What do Quincy, Roger and Troy have in common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
PRO: After being selected with the Cowboys top selection (53rd overall) in the 2001 NFL Draft, Quincy Carter's professional football career moved quickly. Midway through Carter's first training camp, he was handed the reigns of the Cowboys offense and became just the third rookie in franchise history to open the season at quarterback - Troy Aikman (1989) and Roger Staubach (1969)

I believe in Karma -

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nors said:
PRO: After being selected with the Cowboys top selection (53rd overall) in the 2001 NFL Draft, Quincy Carter's professional football career moved quickly. Midway through Carter's first training camp, he was handed the reigns of the Cowboys offense and became just the third rookie in franchise history to open the season at quarterback - Troy Aikman (1989) and Roger Staubach (1969)

I believe in Karma -

and i believe the first amendment never met you first.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nors said:

I believe in Karma -
Laundry drafted Staubach, Johnson drafted Aikman, Campo drafted Carter. Nothing else to see here.

TheHustler

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Laundry drafted Staubach, Johnson drafted Aikman, Campo drafted Carter. Nothing else to see here.

yeah... Jerry had nothing to do with it..... ahem.

Reaction score
Nors said:

I believe in Karma -

Ya know, babies babble and coo just to hear the sound of their own voice... heehee

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
What does a moped, a Ferrari, and a Lamborghini have in common?

I have no idea....

:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They all played for the Cowboys and that is it. Please Nor stop the maddness. Carter does not have the talent of either Roger or Troy. Even many who think Carter will be our starting QB like JJ Taylor have been quick to say he will never be another Troy Aikman.

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
Would love to be able to look into the future so we can put this to rest. QC cannot read defence's and never will. He is an athlete, but not a QB.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Good point Nors.

Some other things they have in common:

-all of their names start with a consonant

-each of their last names is exactly 2 syllables

-they all went to college

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors, what does Quincy have in common with ex-US President Jimmy Carter? (Other than Georgia?)

full_quincy.jpg

Think hard. :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nors said:

I believe in Karma -

This post was begging for Carter bashers but thats ok. Just another chance to see who hasnt evolved past 3rd grade.

I saw the rookie starter note, not that I thought QC should have played a down as a rookie.
They were all starters for at least 3 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. That list has to be fairly small in and of itself.

Staubach and Aikman both improved with time. Aikman really took off in year 4 after being much improved in year 3. If QC can become the type of system QB Aikman was he has to show he can grasp all the nuances of a system. Hard to say he can or cant given he hasnt played in an offense for more than 1 year until now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell said:
This post was begging for Carter bashers but thats ok. Just another chance to see who hasnt evolved past 3rd grade.

I saw the rookie starter note, not that I thought QC should have played a down as a rookie.
They were all starters for at least 3 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. That list has to be fairly small in and of itself.

Staubach and Aikman both improved with time. Aikman really took off in year 4 after being much improved in year 3. If QC can become the type of system QB Aikman was he has to show he can grasp all the nuances of a system. Hard to say he can or cant given he hasnt played in an offense for more than 1 year until now.

Troy was more than a system QB. There are many throws that Troy could pull off that Carter can't, such as a 20 yard out on a frozen rope with great accuracy. Time after time Troy would hit Irvin in the numbers on that rout. In games where Dallas was forced to pass a lot more such as the NFC Championship games aginst GB Troy matched Favre through out the day. To claim Troy was nothing more than a system QB is far from reality

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:

Danny White go to the stats - was as good as Aikman and Staubach. All people remember are Super Bowl Victories. Quincy's legacy will be just that. Believe you me if Quincy wins a Super Bowl or two, he is automatically elevated to that class. No questions asked. If he flames out he's the next Hogeboom, Pelluer.

With Parcells and this team as constructed, its not too far fetched at all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Danny White go to the stats - was as good as Aikman and Staubach. All people remember are Super Bowl Victories. Quincy's legacy will be just that. Believe you me if Quincy wins a Super Bowl or two, he is automatically elevated to that class. No questions asked. If he flames out he's the next Hogeboom, Pelluer.

With Parcells and this team as constructed, its not too far fetched at all.
I find only one fault with that theory Nors. Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls and it didn't elevate him anywhere.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile said:
I find only one fault with that theory Nors. Jim Plunkett won 2 Super Bowls and it didn't elevate him anywhere.

doug williams, mark rypen, did wonders for brad "i'm still fighting for my job" johnson, gosh, hos - think outside the carter, will ya?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We can revisit this discussion. It would elevate him to elite QB's in Dallas lore - jmo. Also depends how he perfoms in that what if scenario.

Same goes for Henson. :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is great! We have all the ingrediants for a honest to goodness, good ole fashion Donnie Brook. We got the not so subtle comparisons of Carter to Aikman and Staubach plus, we got the always infugo references to Aikmans status as system QB or truely great QB talent going.

And the hits just keep on coming..........

Status
Not open for further replies.