What Are the Cowboys Worth to Dak?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol.... so the deal they offered him, you dont think that was gonna give him long term security???? lol

There are ample rumors of what is being offered. Vast majority of the time it comes down to how a deal is structured.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There are ample rumors of what is being offered. Vast majority of the time it comes down to how a deal is structured.
everything we have been told it is over years. Cowboys want a longer deal, Dak wants a shorter one so he can cash in twice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you must be kidding?
Those games werent watched because fans of NFL teams knew their heroes were sitting on the sidelines waiting to return... so of course they were not legitimized by fans. BUT, if all the current players disappeared tomorrow and were replaced by the best of what remained.... we wuldnt care.

Dont believe me? Just look at what happened in Jacksonville. Foles went down, Simeian in for less than a quarter, he goes down, and a guy that wasnt even on the roster 2 weeks before is now being cheered like crazy. Romo was here one day and gone the next, and Dallas didnt skip a beat. Luck was here one day and gone the next, Colts just keep on moving ahead.
Replacing one player didn’t skip a beat but if you replaced them all, different result.

And it matters who you replace them with.

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The NFL player agreement says the draft position determines value for first 4 years. How do you determine Ur stance on this? As a free agent, anything can be considered, but as a non free agent, the NFL agreement determines this. The NFL is NOT a freemarket enterprise. There is a cap in this agreement. If Dallas chooses to give a new deal, it can include anything it wants , period. The NFL is already at odds with anti trust laws. If I'm the Jones, I remind Dak of the privilege of being a cowboy. I would also, save every dime possible with every player on the team , if I'm interested in winning games. Throwing money around carelessly in this salary cap era has implications that affect the teams success. Your statement, is just an arbitrary opinion. You need to state it as such.
I don't see anywhere where I said it was fact! Although your statement contains a fact concerning the cap, your resolution is mere arbitrary opinion and should be stated as such. For one thing you are not Jerry Jones and what you would do and what's gonna happen are not the same. I stand by my statement , being a Cowboy has nothing to do with market value. The Cowboys are just one of 32 teams that set the market.

Fire407

Reaction score
I just wish Jerry and Stephen wouldn't make public statements about how they won't reset the market, and then they turn around and do. I don't mind them doing it with Zeke and Dak and Amari, but just do it without saying you're not going to.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Replacing one player didn’t skip a beat but if you replaced them all, different result.

And it matters who you replace them with.
replace them all and nothing changes.... NOTHING. The public's appetite for football is so great we dont care the names, faces, ..... just give us the best players AVAILABLE and all is well. Thats why when players go, others step right up. And yes, those players can do just as well if given the opportunity.
we can argue about this all day, so I will just agree to disagree with you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
replace them all and nothing changes.... NOTHING. The public's appetite for football is so great we dont care the names, faces, ..... just give us the best players AVAILABLE and all is well. Thats why when players go, others step right up. And yes, those players can do just as well if given the opportunity.
we can argue about this all day, so I will just agree to disagree with you.
Then why do owners waste money paying these guys if they can churn the roster every year if they wanted to?

Because you don’t know if the next guy or guys will be as good. It does matter. And if they continually churned the rosters without stars for fans to follow it would effect revenue. The players are the product.

lockster

Reaction score
I don't see anywhere where I said it was fact! Although your statement contains a fact concerning the cap, your resolution is mere arbitrary opinion and should be stated as such. For one thing you are not Jerry Jones and what you would do and what's gonna happen are not the same. I stand by my statement , being a Cowboy has nothing to do with market value. The Cowboys are just one of 32 teams that set the market.
I stated the fact part of my statement as fact and the opinion part , I stated as my opinion. The cowboys market value does have an effect on contract if Jerry knows this, and he does. Because the popularity of the cowboys and visibility of them, give players the opportunity to make far more money as a cowboy than being on most other teams. So the smart play on both sides, is, help the team and the team helps you. Both sides come out on top this way. How many more seasons of lack of playoff wins and no super bowls will it take before the cowboys no longer are popular, but become like the Cleveland Browns , who once dominated the sport, but are record setting losers that have driven the love for their team down in most ppls eyes that follow footbll.? What has it been? 23 seasons since anything to brag about? I'm surprised, new England isn't the most popular now. There's other advantages to being a cowboy. Taxes, the ability to hook up in business with some of Jerry's business partners, or staubachs connections, or business men down there in general that root for Dallas. Jerry should take advantage of this. And the player. This is the smart move long term for both sides. Because when the pie pieces are gone, you start losing players like Dallas did after paying Deion. It destroyed our team then, it will do the same now just as easy.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
it is a long article. It talks with a few Cowboys players that talk about the benefit and business opportunities that playing for the Cowboys, and Jerry Jones offers. It is pretty clear that Jerry is trying to give his players business opportunities that they would never get if they played for other teams. It has a few players that are giving the pluses to playing for Dallas.. specifically the offices that Woodson and Emmitt have at the star.............. like I said, it is clear that playing for the Cowboys has huge pluses and IMO, players like Dak should absolutely take less to take advantage of those advantages. There is some good info that gives us a litttle insight into those benefits that we , I know I was not aware of.

You are doomed to be unhappy. Stock up on the antacids and migraine meds.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I think what a lot of people are always forgetting is that the Cowboys hold the trump card of the franchise tag. While that is obviously less than desirable for the Cowboys to use (especially as they might also want to use that on Cooper, or even Jones if he makes a decent sized leap forward) but Jones will still use it instead of potentially risking too much on Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
Well since your implication is that all these other team are smart and invest in a back up qb... lets see what happens in Steelers and Saints world in the next few weeks.

What happened to GB when Rodgers went down? Nobody has a great back up qb, and some just luck out. You think the Jags new this kid they currently are starting was gonna be balling out like he is? If they did, they would have cut foles before the start of the season.
Is that an excuse for Dallas’s lack of efforts to upgrade Rush? There is no reasonable excuse for not attempting to upgrade the backup QB position. This has hurt the team on more than one occasion.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Then why do owners waste money paying these guys if they can churn the roster every year if they wanted to?

Because you don’t know if the next guy or guys will be as good. It does matter. And if they continually churned the rosters without stars for fans to follow it would effect revenue. The players are the product.

wow...... ok mr obvious. Owners are always trying to find better players, and when you have your current pool.. yes, the players obviousy matter. Thats why I said if you lost EVERY player tomorrow. Is it not hard to see that the next group of players, while maybe below all those we just lost will be playing againts players starting abaseline that is different from those just lost. The NFL is king, not individual players. AB just dropped off the nfl radar, probably forever. He was a top 3 or 4 wr for sure, and the league, or the teams he left wont miss a beat.... as far as following from fans.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You are doomed to be unhappy. Stock up on the antacids and migraine meds.
yeah, im gonna be doomed. Ill be doomed next weekend when we arrive in New Orleans for 4 days. I wont lose sleep over Daks deal, not one bit. I would just prefer it be a deal that is good for the team, more than 1 individual.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Is that an excuse for Dallas’s lack of efforts to upgrade Rush? There is no reasonable excuse for not attempting to upgrade the backup QB position. This has hurt the team on more than one occasion.
Rush has played very well in 2 of his 3 pre seasons, and since he has not played in a game, you have no idea if he is capable or not. Im sure if we had this kid in Jacksonville that was a 6th rounder on our bench youd be saying how our back up sucks..... well guess what, this kid has just likely ensured himself a career as a starter in the NFL beause he was given a shot...... something Cooper hasnt had yet.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I’m just concerned with how it impacts the salary cap. I want to keep Dak but I also want to continue to add talent around Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
Rush has played very well in 2 of his 3 pre seasons, and since he has not played in a game, you have no idea if he is capable or not. Im sure if we had this kid in Jacksonville that was a 6th rounder on our bench youd be saying how our back up sucks..... well guess what, this kid has just likely ensured himself a career as a starter in the NFL beause he was given a shot...... something Cooper hasnt had yet.
Most projections on Cooper’s play says that his lack of arm strength would be a big problem if he was in a position where he would have to start. Even in his preseason games where he played really well, I can see that his arm strength is not that good. At the very least, Rush should be allowed to play and finish the games where Dallas has the opposing team blown out. If that was done, they would know how he would do during a game instead hoping that he could do well. Dallas has never invested or tried to upgrade the backup QB position as long as they had a decent starter. This is a mistake in my opinion and they should draft a QB at least every other year in the mid to late rounds to develop. As it stands, the team would tank if Rush is out in a position to start over a game or two.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Most projections on Cooper’s play says that his lack of arm strength would be a big problem if he was in a position where he would have to start. Even in his preseason games where he played really well, I can see that his arm strength is not that good. At the very least, Rush should be allowed to play and finish the games where Dallas has the opposing team blown out. If that was done, they would know how he would do during a game instead hoping that he could do well. Dallas has never invested or tried to upgrade the backup QB position as long as they had a decent starter. This is a mistake in my opinion and they should draft a QB at least every other year in the mid to late rounds to develop. As it stands, the team would tank if Rush is out in a position to start over a game or two.

please tell me what the projections were for Minshew?

Here I looked it up for Minshew:

Minshew's ascension from unheralded graduate transfer to Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year is indicative of the enigma he is in the 2018 draft. He might not have the desired traits, but he has very good intangibles and accuracy. He could become a good QB3 in a timing-based passing attack that conceals his average arm talent.

AVG ARM TALENT. So you think the Jags are pretty happy with this 6th rd rookie pick that looks like he could actually be the long term starter?????? Granted it is only 3 games, but the dude has moxy and confidence. Brady doesnt have great arm strength, and Jeef George and what is the crap guy from the raiders a decade ago that had a cannon arm, and they sucked.

Like I said, Cooper might be just fine, we cant possibly know, so for you to just say we are doomed and cooper sucks for a backup is simply not accurate. It might be, but there is no way for any of us to know what Cooper would do until he gets a shot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If I'm Dak, I'm getting my money. I'm not settling for less.
Jerry isn't going to short change Dak. That's just negotiation talk.
However, Dak understands that golden opportunity he's in. He's quarterback of the best team in the nation, and, arguably the world.
He's not going to throw that way over $2 million to $5 million.
"“[The Cowboys] don’t slam it down anyone’s throat, but they let people know: If you stay here and good things happen, you’re all going to be able to make money when you’re done playing.” :hammer:
Let's see:
- Roger Staubach, real estate tycoon and multi-millionaire.
- Troy Aikman, top FOX football analysis
- Tony Romo, top CBS football analysis, requesting $10 million annually to announce football games for five months out of the year.
Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Nate Newton, Deion Sanders, et. al. with radio or television broadcasting deals.