What did the Steelers Do to Contain Moss and Randle El

aikemirv

Reaction score
5 catches between them for 36 yards.

Portis and Cooley had 7 and 8 respectively for 70 and 80 yards.

Is it all in the 7 sacks or what? Did they man up and press or what?

We really need to look at the secondary films of that game. Maybe it was more dependent on the pressure. When we played them we got near Campbell time after time only to have him slip away. Campbell rarely slipped away from the Steelers rush.

Better tackling and maintaining their lanes?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They didn't play 15 yards off, and when one of them made a catch, no one pointed fingers.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
They also tackle really well. Moss seems to always slip by our tackles.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
Moss was questionable going into the game with a bad hammy. I thought he was on the bench for much of the game. I'm sure he'll be 100% when we play them and tear us up again.

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
They blitzed the crap out of Campbell and played man to man. Campbell looks at his first WR and after that he dumps it off to the TE or RB. This is why Cooley and Portis had a lot of catches.

I say, stack the line and blitz someone everytime. Play man so that Campbell cant hit his first target. Takle the TE or RB when the dump off comes. Win game.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
During the game, the Steelers weren't pressing their corners any more often than the Cowboys press theirs. The Steelers were successful because their defensive backs are solid tacklers who know their individual assignments and play with discipline.

Or so it seemed.

Reaction score
aikemirv;2403519 said:
5 catches between them for 36 yards.

Portis and Cooley had 7 and 8 respectively for 70 and 80 yards.

Is it all in the 7 sacks or what? Did they man up and press or what?

We really need to look at the secondary films of that game. Maybe it was more dependent on the pressure. When we played them we got near Campbell time after time only to have him slip away. Campbell rarely slipped away from the Steelers rush.

Better tackling and maintaining their lanes?

Simple! The stopped Portis and pinned the ears back and sacked Campell seven times including two picks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
1. Stopped the running game
2. Consistent pass rush
3. Didn't play 15 yards off the ball all day
4. tackled well

thewireman

Reaction score
Unlike the Cowboys, the Steelers know how to tackle and they get to the player quick. If it was the Cowboys, the defender would either try to tackle 2 feet away from the player (long arm tackle), try to do a highlight hit and bounce off the player, try to tackle but somehow get butter fingers and let go of the player or simply not even try to tackle (Jenkins)

zeromaster

Reaction score
xWraithx;2403593 said:
we need to lower Willie Blade from a helicopter onto the field during the game to shart on everyone

good ol' Willie will show 'em
You're ignoring the "friendly fire" aspect of it.

Well, may fire is the wrong word... :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bull Frog;2403581 said:
Moss was questionable going into the game with a bad hammy. I thought he was on the bench for much of the game. I'm sure he'll be 100% when we play them and tear us up again.
No kidding. How did they contain Moss? He didn't play much.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SacredStar;2403669 said:
Right there is the answer.

Campbell did not have time to make proper reads.

And of course it doesn't hurt that Campbell can't read defenses very well.

alancdc

Reaction score
TheCount;2403521 said:
They didn't play 15 yards off, and when one of them made a catch, no one pointed fingers.

Very true and I believe it was Billy Joel who sang about it in the glorious 1980's......P R E S S U R E!