What are the top 3 positions of need for this team?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You think they'll "restructure" Daks no trade clause too?

So, to stay realistic:

1. OL
2. DT
3. Kicker (honest, just pick any kid from college, he will be at least as good as Mr. Z with the FG and at least scores on his PAT tries)

reddyuta

Reaction score
To limit it to three, I'd go with OG, DT and S. I think we can solve the OG problem, though, if we move Collins to LG and start Steele at RT. We might also have an on-roster solution at LB with Cox, although we still need one more for when we play 4-3 fronts. We don't have a solution at DT and FS IMO. Not sure if Farniok at C can be a solution, either, but I do think he'll be the only other option besides Biadasz.

If it was so easy they would have moved Collins to LG this season,i think he will be cut.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Until I see what happens in FA it is hard to say what is priority 1. As things stand right now I would say OL be it LG or C., DT or LB. Having said that that list of priority may change depending on FA loses. DE could be in question, WR could be in question, Safety could be in question and TE. Until there is a clearer view of what to do in the draft I need to see where we lose players

garyv

Reaction score
1. LG
2. Center
3. Running Back

Missing a big one NT (in the middle to stuff the run)

I can't argue any of the rest BUT what they honestly might need is Center in the first round.
I love Lindenbaum from Iowa would be a great anchor in the middle

jsb357

Reaction score
If the GM stays the coach stays and the QB stays then...

big play TE
replace LT Smith
dominate center, RG, or RT

shabazz

Reaction score
Cheerleader.

That unit has gone downhill.

Are you sure about that???

E2HP_EEVcAM2gyk

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If it was so easy they would have moved Collins to LG this season,i think he will be cut.

Collins? I see no reason for that.

Collins naturally plays on the left side. That's why the adjustment to right tackle was difficult for him. But once he got it down, he played at a very high level. His level hasn't been quite as good since his injury last year. Now, he is set to make $15 million this year, but Dallas only saves less than $2 million against the cap by cutting him. The team is better off restructuring, pushing maybe $6 million into the final two years, which means they could cut him in 2023 for basically the same savings or cut him in 2024 for higher savings.

Right now, he's one of our best five linemen. If you have a good idea for replacing him with a better lineman, I'm for that. But until then, let's stop cutting our better players and creating more holes.