What did you think of the halftime show

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watched the game with my 88 year grandfather, he had no idea what was going on but he absolutely loved it

Hip hop isnt my go to, but I thought it was exceptional. Dre was in great form, especially for a guy almost 60. 50 was good, internet is blowing up with 50 memes lol. My biggest criticism is that I wish they gave Mary more time, and Kendrick didnt stand out to me as much I thought he would. Could have just been where he was slotted

Im not a fan of the medly format they have been using recently, but I think they a home run with it this time

triplets_93

Reaction score
I turned the channel before the half time started. I have a few stills, but I do not intend to to be entertained by that show. I prefer artistry over spectacle, no matter the artist. Prince is the last SB half time show I enjoyed for musicianship and artistry.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not a fan of the weird Barbie Dream House stage set-up, but the show was pretty good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reviews of it seem positive but not being a fan of that music genre, I wouldn't know.

I would like to see any research on how many people tune in for a halftime show vs how many tune out.

I do not like any of the halftime shows and see them as unnecessary and too long of a break in the football action.

Since this is much more of an event and a party, I see why they do it but to me, it is just still a football game. And I had a hard time getting into this one. I had no passion for the game at all.

The other part of the SB is that often the games leading up to it were better games as was the case this season with BUF-KC and when the Boys and Niners were going at it in the 90's.

timb2

Reaction score
I've only enjoyed one SB halftime show. Which made the NFL start all this big event stuff at Halftime.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I watched the game with my 88 year grandfather, he had no idea what was going on but he absolutely loved it

Hip hop isnt my go to, but I thought it was exceptional. Dre was in great form, especially for a guy almost 60. 50 was good, internet is blowing up with 50 memes lol. My biggest criticism is that I wish they gave Mary more time, and Kendrick didnt stand out to me as much I thought he would. Could have just been where he was slotted

Im not a fan of the medly format they have been using recently, but I think they a home run with it this time
Halftime superbowl shows are a distraction from the games IMHO.

Passepartout

Reaction score
Not my kind of music but it is towards those in the Generation Z or Millennial eras there IMHO.