What are your minimum expectations for 2021 season right now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
My concern is that things went so well last year at the draft. That Jerrah will try to force something if he gets a chance. The fact he has stated he wants Pitts means teams are going to bai t him into some moves to take Pitts and we will be asking each other What happened for 12 months.
If Jerrys' smoke is real, and causes just 1 team in the top 9 to blink than good job Jerry, but Ive seen too many times Jerry getting over excited like old billionaires tend to do, money is nothing scenario.
Jerry will go to his grave having never learned that money can not buy you happiness..
Only the remaining brain cells that still function in a cognitive order can buy you true happiness Jerry,,

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If Jerrys' smoke is real, and causes just 1 team in the top 9 to blink than good job Jerry, but Ive seen too many times Jerry getting over excited like old billionaires tend to do, money is nothing scenario.
Jerry will go to his grave having never learned that money can not buy you happiness..
Only the remaining brain cells that still function in a cognitive order can buy you true happiness Jerry,,
Spoken like a patient fisherman bro

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yikes. Remind me never let you psychoanalysis me fella.

:angry:

csirl

Reaction score
Based on the money we've given to marquee players - especially on offense - nothing less than winning the division, reaching the NFC championship and top 3 in the NFL on offense will do.

Looking at things objectively, we're returning a similar roster to last season, so little chance of being anything but mediocre.

TWOK11

Reaction score
There’s really no excuse not to win the division, given what the other teams are working with at QB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And that's the point. If you set an expectation and the injuries happen, your expectation is null and void, so I don't do one anymore...
the expectation is based on those injuries not happening, or at least a bunch of them or to key players like dak cooper etc.
If zeke went out pollard could take over and do just as good.

I have expectations, and if something major happens, then I can always change / adapt my expectations.
Something good could happen too, we might acquire a good new player.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I expect them to win the NFC East. It’s a train wreck of a division.
There’s really no excuse not to win the division, given what the other teams are working with at QB.
the east will be better overall this season, I predict that now.
Dallas has dak back
Nyg has barkley back
philly got rid of wentz, and hurts might be good if they design off around him. and they may draft another qb.
Wash has imo the best qb situation. They will have a better offense, especially if they draft a good wr., and they also need a good rb.

plasticman

Reaction score
A couple beers over a 6-pack....unless we get overtime, then it could go as high as 10 beers......in 12 ounce increments.

Again, that would be my minimum expectation. It would certainly vary based on outcome. Well, maybe not.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
ok I liked this post, it did make me laugh when I first read it, but clearly you put some thought into it, I like that.

Thank you for your honest answer.
I like to be a little provocative with my posts and i also try to put a subtle humor into it. its fun to find out if someone understands it :).

About dak and his pay, sadly paying dak a large amount cant make him play any better than he did before.
Dak is dak, what we saw before is all he can do. In fact dallas will be lucky if he gets back to where he was before he was hurt.

I think it will take some time for him to get back in playing shape , both physical and mental.

I totally agree with you.

I too think that Dak reached his ceiling (in 2019). I don't expect him to play better rather decline in 2021 because of his injury. I am a little angry about the deal we gave him - and the deal aint my problem. Its more that we comited to him as our #1 QB. So i will measure his performance from now on purely on the money he got. And that means to play like an all time great. As i said i know this is unfair to him. But then the guy wanted to be paid like an all pro.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Ok I know it is early, but I figure the draft will only give team 1 or 2 starters at most.
So what is the minimum season record you would accept as a step forward over last season?
I will say 10-7 , that would be a distinct improvement over last season.
Anything less I would have to consider a failure by coaches , FO , and players, and Dak.

Now 10-7 may get team into playoffs, and it may not, so I am not going to say they have to make playoffs,
but I do sort of expect that they should .
The thing is winning the division may be the only way a east team gets in playoffs, but one of the east teams
may have a good season, and do better than 10-7. You cant count on them being as bad as last season.

Dallas in 2020
AFC DIV 1-3
NFC DIV 1-3
SOS 2-0
DIV 2-4
Las Vegas Raiders H
Kansas City Chiefs Road
Los Angeles Chargers Road

NFC DIV 2-2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Road
New Orleans Saints Road
Atlanta Falcons H
Carolina Panthers H

SOS GAMES 1-1

Minnesota Vikings Road
Arizona Cardinals H

NFCE GAMES 4-2

17th game 0-1 by this would put them at 10-7 , if 16 games then 10-6
Dallas would have to be real good team to do better than 10 wins.
I gave a loss on the last game as people here are saying it would be NE, and dallas has
always done poorly in the last game of season.
But that could be another win just as easily, if they are improved, so I could see 11 wins too.
So I will change that to 10 or 11 wins as my minimum expectation.

Anything over that would be more than I expect
And on further thought, I think making the playoffs , as WC or div champ has to be included, unless
one of the other east teams just has a great season, and dallas doesnt get in as WC.
10-11 wins should get dallas in as a WC though?
Minimum be playing for a division title last 4 games of the season.

jnday

Reaction score
the expectation is based on those injuries not happening, or at least a bunch of them or to key players like dak cooper etc.
If zeke went out pollard could take over and do just as good.

I have expectations, and if something major happens, then I can always change / adapt my expectations.
Something good could happen too, we might acquire a good new player.
If Pollard was just as good, they wouldn’t be paying Zeke to start. Pollard does well in certain situations, but he has not done so well when he has to take a lot of snaps. He is a typical change of pace type of RB. He does not have the ability to break tackles and get positive yardage like Zeke does on a regular basis.