What are the benefits of this team going to the playoffs?

khiladi

Reaction score
toolbox, i havent waffled once.
they do not run a high dose of play action.
i never stated they did. i merely told you reasons why they haven't or weren't.
i said garrett knows far more than you about play-action and that you are largely football stupid.

i stand by all that firmly.

Keep waffling.. that's why you poor thing went all literal on hyperbole...

Proximo

Reaction score
Im sorry but watching this team Is not "fun" its painful and embarrasing.

Sadly im a fan and I just have to deal with it.

Sounds like you need a new hobby. If you don't even enjoy the games I can't begin to imagine why you'd continue to be a fan? Wouldn't you rather spend your Sundays doing something you enjoy?

Would you spend a couple of hours watching the same bad movie every weekend? It doesn't make any sense, does it? It's your choice to continue doing something you don't enjoy. You don't have to deal with putting yourself through the "pain" and "embarrassment" of watching the Cowboys, you choose to.

And you know what, we've actually won more games than we've lost so far, and we're in the thick of the playoff race here in December. I'm excited to watch my team play meaningful games and see how this thing plays out. If you can't appreciate or enjoy that as a fan, I feel for ya man. I really do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Reading is fundamental. There is a reason I wrote the following sentence:

And the Panthers didn't force a punt this one time at band camp.

Not sure why you keep trying to outdo yourself for dumbest post of the day but now you go on ignore.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Panthers didn't force a punt this one time at band camp.

Not sure why you keep trying to outdo yourself for dumbest post of the day but now you go on ignore.

Just lame.. just lame.. what else can I say..

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
The Commanders forced the Bears to punt only 3 times. All 3 of those punts came in the 1st and 2nd quarter. The Commanders, let by that powerful RG3, scored 45 points. They scored 21 in the second half without forcing any punts.

If the Cowboys force 3 punts against the Bears they probably win the game.

And the Commanders are 3-10...using them as an example is laughable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think each fan needs to ask themselves the question:

Is a playoff appearance worth another year or more of this same front office and staff?

My answer is No.

The staff was changed after last season and what good did that do? Unless you change the HC and bring in an experienced one who isn't being manipulated by Jerry we're going to continue seeing the same thing. Jerry said a few weeks ago regardless how the Cowboys finish Garrett is coming back and he probably will. Jerry likely has a 4-5 year plan with him so those hoping the team tanks the rest of the way to push Jerry to make major changes are probably going to end up disappointed.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you would rather the Cowboys sit home for the playoffs every year so there's no chance of adding another playoff loss to Romo's resume? He has playoff losses on his resume leading a 13-3 team and an 11-5 team. I would rather add playoff losses to his resume than seasons without making the playoffs. The more playoff chances Romo gets the more battle tested he becomes. Peyton Manning has 11 playoff losses on his resume. It took 20 playoff games for him to win a championship.

I would rather it fall apart and hope for real change than to see a fraud playoff team with no chance whatsoever to win anything.

The fact that it would give Romo an additional playoff loss on his resume is meaningless to me.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
But let's also be honest. We are lucky win any game. We will be lucky to have a chance at Philly week 17. We will be even luckier to beat them!!!!

That's reality.

But............man i would love to have just one more week. A playoff week. A playoff in Dallas..........

Yeah, i fully expect to get blown out. But. This is the NFL. "Anything" can happen.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a new hobby. If you don't even enjoy the games I can't begin to imagine why you'd continue to be a fan? Wouldn't you rather spend your Sundays doing something you enjoy?

Would you spend a couple of hours watching the same bad movie every weekend? It doesn't make any sense, does it? It's your choice to continue doing something you don't enjoy. You don't have to deal with putting yourself through the "pain" and "embarrassment" of watching the Cowboys, you choose to.

And you know what, we've actually won more games than we've lost so far, and we're in the thick of the playoff race here in December. I'm excited to watch my team play meaningful games and see how this thing plays out. If you can't appreciate or enjoy that as a fan, I feel for ya man. I really do.

Im more of a casual fan Im not emotinally invested in this team like some of you. I can easily turn the game off and go do somethibg else. Ive dont it several times this season.

It troubles me how anyone could describe watching this trainwreck of a team fun. Maybe we have a different definition of what fun is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would rather it fall apart and hope for real change than to see a fraud playoff team with no chance whatsoever to win anything.

The fact that it would give Romo an additional playoff loss on his resume is meaningless to me.

If falling apart would guarantee some "real" change as in HC and how Jerry runs the team then it would be for the better in the long run but I don't see "real" change coming no matter how bad the rest of the season goes. Jerry said a few weeks ago regardless how the Cowboys finish Garrett will be back. Granted he's said things in the past and went against it but it appears he's got a 4-5 year plan with Garrett and is going to stick with it unless the team quits on him the final 3 weeks.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

Same here. Jerry also said he would never fire a coach mid season but then when the pressure was too high, he cut Wade didn't he? Jerry is a liar. The more we become a laughing stock, the more he will jump. The thing is, he almost always makes bad decisions. So, all we can really do is hope. Maybe one day he will admit he was wrong about the GM position and hire one. We aren't going ANYWHERE with the current team, so it is pretty pointless.

What good does it do us to make the playoffs and get a crappy draft pick out of it and a first place schedule next year? It just increases the chances of us being .500 or below next year. I would rather take it on the chin and have a few bad years so we can rebuild. The only problem is, do they realize what it even takes to rebuild?

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think each fan needs to ask themselves the question:

Is a playoff appearance worth another year or more of this same front office and staff?

My answer is No.

If we could get someone like Parcells again, I would say "no", too - in a heartbeat. But, the front office is Jerry, Stephen, and company, and if there are any changes made, it will just be more of the same in that area. Jerry is still going to be in the room on draft day. If Garrett is fired, Jerry will pick someone new to put out front as head coach and he'll continue to meddle in every facet of the organization. Norv Turner would probably like to be a head coach again. (Come to think of it, that doesn't sound so bad - it might bring our offense back to life. I'm waffling here...:))

Recall that it took (3) 5-11 seasons and the need for public financial support for a new stadium to get us Parcells. If we lose out, one 7-9 season that can easily be blamed on injuries just won't do it, IMO. In addition, our Monday night beatdown was the most watched Monday Night Football game of the season, so Jerry knows for sure the fans are still on board.

In any case, I do hope we get into the playoffs.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Proximo I ask because if we make the playoffs it justifies in Jerrys mind we are not that far away. After watching Monday Night we are along ways from what I originally thought

I guess the Saints are a long ways away also after that Seattle game?

We won't be a favorite in any playoff game.

But it's a one and done tournament. Anything can happen. And anything often does.

Who was the last pre playoff superbowl favorite to actually win it all?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
They better not lay down against GB like they did the Bears.

GB is coming to Dallas still in the playoff hunt & they ARE well coached so Dallas is already behind the eight ball there.

Lots of finger pointing this week. We don't watch enough film, the defense needs to do this more, I'm not sure I can fix these guys. Yikes.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Lots of finger pointing this week. We don't watch enough film, the defense needs to do this more, I'm not sure I can fix these guys. Yikes.
And very very little about the opponent. They are spending far more time being introspective when honestly it is a little late for soul searching.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day that true fans of a football team would say "I dont want my team to make the playoffs" when they are in a position to control their own destiny with 3 to go.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here. Jerry also said he would never fire a coach mid season but then when the pressure was too high, he cut Wade didn't he? Jerry is a liar. The more we become a laughing stock, the more he will jump. The thing is, he almost always makes bad decisions. So, all we can really do is hope. Maybe one day he will admit he was wrong about the GM position and hire one. We aren't going ANYWHERE with the current team, so it is pretty pointless.

What good does it do us to make the playoffs and get a crappy draft pick out of it and a first place schedule next year? It just increases the chances of us being .500 or below next year. I would rather take it on the chin and have a few bad years so we can rebuild. The only problem is, do they realize what it even takes to rebuild?

Oh, no. I'm not talking about Jerry and Stephen rebuilding. If that's the case, last one out hit the lights.

What I'm hoping for is desperation and the owner pulling another Parcells. That's what we need. Or at least that's the best case scenario with this owner.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day that true fans of a football team would say "I dont want my team to make the playoffs" when they are in a position to control their own destiny with 3 to go.

I understand it. Those who don't want to make the playoffs just want to force change in an organization that has brought us two decades of mediocrity, with no change in sight.