly unlikely they address NT at 26, along with no NT prospect being worthy of that selection.
-Running back has 2 1st rd prospects in Robinson, Gibbs
-Wide receiver has 4-5 in JSN, Johnson, Addision, Hyatt and Flowers
-OL has Torrence, Schmitz, Harrison
-TE has 4 worthy with Mayer, Kincaid, Mustgrave, Washington

cnuball21

Reaction score
Blinking, flashing, glaring red light at upgrading offensive weapons.

If we don’t do something significant before the draft and head into the season with Gallup as our #2 again we’re going to have the same playoff results as the last 2 years.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Fully understand free agency is far from over, but here are our priority needs as of right now:

NT, OL, RB, WR, TE

-We know it's highly unlikely they address NT at 26, along with no NT prospect being worthy of that selection.
Expect all those positions to be filled in the draft. The Cowboys are done with any big signings or trades. The Joneses are now setting up their war room now. I noticed something about Stephen Jones, when he decides to pay a player he holds them accountable. If they drop off they are gone. Dak is his crossfire now. The Cowboys made sure they ran Zeke into the ground and kept running him even when he was done. I think Dak will throw the ball more next season. Check out Cowboys Blog with Joe he really tells the truth about the Cowboys.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Expect all those positions to be filled in the draft. The Cowboys are done with any big signings or trades. The Joneses are now setting up their war room now. I noticed something about Stephen Jones, when he decides to pay a player he holds them accountable. If they drop off they are gone. Dak is his crossfire now. The Cowboys made sure they ran Zeke into the ground and kept running him even when he was done. I think Dak will throw the ball more next season. Check out Cowboys Blog with Joe he really tells the truth about the Cowboys.
Man if that’s their plan we’re in for more of the same results.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

NT, OL, RB, WR, TE

I expect them to add a WR in the next couple weeks. Unless JSN is there, WR is going to be pretty weak by 26. I dont expect him to be.

I dont expect OL either. Any OL they draft at 26 would like be a backup most if not all of the season. Interior OL has low positional value to begin with, if that person isnt a starter week 1 through 17, I dont see any way thats the pick. 3rd or 4th round maybe

- If Banks is there at 26, I think he is the guy

-If not TE is probably the pick.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Blinking, flashing, glaring red light at upgrading offensive weapons.

If we don’t do something significant before the draft and head into the season with Gallup as our #2 again we’re going to have the same playoff results as the last 2 years.
Agree. Offensive heavy draft coming. Think OBJ will eventually sign, but it is a game of chicken right now. His signing might be holding up others.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Disagree, they created more cap space for a reason, this it’s for a receiver and they will get it done at some point.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I expect them to add a WR in the next couple weeks. Unless JSN is there, WR is going to be pretty weak by 26. I dont expect him to be.

I dont expect OL either. Any OL they draft at 26 would like be a backup most if not all of the season. Interior OL has low positional value to begin with, if that person isnt a starter week 1 through 17, I dont see any way thats the pick. 3rd or 4th round maybe

I agree, but think we are headed for bpa on offense at 26, unless Banks falls

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If I am betting money with a gun to my head right now, it would be on TE. Which one is where it gets interesting
The only one I don’t want is Mustgrave, in his limited snaps he seems to go down very ackward almost every time, reminds me of Embiid from the sixers who had been very injury prone

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Disagree, they created more cap space for a reason, this it’s for a receiver and they will get it done at some point.
Well they got Cooks and kept their draft picks. I now think their first 4 picks will be in some order tight end, running back, defensive lineman, and offensive linemen.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well they got Cooks and kept their draft picks. I now think their first 4 picks will be in some order tight end, running back, defensive lineman, and offensive linemen.
Just like Corner, they can still draft another future starter.

kevinhickey

Reaction score

Hold out for hope on the OL. Last year Tyler Smith was valued as a fringe 1st rounder and we got him and I would say he turned out to be a steel. Bergeron from Syracuse played LT and is very comparable to Smith. We could plug him into LG. Avila, TCU could be our LG. Don’t be surprised if we go after a pass rusher to keep Micah from wearing down. I like both directions! After adding Cooke’s, Jerry might go back to some wheeling and dealing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just like Corner, they can still draft another future starter.
I don’t think they trust the receivers in this draft. They feel they are set with at least 5 receivers if you include the kick returner. The corners are the same. They gonna cut one Lewis, Joseph or Wright. I don’t see any cornerback in this draft that would play over Diggs, Gilmore, or Bland. Even the big 3 corners. Big hole at blocking tight end, Big hole at left guard, Big hole at 2nd running back and Biggest hole along the defensive line. Easy draft to figure out.