What Are the Cowboys Worth to Dak?

blueblood70

Reaction score
please tell me what the projections were for Minshew?

Here I looked it up for Minshew:

Minshew's ascension from unheralded graduate transfer to Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year is indicative of the enigma he is in the 2018 draft. He might not have the desired traits, but he has very good intangibles and accuracy. He could become a good QB3 in a timing-based passing attack that conceals his average arm talent.

AVG ARM TALENT. So you think the Jags are pretty happy with this 6th rd rookie pick that looks like he could actually be the long term starter?????? Granted it is only 3 games, but the dude has moxy and confidence. Brady doesnt have great arm strength, and Jeef George and what is the crap guy from the raiders a decade ago that had a cannon arm, and they sucked.

Like I said, Cooper might be just fine, we cant possibly know, so for you to just say we are doomed and cooper sucks for a backup is simply not accurate. It might be, but there is no way for any of us to know what Cooper would do until he gets a shot.
true hes basically Colt Mccoy..he can be buit around but noone knew he was gamer until he was..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have an owner who’s not doing everything within his power to win or he’d hire a proven front office , staff and stop prancing everyone around like puppets for his celebrity football guy status.

But yet we have fans who expect our players to take a discount to help them sign more talent.

How about taking less if it means Jerry steps down , hires a GM , real HC and get the heck out of the way.

And lower ticket prices from the highest in the league. That’s something I could get behind in players taking a discount.

Would you rather see Dak sign for 35 million or 40 million?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
true hes basically Colt Mccoy..he can be buit around but noone knew he was gamer until he was..

Minshaw hasn't done diddly Yet. He has some charisma and he has peaked some interest, but that is all he has done.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Thats easy, he should be getting 40 million. I mean, hes earned it, and he played for peanuts inhis first 4 years (including this year) and thus we should break the bank for him and give him every peny he is worth... Hell, screw 40 million , Jerry has the cash, I say 48 million per year for 4 years with 230 million at signing. Screw them damn greedy owners.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Minshaw hasn't done diddly Yet. He has some charisma and he has peaked some interest, but that is all he has done.
Its been 3 games, we all get that.... but Im pretty sure if your back up steps in and plays 3 games like Minshew, every GM in the league would be ECSTATIC with that. This guy wasnt even expected to be on the game day roster all season.... so basically, he was less than cooper rush, and just like expectations for Dak were certainly not to be a starter in year 1... BUT he got a shot. THATS THE POINT

tyke1doe

Reaction score
“I mean, we’re looking at a quarterback contract for Dak that’s going to have him guaranteed 100-plus million dollars,” Stephen says.

Boy, those Jones guys can't keep their mouths shut, can they?
Then again, it's their money not mine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its been 3 games, we all get that.... but Im pretty sure if your back up steps in and plays 3 games like Minshew, every GM in the league would be ECSTATIC with that. This guy wasnt even expected to be on the game day roster all season.... so basically, he was less than cooper rush, and just like expectations for Dak were certainly not to be a starter in year 1... BUT he got a shot. THATS THE POINT

been a lot of those of late

Pittsburgh's backup looked pretty good as well...I guess sit shows QBs are coming out of college more ready to play now, still raw but can get on the field quicker when needed..

blueblood70

Reaction score
“I mean, we’re looking at a quarterback contract for Dak that’s going to have him guaranteed 100-plus million dollars,” Stephen says.

Boy, those Jones guys can't keep their mouths shut, can they?
Then again, it's their money not mine.
they have to now,

I mean Daks improving,

they waited too long and now Goff and Wentz gets 108 and 110 guaranteed and we can argue until we are blue in the face but those 3 are forever connected all about the same level even though they have different game.. you can make an argumebt to whose better and all be right..that said that means Dak is goign to get at or beyond what they got..

what I or we cant live with is him demandign more then Rwilson type money..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats easy, he should be getting 40 million. I mean, hes earned it, and he played for peanuts inhis first 4 years (including this year) and thus we should break the bank for him and give him every peny he is worth... Hell, screw 40 million , Jerry has the cash, I say 48 million per year for 4 years with 230 million at signing. Screw them damn greedy owners.

Greedy owners? Ah you are another one of those. Its clear now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

have his stats been that great? I watched Thursday night and he didn't do much.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Greedy owners? Ah you are another one of those. Its clear now.
you dont read between the lines too well do you? My entire post was dripping with so much sarcasm that I didnt think it was possible to be anymore sarcastic.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
have his stats been that great? I watched Thursday night and he didn't do much.
yeah, the rookie 6th rd pick that was expected to be a practice squad guy hasnt put up mahomes like numbers... he sucks.

Dude has thrown for 5 tds and 1 pick and completing 73% of his passes. WTH do you expect from a rookie that wasnt expected to throw a pass this year and was thrust into a starting role basically in wk 1?

jnday

Reaction score
please tell me what the projections were for Minshew?

Here I looked it up for Minshew:

Minshew's ascension from unheralded graduate transfer to Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year is indicative of the enigma he is in the 2018 draft. He might not have the desired traits, but he has very good intangibles and accuracy. He could become a good QB3 in a timing-based passing attack that conceals his average arm talent.

AVG ARM TALENT. So you think the Jags are pretty happy with this 6th rd rookie pick that looks like he could actually be the long term starter?????? Granted it is only 3 games, but the dude has moxy and confidence. Brady doesnt have great arm strength, and Jeef George and what is the crap guy from the raiders a decade ago that had a cannon arm, and they sucked.

Like I said, Cooper might be just fine, we cant possibly know, so for you to just say we are doomed and cooper sucks for a backup is simply not accurate. It might be, but there is no way for any of us to know what Cooper would do until he gets a shot.
I didn’t say they was doomed. I said that the team was in trouble if they have to depend on Rush for an extended period of time. I don’t think there are too many people that would disagree with that statement. The main problem is that Dallas does not know what to expect from Rush, because they have not played him in any games , so they have no ideal what to expect. The Jags or the other teams and QBs have absolutely nothing to do with the situation in Dallas concerning their backup QB. Dallas is not the only team with concerns over the backup QB position. It Most teams have doubts. It would be smart to address the situation and try to determine what actions that the team needs to take to solve this problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you dont read between the lines too well do you? My entire post was dripping with so much sarcasm that I didnt think it was possible to be anymore sarcastic.

You will have to excuse me. There have been quite a few posts exactly like that by unsuccessful people that like to hate on successful people.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What are “The Cowboys” worth to Dak? Opportunity for glory, endorsements, a steady pay check, and big fat contract in the future...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Makes no difference to me. If we meet our goals no one will care. If we don’t then it will be a topic to critique.

I’ve usually dont too involved with contract negotiations numbers. Just sign them. We can shake it all out later.

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The market is going to get reset by Mahomes next season. If the Jones's are looking for a hometown discount they need to pay Dak 35 mil now. Mahomes will get 40 mil and if Dak continues to impress this season then Dak's agent is going reasonably expect 37 to 40 mil.
It’s gonna take more than 35.