What are your thoughts on Taco?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Wasn’t taco drafted because they wanted someone opposite tank to be his Anthony spencer.

And by that I mean a versatile point of attack guy to help keep the edge.

I don’t think weed be seeing the same type of production out of watt with this team as we are seeing with him in pissburgh.

The puzzling part of all this is Gregory’s starting spot. Which makes me feel lied to when it comes to watt.

In the end I’m fine with taco and I think he will be good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jury is still out but he's the same as Marcus Spears, good player off a great defense, but not the best player.

A 1st rounder on a rotational player is a bad pick. Every 1st rounder should be a heavy snap player and should be the starter.

I had hoped that he and Gregory could show up and make Lawrence and that huge salary looming expendable but that's not looking good. I believe they're going to have to pay Lawrence.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
"265 pounds"? I'm calling you out on that one. Support that ridiculous, false claim.

I love the thinly-veiled name-calling. It really helps your case and makes you look more mature. Well done.

"simpletons", "idiots", it's great stuff.

And this is TJ Watt's fault how exactly? You're quick to call someone else a "simpleton" and an "idiot" and then you post stuff like this where I guess you think TJ Watt has to be an entire defense to be good at his job.
Try to keep up with the obvious.
Randy Gregory is listed at 255 pounds and is noticeably bigger now than he was 2 years ago.
Asked the heaviest he has been the answer was 265.
But whether he weighs 240, 260, 290 doesn't matter because he's done absolutely zero here.
He's a terrible example of anything other than him playing well below potential in this scheme.

Example of really dumb people: WeCAntDraftWeDRafTeDTacooverTJ
But isn't DAL actually playing a different scheme and faring FAR better?
THAtsNOTTJfault.
TJgoodDALbad

Dallas has a 1996 playbook. For real. 1996. Its online. Complain about that crap.

example 2 of dumb people:
What DAL REALLY needs right now is another 250 pound pass rusher because if we had TJ and not Taco we'd be like the best.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jury is still out but he's the same as Marcus Spears, good player off a great defense, but not the best player.

A 1st rounder on a rotational player is a bad pick. Every 1st rounder should be a heavy snap player and should be the starter.

I had hoped that he and Gregory could show up and make Lawrence and that huge salary looming expendable but that's not looking good. I believe they're going to have to pay Lawrence.
Taco is a SDE and DAL has the best SDE in football.
It happens.
Had DLaw gotten injured again last year early and not resigned Taco would be starting at SDE weekly.

It;s kinda like saying Aaron Rodgers was a bad draft picks because he wasnt starting after a year.
Or Jaylon was a wasted pick because in year 2 he looked bleh.

DLaw at this point in his 2nd season had 1 sack to his name for his CAREER.

Taco may suck, but its way too early to rule him anything.
Landry said give them 3 years... and Landry was right.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Taco ...who? Just another in a long line of other busted azz 1st rnd picks...and we wonder why we consistently stay at the bottom of the league.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Try to keep up with the obvious.
Randy Gregory is listed at 255 pounds and is noticeably bigger now than he was 2 years ago.
Asked the heaviest he has been the answer was 265.

There's nothing "obvious" about a false claim. Nobody suggested he wasn't bigger than the 235 pounds he was 2 years ago. You;re falsely claiming that he's 265 without a shred of proof. Why not go even bigger? Falsely claim that he's 275 punds or 200!

But whether he weighs 240, 260, 290 doesn't matter because he's done absolutely zero here.
He's a terrible example of anything other than him playing well below potential in this scheme.

He's a perfect example of why this narrative that TJ Watt couldn't play defensive end in a 4-3 is a false one. Spread by coahes who lack the guts and vision, and fans who can;t beat that their team makes dumb decisions.

Example of really dumb people: WeCAntDraftWeDRafTeDTacooverTJ
But isn't DAL actually playing a different scheme and faring FAR better?
THAtsNOTTJfault.
TJgoodDALbad

Don;t forget "TJ Watt equals entire defense".

Dallas has a 1996 playbook. For real. 1996. Its online. Complain about that crap.

example 2 of dumb people:
What DAL REALLY needs right now is another 250 pound pass rusher because if we had TJ and not Taco we'd be like the best.....

Better example. Some "dumb people" who can't accept the truth because it paints their team in an unfavorable light.

I'll tell you Watt (see what I did there?), if this team had someone other than Demarcus Lawrence who could get to the passer, they'd be much better off defensively.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wasn’t taco drafted because they wanted someone opposite tank to be his Anthony spencer.

And by that I mean a versatile point of attack guy to help keep the edge.

I don’t think weed be seeing the same type of production out of watt with this team as we are seeing with him in pissburgh.

The puzzling part of all this is Gregory’s starting spot. Which makes me feel lied to when it comes to watt.

In the end I’m fine with taco and I think he will be good.
Taco was likely drafted to replace Tank.
Tank had been injured throughout hi early career at the time.
Gregory has been given a shot but reality is they planned to start Crawford at RDE until injuries(Maliek Collins) and nonsense(DI) at the 3T.

Tank of course has arguably become the best SDE in football and Taco is not a great fit at RDE but is a good overall DL who can hold the point of attack.,keep contain and pressure the passer.

Gregory is not getting a lot of snaps. He has less Dorance Armstrong.
Tank and Taco lead the DE in snaps by a wide margin.
Taco has 227, Gregory has 104. Dorance 108.

Taco broke his hand last week and was invisible so people wanna create threads for an agenda they have had 2 years.......

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
Saying he is a good rotational guy is not indicative of a player that is "coming along pretty well". In essence you are saying that he is backup material. Which I agree with.

Now if he was a 5th rounder that would be fine. But for a first round pick that is pathetic.

How many elite pass rushers were drafted pick 28? Yeah he was a 1st, but lets not forget where.

Miller, Mack, Watt, Donald, Wake, Brandon Graham, ( I am sure I am missing others) were top of the class picks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many elite pass rushers were drafted pick 28? Yeah he was a 1st, but lets not forget where.

There's a guy picked a few spots after that who's current leading the league in sacks. "Let's not forget" that either.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Carne Asada and fish are big these days but Ill stick with chicken myself, a little pico de gallo and guac, mmm

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
its the same opinion I gave 5 pages ago...keep up.

Yep, its the same one I laughed at 5 pages ago. 99% of the people understand reality, but I wasn't after them. Common sense. I was waiting for that one home town guy to say he liked the pick. But you took a step further on down the toilet. You said not only did you love the pick, but you would want Taco over Watt which is exactly what I was looking for. A good laugh. Thanks

Batman1980

Reaction score
I did want Taco over Watt, still think he's a better player than Randy Gregory but also don't think he was worth the pick. Going to have to invest another 1st rounder or two at DE if Tank leaves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, TJ couldn't. Not in Dallas anyways.
At best he'd be a reliable Randy Gregory.
Mostly likely he'd play some SAM and some 3rd down pass rusher.

This is where you can tell which fans understand scheme and which do not.
It also tells me which bloggers and young media to take seriously.

Demarcus Lawrence is 6-3 and 263 pounds...…….Watt is 6-5 and 252 pounds. 11 pounds isn't going to make a big difference when you can play. And no doubt he could have added 5-10 pounds if they really wanted him to. And as you said, he could have been a pass rusher on 2nd and 3rd down which would have been just fine. Either way its better then Soft Taco.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yep, its the same one I laughed at 5 pages ago. 99% of the people understand reality, but I wasn't after them. Common sense. I was waiting for that one home town guy to say he liked the pick. But you took a step further on down the toilet. You said not only did you love the pick, but you would want Taco over Watt which is exactly what I was looking for. A good laugh. Thanks
:starspin:97:starspin:
:thumbup:you're welcome:thumbup:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Where has Taco been the last 3 weeks? He started off with two pretty strong games against the Panthers and Giants and then just has been a total nonfactor from there.