What did everyone think about Seattle blatantly breaking the rules to block Minnesota’s FG on Monday

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bad call yes.

Horrific call? No.

Gregory's PF was bad as well.
Tyron Hold was pretty bad.
Zeke's helmet call was bad.

3rd down on opening drive was a terrible non PI that wasn't even discussed.

We caught a break or two, but so did the Eagles all night, and especially when they were clinging to life. We had some touchy calls that were apparently visible to very few for Philadelphia.

The correct team; ie: the better team- won this game.

The Cowboys plays were bad, but I'd say this call was worse.

What he was doing was obviously just not football.

Has the NFL posted an explanation from refs on their original rationalization for no penalty?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Whenever people say NFL Refs are as clean as Buddhist Monks I tell them to watch that game. Bad calls even out over time and are unbalenced in some big games - but not that many and not so perfectly timed.
Mmm... I knew a ref for a pro league when I lived in LA.
He claimed he was straight as an arrow, of course, but said on several occasions after a few hard drinks and games are on the bar TV's that it's never about the calls, it's about the non-calls.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Randy Gregory is owed an apology....that roughing call that was just a sack was HISTORICLY BAD!!!!!!
screw philly...we're on to the colts.
:starspin:BEAT indy:starspin:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad call yes.

Yes.

Horrific call? No.

Yes. Horrific call. A phantom pass interference.

Gregory's PF was bad as well.
Tyron Hold was pretty bad.
Zeke's helmet call was bad.

All irrelevant. These calls pale in comparison to the two robberies we benefited from and Zeke's call wasn't even bad. It was per the new rules.

We caught a break or two, but so did the Eagles all night, and especially when they were clinging to life. We had some touchy calls that were apparently visible to very few for Philadelphia.

The correct team; ie: the better team- won this game.

Do you feel better?

The Cowboys benefited from the officiating in that game. They just did.

Kaiser

Reaction score
but said on several occasions after a few hard drinks and games are on the bar TV's that it's never about the calls, it's about the non-calls.

If he worked the Saints game, I would bet he had those drinks sometime before Kickoff.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I didn’t like it. Using your teammate as leverage is against the rules. You could tell that play was practiced. The timing was perfect as Wagner put his hands on both of his teammates shoulders at the exact same time, and then pushed off( leverage ). I think on a play like this the League Office should fine Seattle’s owner for conduct detrimental to the league. If owners are fined heavily after their teams blatantly break the rules, then maybe less teams would try cheap tactics like this. NE has been doing crap like this for years. They will get away with it, then the league will quietly make a rule against it( jumping the center, having an ineligible slot receiver, while the tackle is eligible on the opposite side of the field, NE won a playoff game vs the Ravens a couple of years ago doing this. The play was made illegal after that season)
What if we are in the playoffs vs Seattle and they block our 20 yard FG to win the game by using this bush league play.

Lastly, this play should be reviewable. It is hard for the ref to see everything that is going on in the middle of the line during a FG attempt. It would be ashame for any team to lose a game in this manner, especially our team.
Agree or disagree?
The referees blew it on that one

Mr_437

Reaction score
Considering DLaw got hit with a bogus penalty doing a lot less than Bobby Wagner did...refs suck.

75boyz

Reaction score
I must be thinking of the wrong play. TBH, I'm not sure. I know I saw somebody use his 2 teammates as pommel horses and jump over the line to block a kick.

I might be having a senior moment but Kam Chancellor, who recently retired, did something similar if I recall.
Last year or the year before. It was crazy as I can vaguely recall it. He did it 2 times in a row by jumping over bodies and easily blocking the attempt. Just cant remember if he used team mates as his launch support but remember it looked highly out of the ordinary how easy it was for him to get over the blockers and block the attempt.

Heck, it may have prompted the rule change this whole OP is about for all I know.
But that would really be ironic if you blatantly broke a rule that was created because one of your own players was the first to initiate the rule being created in the first place.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yes.

Yes. Horrific call. A phantom pass interference.

All irrelevant. These calls pale in comparison to the two robberies we benefited from and Zeke's call wasn't even bad. It was per the new rules.

Do you feel better?

The Cowboys benefited from the officiating in that game. They just did.

Yeahhhhhh, .... butttttt... no.

And this also is irrelevant. Game is history. I feel great. 1st place NFCE. Wentz done for year. Guy sucks anyway. No better than Dak at best. 1-3 vs Prescott. H2H. Bottom line.

Could. Not . Have. Worked. Out. Better.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The referees are so infuriating, this year they're going out of their way to make it known they'll dictate a game's outcome. It's not even excusable as incompetence. It's tampering, and could very well be the end of the NFL.

KingRah

Reaction score
I didn’t like it. Using your teammate as leverage is against the rules. You could tell that play was practiced. The timing was perfect as Wagner put his hands on both of his teammates shoulders at the exact same time, and then pushed off( leverage ). I think on a play like this the League Office should fine Seattle’s owner for conduct detrimental to the league. If owners are fined heavily after their teams blatantly break the rules, then maybe less teams would try cheap tactics like this. NE has been doing crap like this for years. They will get away with it, then the league will quietly make a rule against it( jumping the center, having an ineligible slot receiver, while the tackle is eligible on the opposite side of the field, NE won a playoff game vs the Ravens a couple of years ago doing this. The play was made illegal after that season)
What if we are in the playoffs vs Seattle and they block our 20 yard FG to win the game by using this bush league play.

Lastly, this play should be reviewable. It is hard for the ref to see everything that is going on in the middle of the line during a FG attempt. It would be ashame for any team to lose a game in this manner, especially our team.
Agree or disagree?
The refs and Eagles usually get respect from the refs. Remember the Seahawks were out of timeouts and tried to call on anyway against us? They weren't penalized and if im not mistaken, it helped them get a fg.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Cowboys plays were bad, but I'd say this call was worse.

What he was doing was obviously just not football.

Has the NFL posted an explanation from refs on their original rationalization for no penalty?
I haven’t heard an explanation about why the refs picked up the flag. Has anyone else.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I watched it again. He did not use his hands to leap. He had already jumped before his hands went down. He also barely touched those guys. He basically used them for balance.
Right. So he used them to stay in the air longer. His weight was on them for an instant.