What can zeke do to regain the title

Cmac

Reaction score
How on earth do I refuse to see it?!

I’ve said there’s please of blame to go around but there’s only one player who sat out with 2 years left on his contract until he was the highest paid for his position.

There’s only one player that publicly demanded respect.

There’s only one player who said “men lie, women lie, numbers don’t lie” and I post HIS numbers to support my argument.

So where exactly am I wrong?
Aria....I can't help you see the subjective part..... the money is a problem for you....that's all I can attest.

Highest paid QB at the time, no rings, 2 playoff wins, trip to Cabo.....and all good, except for the continued turnovers and injuries afterwards. And I like Romo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Cowboys need to play with a lead.. That is how you get Zeke producing again.

The fumbles are on him but the lack of production is because we suck on offense for about 3 quarters.

Cmac

Reaction score
Can you stay on topic or are you going to keep avoiding it by bringing up Lee, McCaffrey and other players who are irrelevant to the current discussion?

F O C U S
The topic was Regaining the title........the status is injured and with a bad team....somehow it got to loser & money.....but some injured are leaders......FOCUS.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
He gets called fat and he's not, he gets called slow and he's not.

I do however think his conditioning (aerobic) is not what it should be. Taking himself out of plays and needing oxygen are not what you'd expect a professional athlete to be doing if they are 100% fit and ready for the NFL and that's what troubles me.

A classic example is a bodybuilder who looks incredible, <10% body fat etc but none of them have any aerobic fitness whatsoever......the eye test therefore fails us.

I watch a lot of varied sport and you see athletes in certain sports dedicate their body to unbelievable levels - things like.......haven't had alcohol for years / training at altitude for weeks away from their family, getting up a 5 in the morning every day to train etc. I just think certain NFL players can be really really good training pretty hard but the extra 10% doesn't really matter as they see it as "good enough" so why go to extremes!

I honestly think that is what we are seeing with Zeke.

Like everyone else, I'm typing away here at home with no idea what Zeke does but I've love to know - does he drink / does he eat "bad stuff" / does he train at 90% rather than 100% and so on.

aria

Reaction score
Aria....I can't help you see the subjective part..... the money is a problem for you....that's all I can attest.

Highest paid QB at the time, no rings, 2 playoff wins, trip to Cabo.....and all good, except for the continued turnovers and injuries afterwards. And I like Romo.
I couldn’t stand Romo.

Not only is the money a problem but so is the draft pick.

Why waste that much on a RB who can’t produce without a top 5-10 O line? You can also factor in the average longevity of RB’s, how easily replaceable they are, how many championship teams win with RB’s they picked up cheap or on 1-2 year deals, how much of the salary cap was wasted when it could have been spent elsewhere, etc.

Look at the ~4 RB’s taken in the top 10 of the draft over the past 10-15 years and see where they were 5 years later. Look at the teams that drafted them that high. It’s pathetic.

aria

Reaction score
The topic was Regaining the title........the status is injured and with a bad team....somehow it got to loser & money.....but some injured are leaders......FOCUS.
Well loser, money and zeke are very on topic. Its almost impossible to bring up his name without using the other two words.

Cmac

Reaction score
This team is a hot mess......can anyone else see that? Garret Gilbert thrown in the fire, the starting QB is on IR, KMoore calling HS plays, DC trying antiquated schemes, talent is not there, players being anonymous, base is holding out hope, .......can you help Dr Phil, please?
Dr.-phil-net-worth.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
I couldn’t stand Romo.

Not only is the money a problem but so is the draft pick.

Why waste that much on a RB who can’t produce without a top 5-10 O line? You can also factor in the average longevity of RB’s, how easily replaceable they are, how many championship teams win with RB’s they picked up cheap or on 1-2 year deals, how much of the salary cap was wasted when it could have been spent elsewhere, etc.

Look at the ~4 RB’s taken in the top 10 of the draft over the past 10-15 years and see where they were 5 years later. Look at the teams that drafted them that high. It’s pathetic.
You do realize you made Zeke's argument for more money in your post or JJ's GM acumen......don't you?

Proof

Reaction score
Well, if it is a team game why single out Zeke for criticism and ignore Dak? Just noting the hypocrisy. Zeke isn't worth X dollars but Dak has huge numbers so he is worth it. Even though neither was getting us over the top.

Next season it won't be Zeke's cap number that keeps us from signing some good FAs. And I am on the Dak bandwagon, just really unsure how we afford him and enough other talent to win.

I didn’t single zeke out, I just responded to your post. Zeke has underperformed pretty significantly, and it’s all the more egregious when you think what a serviceable replacement costs. Dak has gone the opposite direction and his replacement (outside of miraculously getting the number one pick) costs a boat load.

there’s no real hypocrisy, and it’s somewhat ironic to paint it as such, when Dak has been singled out for the entirety of his career while zeke has been given a pass and all the benefit of the doubt.

ask yourself this, do you think losing zeke for a season would put us in contention for worst team in the league?

also signing Dak long term gives a ton of flexibility for manipulating the cap, and we’re going to have high picks this year to find affordable talent, and have ceedee on a rookie deal for 4 more years. And no one else on the team seems poised for any sort of big deal anytime soon. So I don’t think it will be that hard at all honestly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t single zeke out, I just responded to your post. Zeke has underperformed pretty significantly, and it’s all the more egregious when you think what a serviceable replacement costs. Dak has gone the opposite direction and his replacement (outside of miraculously getting the number one pick) costs a boat load.

there’s no real hypocrisy, and it’s somewhat ironic to paint it as such, when Dak has been singled out for the entirety of his career while zeke has been given a pass and all the benefit of the doubt.

ask yourself this, do you think losing zeke for a season would put us in contention for worst team in the league?

also signing Dak long term gives a ton of flexibility for manipulating the cap, and we’re going to have high picks this year to find affordable talent, and have ceedee on a rookie deal for 4 more years. And no one else on the team seems poised for any sort of big deal anytime soon. So I don’t think it will be that hard at all honestly.

Everyone has pretty much "underperformed". Yes...even Dak even with gaudy numbers. Slow starts are killers.

Not sure why we gotta pump so much hate at one player just because of a contract. It doesn't matter to me if you mane one dollar or one billion. It's about doing your job.

The whole team is in disarray....so let's burn zeke at the stake, shall we?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

Zeke has never been given a pass. The people here have crucified him even when he was winning rushing titles. Also, we aren't going to rebuild entirely out of the draft and good players don't come cheap in FA. So we are going to have a problem since we have so many needs. Every player can't be a 10 but we have a team full of 3,4,5s. Most are borderline backups, so again, I'm not so sure that paying one guy 20% of the cap is going to work out for us. That leaves 80% for the other 52 guys.

aria

Reaction score
Enjoy the game today Aria......all good....and I really mean it....enjoy the game.
You too, but I think it will be hard for all of us to enjoy. Maybe the D will show some improvement or something.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
of best back. Zeke's one of the best backs still, but I feel he needs to drop weight. He Needs to play at 223 or less to be at his best. I remember in training camp a few years ago, Zeke out ran chido for a td. That's impressive because chino's the same guy who hawked S Barkley. last year, so he has real speed. He ran with Julio 2 years. Who on the staff can get Zeke t commit to dropping weight? Is he dumb? Does he nt know that the more hits he takes the shorter his career is? More speed means more long tds and less hits.

Get a legit OLine...

This season on many run plays I find myself thinking that Zeke looks thinner than in the past.

To be the best he is going to need for Dalvin Cook to get injured again...