What are your thoughts on Taco?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ive stated my opinion on Taco...you dont like it so stop responding.

Your opinion is that you would rather have a 1 sack bust then a 6 sack stud competing with his own brother in a sack competition. LOL

Sorry, I will respond all I want.

I welcome all opinions and the arguments that follow. Of course you have nothing to support yours. So you immediately start ranting. Common practice for those that cant support a laughable claim.

bubububububububut…………..Ill still take Taco!!!! Ok buddy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Your opinion is that you would rather have a 1 sack bust then a 6 sack stud competing with his own brother in a sack competition. LOL

Sorry, I will respond all I want.

I welcome all opinions and the arguments that follow. Of course you have nothing to support yours. So you immediately start ranting. Common practice for those that cant support a laughable claim.

bubububububububut…………..Ill still take Taco!!!! Ok buddy.
my opinion is that from day 1 Taco has gotten better and far from a bust.
Im more concerned about Irving's drama and Gregory than Taco.
steadily improving and some one you can trust.
but apparantly,Im supposed to post not my opinion but yours.
if you dont want to hear the answer...dont ask the question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
my opinion is that from day 1 Taco has gotten better and far from a bust.
Im more concerned about Irving's drama and Gregory than Taco.
steadily improving and some one you can trust.
but apparantly,Im supposed to post not my opinion but yours.
if you dont want to hear the answer...dont ask the question.

I love your opinion. In fact, it was the EXACT one I was trying to extract so I could laugh at it. Taco stinks buddy. Its pretty simple. Whether he has shown improvement is rather inconsequential. Baby steps? Enjoy them.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I love your opinion. In fact, it was the EXACT one I was trying to extract so I could laugh at it. Taco stinks buddy. Its pretty simple. Whether he has shown improvement is rather inconsequential. Baby steps? Enjoy them.
its the same opinion I gave 5 pages ago...keep up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am talking about TJ Watt. LOL

Doesn't matter. TJ could play DE

Yeah, he can. But some fans can't admit that because it makes their Cowboys look dumb. Meanwhile, we trot Randy Gregory out there and nobody says a word...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco is the least of our concerns.
just sayin'.

"Just sayin'" what exactly?

Who's getting sacks and pressure on this defense other than Lawrence? Why is this defense not getting sacks against awful offensive lines? Why are mediocre to bad offenses lighting them up?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am talking about TJ Watt. LOL

Doesn't matter. TJ could play DE
No, TJ couldn't. Not in Dallas anyways.
At best he'd be a reliable Randy Gregory.
Mostly likely he'd play some SAM and some 3rd down pass rusher.

This is where you can tell which fans understand scheme and which do not.
It also tells me which bloggers and young media to take seriously.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yeah, he can. But some fans can't admit that because it makes their Cowboys look dumb. Meanwhile, we trot Randy Gregory out there and nobody says a word...
Randy Gregory was an actual hand on the ground DE at Nebraska who now has gained about 20 pounds.

He has less snaps than Dorance Armstrong....

TJ Watt was a WR then Safety who moved to OLB at WISC and plays OLB because that's his best position.

This isn't about defending Dallas this was ALWAYS reality that not very smart draft fans couldn't understand.

This isn't about Taco versus TJ and never has been except for the goofiest of fans. Dallas wasn't drafting Watt had they passe on Taco.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory was an actual hand on the ground DE at Nebraska who now has gained about 20 pounds.

He has less snaps than Dorance Armstrong....

TJ Watt was a WR then Safety who moved to OLB at WISC and plays OLB because that's his best position.

This isn't about defending Dallas this was ALWAYS reality that not very smart draft fans couldn't understand.

This isn't about Taco versus TJ and never has been except for the goofiest of fans. Dallas wasn't drafting Watt had they passe on Taco.

The "goofiest of fans" are those that try to defend the mistakes this team clearly makes.

Randy Gregory and his "20 pounds" still weighs the same or less than TJ Watt. But nobody says he can't play defensive end. Just like nobody ever said anything when they decided that Ware would play it when they switched back to the 4-3 defense, or when 3-4 linebacker Charles Haley came over from San Francisco.

I guess Jimmy Johnson and his coaches were "goofy" too.

The fact is that when you see a good player, you make it work. Smart people do anyway.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Im still not seeing it in this kid. Takes time or not, he just doesn't have IT. Kid gets pushed around badly all game long. The few plays he makes is when he is unblocked.

Thoughts?
Tapper>Taco...He is on the team because of his draft position...just like Dorance...they should have kept Tapper and cut Irving.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The people here hating on Taco and calling him a bust were doing the same for Lawrence a few years ago. People are too blind to look at the bigger picture.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
i

#90 T.J. Watt

Pittsburgh Steelers
2018 Record: 2-2-1
Tack Sacks Int
28 6.0 0

28 tackles and 6 sacks so far.
Can he play with his hand down, like Jadeveon Clowney, I believe he could.

People also said that Clowney wouldn't be suited for 4-3

Why the JJ highlight?

Vanilla2

Reaction score

So you’re trolling ?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The "goofiest of fans" are those that try to defend the mistakes this team clearly makes.

Randy Gregory and his "20 pounds" still weighs the same or less than TJ Watt. But nobody says he can't play defensive end. Just like nobody ever said anything when they decided that Ware would play it when they switched back to the 4-3 defense, or when 3-4 linebacker Charles Haley came over from San Francisco.

I guess Jimmy Johnson and his coaches were "goofy" too.

The fact is that when you see a good player, you make it work. Smart people do anyway.
That is simply untrue like most things posted in this thread.
TJ Watt is 252 pounds and plays a wide 9 when he plays DE at all.
Gregory is up to 265 pounds and plays in a rotation where he has had zero effect.

The scheme isn't just 4-3 versus 3-4 like the simpletons pretend.
DAL runs the heavy 4 DL version and do not use a wide 9 pass rusher.

The same idiots who spent the last two years criticizing Jaylon have now moved onto this....

FWIW DAL has a better defense than PITT.
PITT gives up the 4th most yards and 8th most points.

PITT has 19 sacks so they rush the passer well. That's all they do.

DAL has the 6th most sacks with 15. Difference is they also do everything else pretty well to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is simply untrue like most things posted in this thread.
TJ Watt is 252 pounds and plays a wide 9 when he plays DE at all.
Gregory is up to 265 pounds and plays in a rotation where he has had zero effect.

"265 pounds"? I'm calling you out on that one. Support that ridiculous, false claim.

The scheme isn't just 4-3 versus 3-4 like the simpletons pretend.
DAL runs the heavy 4 DL version and do not use a wide 9 pass rusher.

The same idiots who spent the last two years criticizing Jaylon have now moved onto this....

I love the thinly-veiled name-calling. It really helps your case and makes you look more mature. Well done.

"simpletons", "idiots", it's great stuff.

FWIW DAL has a better defense than PITT.
PITT gives up the 4th most yards and 8th most points.

PITT has 19 sacks so they rush the passer well. That's all they do.

DAL has the 6th most sacks with 15. Difference is they also do everything else pretty well to.

And this is TJ Watt's fault how exactly? You're quick to call someone else a "simpleton" and an "idiot" and then you post stuff like this where I guess you think TJ Watt has to be an entire defense to be good at his job.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you wanna cry about drafting Taco the obvious hindsight scream is that we should have drafted down and taken Juju or Cooper Kupp or BOTH.

Reality is lot of players in that area of the draft haven't been very good yet.