What current player will step up and contribute?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is also meaningless...especially for alternates.

I mean Jordan Hicks had more tackles and INTs than Jaylon. He's not in over Jaylon b/c tackles don't matter and the Pro Bowl isn't a reflection of who is good, just who is notable.

Of course it is. Jaylon just sucks according to you. That is fine you can have any view you choose to have. I want to see better play from Jaylon and the defense in general when absolutely poor, that is a load of BS and that is my view

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Of course it is. Jaylon just sucks according to you. That is fine you can have any view you choose to have. I want to see better play from Jaylon and the defense in general when absolutely poor, that is a load of BS and that is my view
I didn't say he sucks. I said he had a terrible year. Part of that is how he used - but he has OBVIOUS flaws. His run fits are late, if not wrong, his recognition in the passing game is slow, and he can't stack and shed. These are fundamental for things LBers.

There are dozens of plays like this from the course of the season.

He is a tremendous athlete and is great playing in a straight line and downhill. But when he isn't used that way, he is not a good player. Tackle numbers don't change that .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I didn't say he sucks. I said he had a terrible year. Part of that is how he used - but he has OBVIOUS flaws. His run fits are late, if not wrong, his recognition in the passing game is slow, and he can't stack and shed. These are fundamental for things LBers.

There are dozens of plays like this from the course of the season.

He is a tremendous athlete and is great playing in a straight line and downhill. But when he isn't used that way, he is not a good player. Tackle numbers don't change that .

so now he at least does not suck? again you have your views.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
so now he at least does not suck? again you have your views.
I mean if your view is "Jaylon is good b/c he had a lot of tackles" fine. It's just ignoring an awful lot of what happens on the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I mean if your view is "Jaylon is good b/c he had a lot of tackles" fine. It's just ignoring an awful lot of what happens on the field.

I think Jaylon played well, not great. Was not horrible. I think defense as a unit played poorly

shabazz

Reaction score
Well. here's to a renewed look at our linebackers and the entire defense under the new regime. Perhaps antiquated and misplaced scheme has limited them in some aspects and a different role in this new scheme may play to their strengths. A lot of questions will be answered this upcoming season