What are the chances

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It appears management was willing to give Marinelli a "political plum", in other words a nice quiet job as assistant HC in the last year of his contract that expires after 2018. We all see what happens when guys contracts expire lately. So there may be some hope yet.

What are the chances that management does keep there eyes open for a new DC? Yes, JJ did say Marinelli was safe but what exactly did he say? Hard to know with JJ speak.

Question: What are the chances that management keeps their eyes open for a new DC while keeping Roddy on as an assistant HC, allowing him to set sail for his golden years after football in 2018. Discuss among yourselves

Mad_max

Reaction score
Who was the brain behind putting the rookie CB's in? I know it wasn't the clapper.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who was the brain behind putting the rookie CB's in? I know it wasn't the clapper.
I actually agreed w/ that decision, but I also figured 2017 was a throwaway year while the rooks got acclimated. We'll be much better for it long term.

Reactions: G2

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually agreed w/ that decision, but I also figured 2017 was a throwaway year while the rooks got acclimated. We'll be much better for it long term.
Yeah, they had to find out what they had and didn't get to see them until the season was well under way.

Same with the LG and RT and eventually the LT positions.

When I consider how many new moving parts on that D, I was rather impressed with how they did play. They had ?'s in every unit and I don't know if they started the same 11 in any game.

The failing of this team to make the playoffs was not on the D and considering the secondary was overhauled, 9-7 was not that bad.

I am thinking they get that missing meanass DT to clog the middle and keep the OL off the LB's they will go a long way toward getting this right. Of course, they have to figure out what to do with Hitchens and Lawrence or that 1st pick might not be the DT that it needs to be.

I really don't get the discord over Marinelli, he did the best job of all the coaches. Linehan is the one they need to replace with an OC with his own playbook and not Garrett's.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ncn, this will get more response in the main forum. This is in the goofin' off Forum.

Mad_max

Reaction score
I agree. You can't lose the whole defensive backfield and do very well. I should be happy with the won-loss record. But if the team had made it into the playoffs they still would have lost. I actually think the defense is much better. If they keep trying to get better on the defensive front.