What Are the Cowboys Worth to Dak?

Batman1980

Reaction score
These players career could end on the next snap , game or season. They should maximize their earning potential.

The owners will release them without any loyalty as they see fit. No contracts are fully guaranteed.

Kirk Cousins could fall down the stairs tomorrow and he would still get his $87 million.

JBond

Reaction score
That's nice and all but give Dak his money. He was the 77th highest paid QB last year. The ONE person in the NFL (save maybe R. Wilson) that should not take a penny less than market value (whatever that is) is one Dak Prescott.
77th? Wow. I was not aware of that.

Quick... give him 180 million. Let's do this thing.

JBond

Reaction score
These players career could end on the next snap , game or season. They should maximize their earning potential.

The owners will release them without any loyalty as they see fit. No contracts are fully guaranteed.
You seem unfamiliar with the collective bargaining agreement the players agreed to.

Flamma

Reaction score
In hindsight we should have extended him 25M for 6 years last year. I'll admit I was not in that camp. But that's an error on the front office side, I'm just a fan. I have heavily criticized him but I always pumped the breaks stating it could be a supporting cast issue. The Cowboys organizations itself should have a better idea than I do as far as that's concerned. But as hard as I was on the dude I always preferred him over Wentz, Goff, and any other number of these clowns so highly rated. And it's not just because I am a Cowboys fan. I have eyes.

robertfchew

Reaction score
That's nice and all but give Dak his money. He was the 77th highest paid QB last year. The ONE person in the NFL (save maybe R. Wilson) that should not take a penny less than market value (whatever that is) is one Dak Prescott.

Not true. Simply by being a cowboys qb who wins regular season games he gets opportunities nobody ever will. Guy isn't struggling and is making money outside of the nfl. I'm willing to bet theres not a poster on here who makes more than he does. There may be a few doctors on here I guess but they only have him beat on salary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You seem unfamiliar with the collective bargaining agreement the players agreed to.
I didn’t mean release them while they’re still playing under their guaranteed part of the contact . You took it too literally.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not true. Simply by being a cowboys qb who wins regular season games he gets opportunities nobody ever will. Guy isn't struggling and is making money outside of the nfl. I'm willing to bet theres not a poster on here who makes more than he does. There may be a few doctors on here I guess but they only have him beat on salary.
As a Cowboy he also has to deal with all of the media exposure which is often negative. I’d rather be somewhere where every single thing you did wasn’t under a microscope.

Batman1980

Reaction score
As a Cowboy he also has to deal with all of the media exposure which is often negative. I’d rather be somewhere where every single thing you did wasn’t under a microscope.

shaking-hands-with-a-legend-wetwork-brett-favre-must-feel-50317679.png

JBond

Reaction score
I didn’t mean release them while they’re still playing under their guaranteed part of the contact . You took it too literally.
Personally, I would have given taco 7 to 10 snaps against Miami

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It always amazes me why fans have issues with players making tens of millions but not owners making billions.

If the owners didn’t think it made them money they wouldn’t pay it. It’s really very simple.

This is sports entertainment at the highest level. It stopped being just a football league decades ago.

Batman1980

Reaction score
The ringleader at the big top is making $2 million this year. It's one of the biggest stories in the NFL.

Little Jr

Reaction score
it is a long article. It talks with a few Cowboys players that talk about the benefit and business opportunities that playing for the Cowboys, and Jerry Jones offers. It is pretty clear that Jerry is trying to give his players business opportunities that they would never get if they played for other teams. It has a few players that are giving the pluses to playing for Dallas.. specifically the offices that Woodson and Emmitt have at the star.............. like I said, it is clear that playing for the Cowboys has huge pluses and IMO, players like Dak should absolutely take less to take advantage of those advantages. There is some good info that gives us a litttle insight into those benefits that we , I know I was not aware of.
Aikman, Smith, Romo, t.smith, Martin, fred, Dlaw, Zeke and I'm sure others I'm not mentioning, all got TOP PAY and didn't take less. All that has been reported, including Dak himself, he's not asking for top pay. So what should he take less? Others didn't.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How do you figure? Sounds like they’d save 100 million to me.

Of course they’re making more now . It continues increasing.
because they are going to spend the cap. so if they pay Dak 10 dollars, other guys are getting the $99,999,900.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It’s too long to read . I asked for a summarization.

What players? Former players or current ones?
If you are too lazy to read it yourself, Im not going to rewrite it in cliff note form for you. And I bet you talk about millennials....lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is a load of crap asking Cowboy players to take less because of potential outside revenue.

Maybe we should ask Jerry to lower his ticket prices since he’s making so frikin much.

You actually believe players should take less to increase the teams chances of affording more talent to win? Totally absurd. Lol
if Im on the bengals, Dolphins,Jets and on and on and on... hell no, Id never take less. But I MAKE MORE overall by being n the Cowboys....not sure what is so hard about this.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is a load of crap asking Cowboy players to take less because of potential outside revenue.

Maybe we should ask Jerry to lower his ticket prices since he’s making so frikin much.

You actually believe players should take less to increase the teams chances of affording more talent to win? Totally absurd. Lol
How does lowering ticket prices relate to the cowboys deal with the cap? Ridiculous analogy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You completely missed the point and otherwise made irrelevant assertions. I bet Dak and his agent (you know one of the major parties that has to approve any deal) cares deeply about what his career earnings are.

The point is BECAUSE Dak was a 4th rounder and was paid like a 4th rounder (which is NOBODY'S "fault") while he was a starting QB on a team that went to and won in the playoffs (a simple fact), Dak Prescott (like R. Wilson prior) should NOT (and I believe will not) take nor deserves to take anything less than market value -- whatever that number is. I hardly believe that Dak is going to sit around and see Goff, for example, who has ALREADY made 50x more than he has, earn an additional 110 million guaranteed and say to himself: "nah, I am good...continue to pay me below market rate."

And Romo made a ton because of the star, so did Troy, so did Dez, so did Jaylon Smith, so did Tyron, so did J. Witten, so did Elliott, etc...and each took contracts that was near or at market rate ---many of which reset the market for their position. Why should Dak, the guy that barely has made couple of million 3 seasons plus into his career, take a penny less?

And your remarks regarding what contract/money Dak would make in Cincy is pure speculation. We will see what happens when/if say Baker Mayfield -- who pays in the same state, OH, accomplishes what Dak has...what kind of endorsement deals Baker will get.

I wasnt saying Dak would get less NFL money if he were to sign with someone else... Im \saying all that endorsement money he currently gets would be gone in a second if he played in cincy. You think Dak's commercials are there because he is such an amazing personality? Who would you guess has more in endorsements off the field? Dak or Russel Wilson?

shabazz

Reaction score
It always amazes me why fans have issues with players making tens of millions but not owners making billions.

If the owners didn’t think it made them money they wouldn’t pay it. It’s really very simple.

This is sports entertainment at the highest level. It stopped being just a football league decades ago.

Well Gregory, The players salary's have to fit into something called a Salary Cap. If a certain player gets a contract that exceeds his on the field worth it will or may cause other players not to be re-signed which makes some of us cranky.

When the Owners have to adhere to a Team Value Salary Cap then we can scrutinize that, but until that time tough luck