What are your bold, pre-combine draft predictions?

winzstar

Reaction score
It is difficult to predict the draft without knowing what goes on in FA. Mine is not so much a prediction of what the Cowboys will do (as no one thinks like Jerral), but more about what I hope we do.... Vea, Payne, Roqan, Edmunds or Nelson at 19. I think it may be possible to get one of these with the QBs falling off early. The second and other rounds will be contingent upon what we do in the first round. I still say any knowledgeable fan can pick the first two rounds (except Jerral, second round is his experiment round).

tm1119

Reaction score
If this happens...

..I don't think the choice will be tough at all.

I’m not entirely sold on Edmunds yet...honestly I need to watch more on him but gut reaction says he’s more of a fit in a 3-4. Would you feel comfortable with him covering TE’s/RB’s down the field?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Would you feel comfortable with him covering TE’s/RB’s down the field?

I definitely want to watch him in the indy drills at the Combine. Most of the draft guys I've talked to are projecting him at Mike, in which case he'll be fine in a 4-3.

winzstar

Reaction score
I have always said that the strength of a master draft evaluator is not in the first three rounds but in rounds four through seven. I honestly feel this is McClays strong point. Two of my sleepers in the later rounds are Daurice Fountain and Poona Ford. Two, maybe three undrafted sleepers include Steven Dunbar Jr., Austin Kuhnert and maybe Aaron Stinnie.

RandyOh

Reaction score
You think the Browns will not take a QB in the first draft slot?
The one thing they really need to move forward?
I don't know what to think about the Browns and what they will do honestly. Rosen already said he wont play for the Browns so it depends on if they think Darnold or Allen can be their guy. They may go all out to try and get Kirk Cousins. Even if it
means making him the highest paid player in the NFL (lol Browns). And from im reading the Browns may not be ready to give up on Kizer. Wouldn't surprise me to see them trade back with say Denver or the Jets and walk away with some type of
combination of Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb with the 4th and 5th or 6th pick. Then take a QB with the 33rd pick and let Kizer and their 33rd pick battle it out for starting position over the next couple of years.
Seems like a Browns thing to do honestly. The excitement of this years draft lays in the hands of Cleveland. Depending on what they do with that 1st pick will decided if its a boring or chaotic 1st round. I can't wait for draft day this year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bold predition - this is the year we take a talented 1-tech.
Rod makes it work. Front seven are much better !
That is all.
I hope you're right...Vea or Payne on our line with DLaw and Taco on the edges...plus Collins inside...good things,man....good things.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I don't know what to think about the Browns and what they will do honestly. Rosen already said he wont play for the Browns so it depends on if they think Darnold or Allen can be their guy. They may go all out to try and get Kirk Cousins. Even if it
means making him the highest paid player in the NFL (lol Browns). And from im reading the Browns may not be ready to give up on Kizer. Wouldn't surprise me to see them trade back with say Denver or the Jets and walk away with some type of
combination of Saquon Barkley, Quenton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb with the 4th and 5th or 6th pick. Then take a QB with the 33rd pick and let Kizer and their 33rd pick battle it out for starting position over the next couple of years.
Seems like a Browns thing to do honestly. The excitement of this years draft lays in the hands of Cleveland. Depending on what they do with that 1st pick will decided if its a boring or chaotic 1st round. I can't wait for draft day this year.

Browns if they do that... :facepalm:

RandyOh

Reaction score
Browns if they do that... :facepalm:
They have had 2nd overall and 1st overall pick the past 2 drafts and traded back from the 2nd and took a Defensive end 1st in the other. Don’t ever count them out from doing something dumb

Sydla

Reaction score
I would think the opposite. James will benefit from the Combine. His film is inconsistent, ranging from dominant to non-existent & hesitant, so I see why you say that about the scouts, but the Combine is right up his alley.

I've been on him since last August, so I can see that. He is just so raw though. He just kind of falls into plays and beats guy on athleticism and dumb luck. I think he'll be a monster if the right coach gets a hold of him.

Very bold because I think there is close to zero percent chance of this happening.

My not-so-bold prediction is Malik Jefferson dominates the Combine. I've been talking to scouting buddies and coaches and they keep talking about his superior SPARQ-type numbers.

I'm curious to see how Tremaine Edmunds looks in agility and coverage drills. He's a long-armed, physical freak and only like 19 years old? That's crazy.

Kyzir White is another one of my draft crushes. He played linebacker, safety, and corner for the Mountaineers so I'm hoping he does well in the coverage drills. A lot of those big safety types have stiff hips but if Kyzir was playing corner he should be able to show smooth hips in transition and good feet.

We'll see. It's Christmas for us draft nerds.

If Davenport goes before Chubb, that could mean Chubb fell into the teens.

I make a trade to move up. I covet Chubb like I did Barnett last year. I like the unattainable I guess. LOL.

Pants

Reaction score
Garrett gets fired, Jerry hires a legit GM who hires Shaw from Stanford, Shaw IMMEDIATELY fires Linehan and Methuselah, and promotes Richard to OC, the search for the OC begins immediately after those moves. Dallas focus' on interior of the lines in the draft as well as LB and WR

of wait, you said bold, not pipe-dream, my bad

Hardline

Reaction score
Josh Allen will be the first overall pick.

The Cowboys will make a big draft day splash in front of the hometown fans.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Tremaine Edmunds and Derwin James are going to leave a smoking crater in the ground where the Colts stadium used to be. Saquon Barkley too, if he does all the drills.

And while it's entirely fair to question his passing ability, I think Lamar Jackson is going to run a sub-4.4 40.

Among the non-big names, I think Justin Reid's agility scores are going to be freaky.

Aven8

Reaction score
Keke Coutee will be one of the fastest WR's at the combine. And wow everyone in the 3 cone drill.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
How about this...draft day trade!

We trade back in the 1st to gain an extra 2nd...we then package a 2nd and 4th (comp) rounder and present it to Seattle to get Earl Thomas.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Cant sleep so i will play along.

My bold predictions are 3 big trade ups will happen and 5 QBs will be off the board by the time we pick resulting in Ro Smith, Calvin Ridley, Tremaine Edmunds, or Derwin James to fall right into our laps.
thats bold alright