What changes do people actually think will happen?

droopdog7

Reaction score
It would be funny as hell if there were no significant coaching changes in the off season huh? Some of y’all would completely blow a gasket.

As for me, I’m not really sure what exactly will happen. I figure there will be some changes but if I were putting down odds, I’d say marinella is the only one that would be more likely to go than not. I’d put linehan at 50-50, and Richard at a little below that as I don’t believe the golden child will get any offers. Moore is a complete non story. Come or go doesn’t matter really.

Buying those guys, who the heck knows.

And I’m not talking about who people want gone, but who you think actually will be forced out.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
The only change might be replacing Linehan and maybe Moore. Garrett will return as HC. Marinelli will also be back perhaps as a title of Co DC, but Richard promoted to real DC. Thats about it

lukin2006

Reaction score
SL and KM will be out, RM steps aside for Richards to the new DC. Jerry brings in a Dak friendly OC and QB coach, and I think Jerry gives the OC the freedom to use his own plays. Jerry keeps JG because he likes him, but I think he brings in someone in with a modern offence.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It would be funny as hell if there were no significant coaching changes in the off season huh? Some of y’all would completely blow a gasket.

As for me, I’m not really sure what exactly will happen. I figure there will be some changes but if I were putting down odds, I’d say marinella is the only one that would be more likely to go than not. I’d put linehan at 50-50, and Richard at a little below that as I don’t believe the golden child will get any offers. Moore is a complete non story. Come or go doesn’t matter really.

And I’m not talking about who people want gone, but who you think actually will be forced out.

Gone:
Linehan
Kellen Moore
STs coach

Extended:
Garrett :rolleyes:

Promoted:
Lee to LB coach
Richard to DC

Roles changed:
Marinelli

Signed:
E.T.

Benched:

Drafted:
TE
DL

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Maybe Linehan, and even then I see him staying on as some type of "consultant". Other than that, I don't see anything changing. We'll be bargain bin hunting again in FA.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I think we get a new OC and QB coach. Those are the two most likely changes.

IMO this is the bare minimum that needs to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing every coach fired. Maybe keep Columbo and Richard but I'm on the fence with them as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is going to be a very interesting off season. The death of Bob McNair is rumored to have had a profound effect on Jerry. That was one of his buds. Jerry now realizes more than ever that the clock is ticking. He just wants to win another super bowl before he dies. So, everything is on the table. I think we will see a far more aggressive offseason.

willia451

Reaction score
Jerry is convinced the NFL won't let him win. That not making it to an NFC Championship Game in 25 years is not his fault.

He thinks the NFL wants every team to be 8-8 every year. So at some point along the way, he just gave up really trying and just stuck with what is comfortable for him personally.

I get that. He's the owner. He's making a ton of money and has set up great jobs for his family and the people he likes. If the Cowboys have success then that's great. If they don't, he knows who is to blame. And its not HIS people.

So there it is.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is going to be a very interesting off season. The death of Bob McNair is rumored to have had a profound effect on Jerry. That was one of his buds. Jerry now realizes more than ever that the clock is ticking. He just wants to win another super bowl before he dies. So, everything is on the table. I think we will see a far more aggressive offseason.
I hope so...

TWOK11

Reaction score
I think the following happens:

- Linehan is replaced

- Richard is promoted to DC and Marinelli semi-retires to aconsultant position

- We sign a starting safety in FA

- We draft a DT and RB relatively high (2nd-4th rounds)

- Our young talent hopefully takes the next step

- Beasley is let go and we draft a slot in the later rounds

- Lee retires or is cut

Swanny

Reaction score

I think Linehan is gone. I think Richard becomes DC. Rod Marinelli will become position coach, Moore will be gone.

Flamma

Reaction score
People are taking this too hard. Yes Dallas was outplayed. We lost 30-22. Dallas lost in 1991 to the Lions in the divisional round 38-6. Is Aikman a slacker? Was Irvin? Did Jimmy not motivate or adjust at halftime? That was a damn good team but we all knew they weren't there yet. At least those of us old enough to remember. And we beat the eventual SB champs in the regular season that year too.

The Cowboys need to add a few more pieces on D. A few more impact players because that's where I think we're the fewest players away.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I'll believe coaching changes when I see it.
I do think they make a change in draft philosophy with the interior of our DLine.