What changes do people actually think will happen?

75boyz

Reaction score
Yes, yes and yes.
Rearranging Titanic deck chairs metaphor used to be funny. Describes the Jones era Cowboys now.

Yep. Either that one or the definition of insanity saying...Either way, pretty depressing to think about.

jsb357

Reaction score
http:\\www.jsbcycle.com\memes\boss.jpg

Mannix

Reaction score
I am curious how many assistants have been replaced since The Clapping Carrot has been HC....and I am even more curious what HC is in 2nd place, and how many released. I bet the results would prove to be staggering. Talk about moving around deck chairs on the Titanic.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If by some miracle this team won after significant changes were made, it would stand to reason that the oh so critical “credit” would go to them.

Think Jerry is having any of that?? Ha!!

Jerry wants to win more than any of us, only thing is, he has no clue that what he thinks are unique advantages are undermining cancers.

Guy would rather lose than win and not have the world think he was the guy that put it all together.

bodi

Reaction score
Linehan is definitely gone

Marinelli is 70 in July so he is gone or could keep as Coaching Advisor

visionary

Reaction score
I am curious how many assistants have been replaced since The Clapping Carrot has been HC....and I am even more curious what HC is in 2nd place, and how many released. I bet the results would prove to be staggering. Talk about moving around deck chairs on the Titanic.

Think about this

In the FA era, no HC whk has been with a team for more than 5 years and not been to a SB has won a SB with that team

Not one

You think crap Garrett will break that?
No way

This guy is total trash and needs to be let go

exciter

Reaction score
Gone:
Linehan
Kellen Moore
STs coach

Extended:
Garrett :rolleyes:

Promoted:
Lee to LB coach
Richard to DC

Roles changed:
Marinelli

Signed:
E.T.

Benched:

Drafted:
TE
DL
Uh, with Lee's mental acuity and ability to speak coherently why would he be interested in a coaching position that pays 150 to 200 k a year over an network analyst position that pay 3 or 4m per year?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Gone:
Linehan
Kellen Moore
STs coach

Extended:
Garrett :rolleyes:

Promoted:
Lee to LB coach
Richard to DC

Roles changed:
Marinelli

Signed:
E.T.

Benched:

Drafted:
TE
DL
I liked this, except the TE part. No way do the Cowboys draft another TE. They have wasted picks on the TE position galore in the past 12 seasons. What the Cowboys better need is a big, tall, fast and aggressive ball catching WR that can compliment Amari Cooper. Plus, possibly a speedy and quick slot WR with good hands who can also return punts/kicks in case either or both Beasley and Austin don't come back.

DezNuts

Reaction score
I'm not a Garret hater but I have a weird feeling that Jerry and Stephen are still pondering a HC change. I don't think Jerry views it as a successful season even with the 3-5 start to rally like we did. To him this was a huge opportunity blown and we will see heads roll.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
People are taking this too hard. Yes Dallas was outplayed. We lost 30-22. Dallas lost in 1991 to the Lions in the divisional round 38-6. Is Aikman a slacker? Was Irvin? Did Jimmy not motivate or adjust at halftime? That was a damn good team but we all knew they weren't there yet. At least those of us old enough to remember. And we beat the eventual SB champs in the regular season that year too.

The Cowboys need to add a few more pieces on D. A few more impact players because that's where I think we're the fewest players away.
OL rated at the bottom of the league this year. JG is Marvin Lewis. Every year for 9 years it is the same bottom line about where we fell short with players. Starts at the top!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even Jerry is not dumb enough to keep Linehan and Moore.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think Linehan and O’Quinn get the boot. More certain about the former. O’Quinn might be given another year to turn things around.
If the OC goes everyone on the offensive side of the ball is vulnerable.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I'd like to see Prescott gone but don't think that'll happen. He's much of the reason this team got beat so bad the other night. Not because he totally sucked, because he wasn't too bad, but because the Rams played the run and without Elliot, this team falters because Prescott is not a real threat. See how Goff threw that ball?

Other than him, here is my wish list:

- Draft a "real" QB
- Linehan fired
- Moore fired
- Richards promoted but I think he'll end up taking the Miami HC job
- Need to draft a big NT
- Need a good TE (can't believe I'm saying that after all the TE's they've drafted over the years)
- Need to find Frederick's replacement in case he doesn't return
- Need a RB who can be used in the passing game
- Zeke needs to practice 4th and 1's.
- O-line needs to practice blocking on 4th and 1's.

There are more I'm sure but that's enough for now. Oh yea, they also need a new playbook. The one they have stinks.

nobody

Reaction score
IMO this is the bare minimum that needs to happen. I wouldn't mind seeing every coach fired. Maybe keep Columbo and Richard but I'm on the fence with them as well.

Columbo has not even had a full season, much less off-season to fix the cluster caused by his predecessor. They did improve under him but technique changes take time...training camp time to make it a habit.