What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
My minimum can't be expressed just in a record. I want to see a defense improved to at least league average, around spot #16 or so. Then their record needs to be non-losing at 8 and 8 or 9 and 7. Asking for more than that would be asking a lot.

Creeper

Reaction score
My minimum is 8 wins. My maximum is 10 wins. I think the division race will be close with the WFT and Giants competing with the Cowboys for the division. But the Eagles are going to surprise some people. The Giants owner expects them to make the playoffs and I think with their roster moves that they will. The NFC East got better this offseason.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My expectation are high just as they were last season. Injury plagued season was a killer that they could not recover from but I feel there is ample talent on offense and it will fall to Quinn to get much more out of the defense than Nolan was capable of.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?
Dallas wins the East.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
That depends on the draft, the defense, and the health of the offensive line.

With Prescott last year we would have made the playoffs despite the atrocious defense. If we can at least have an average defense, then we’ll probably win the division.

To me the Eagles are not a threat. I am not a Hurts believer.

I think Washington is going to trot out a really good defense. Their offense is up in the air.

NYG is a real wild card. If Jones takes the next step, and Barkley returns to form, they’ll be our main competitor in the division.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only expectation is to win the East, nothing beyond that and that's because the East is so bad.

I expect the offense to rank in the top 8 and the defense to rank in the 3rd 8, 17-24. It's not going to get fixed in one off season. Might get it up there in that 2nd 8, around 12 or 13 and then I expect a playoff win.

Now, what if my expectations are not met? Nothing, the same thing that usually happens.