What can the boys find for the AAF?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Is anyone really watching that crap? I tried and made it like 3 minutes. The stands looked empty and it was totally boring. Has beens and nobodies. It felt to me like watching a meaningless sandlot game with teams made up of all the kids that didn’t make the all star team.

This, prefer watching PBA Bowling myself.

Swanny

Reaction score
Is anyone really watching that crap? I tried and made it like 3 minutes. The stands looked empty and it was totally boring. Has beens and nobodies. It felt to me like watching a meaningless sandlot game with teams made up of all the kids that didn’t make the all star team.
I was super excited about it. But couldn't watch it. It is pretty bad. I had real high hopes for it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Where can you watch these games?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Where can you watch these games?

They have been on TV on Sat and Sun. Can’t remember what channels because I just happened upon one and tried to watch but couldn’t stomach it after watching about 5 or 6 plays.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Kind of intrigued by this Greg Ward kid. Was a really good two way QB at U of H a couple of years ago. I think he was with Philadelphia for training camp back in 2017 Good athlete that's playing WR now with the San Antonio Commanders. Here he is against ATL, returning a 79 punt return for a TD:

This is the kind of player that could potentially make a NFL teams roster.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Kind of intrigued by this Greg Ward kid. Was a really good two way QB at U of H a couple of years ago. I think he was with Philadelphia for training camp back in 2017 Good athlete that's playing WR now with the San Antonio Commanders. Here he is against ATL, returning a 79 punt return for a TD:

This is the kind of player that could potentially make a NFL teams roster.

I really like him, has nice upside. Switching positions and didn't get many reps in the NFL, the AAF is helping him practice those skills and looking good.

The other guy i listed from the Commanders that I like is the safety, Smith. He had an 88yd Pick 6 today, had a Pick 6 last week too.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I really like him, has nice upside. Switching positions and didn't get many reps in the NFL, the AAF is helping him practice those skills and looking good.

The other guy i listed from the Commanders that I like is the safety, Smith. He had an 88yd Pick 6 today, had a Pick 6 last week too.

Sign him. I think he, and about 3 other AAF safeties, would be better than Jeff Heath and Kavon Frazier. At worst, he's competition and depth.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Sign him. I think he, and about 3 other AAF safeties, would be better than Jeff Heath and Kavon Frazier. At worst, he's competition and depth.
I'd love to see him in camp, he's the top rated S in the AAF. Has good cover skills and is a pretty solid tackler.

John813

Reaction score
They make more on the PS than they do in the AAF.

Yup. To break it down:

Players get 75k a year(3yr deals worth 250k, non guaranteed in the AAF

Practice squad players can earn a minimum of $129,200 per year if they are on the squad for the entire year(17 weeks).

Now a player in the AAF can play in the NFL and back and forth depending on their NFL contract length and if they officially do allow some to play in the AAF in the future.
So, a player could double dip one year and make $75k and $129k between the two leagues, even if they don't make the 53 man roster.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In addition to Kelly, Jamar Summers is looking very good at cornerback. Played with Byron Jones at UConn.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
There's maybe 4-5 guys I'd bring in for training camp from AAF, but that's it. Living in Utah, I've watched the Stallion games and I do think Schult could make a 53 for some team.

Not saying he'd be a Pro Bowler or even start, but think he could be a rotational guy.