What do we do with Tavon Austin when he comes back?

sbark

Reaction score
steal some stuff from the Bears on how they use the little scat back Cohen.......
its a copycat league, no sense waiting a year.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Williams subbed in tonight and played well. Dude has done well coming off the bench. I still have high hopes for him next year. I think the offseason training will do him a world of good.
I dunno, I just think with Tavon's size and tenacity, he can do a better job filling in at Right Guard for us until Zack Martin returns

just my opinion.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Austin adds another element to the offense and more speed which can never hurt. He would be great in 4 WR sets. Him and Beasley in the slot with Cooper and Gallup out wide...Or bunch plays with Ausin, Beasley, and Gallup and Cooper out wide. Heck yes.

conner01

Reaction score
We didn’t use him much before
Probably less now
Who’s touches does he get? Zeke? Nope. Cooper? Nope
May take a couple from the TE’s
If Austin has much of a future here he might want to learn the slot position
My fear is they will put him back returning

conner01

Reaction score
Austin adds another element to the offense and more speed which can never hurt. He would be great in 4 WR sets. Him and Beasley in the slot with Cooper and Gallup out wide...Or bunch plays with Ausin, Beasley, and Gallup and Cooper out wide. Heck yes.
Me and you could sit down with crayons and come up with lots of stuff
Unfortunately little Scotty is not that creative

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would absolutely love Tavon to play again but he hasn't even done limited practice yet. Hopefully he is back for the playoffs, but at this point I don't think you can count on it.

I still want to resign him however.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
We didn’t use him much before
Probably less now
Who’s touches does he get? Zeke? Nope. Cooper? Nope
May take a couple from the TE’s
If Austin has much of a future here he might want to learn the slot position
My fear is they will put him back returning

Don't forget Cooper is a terrific slot receiver. No idea if he's up to speed to play that here yet, but perhaps.

I do hope that Austin's speed would be something we could utilize, if nothing else as a decoy. I can't say I have much confidence that Linehan will use him as such.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Williams subbed in tonight and played well. Dude has done well coming off the bench. I still have high hopes for him next year. I think the offseason training will do him a world of good.
His versatility as a rookie has been pretty amazing. He’s light in the poop. That will get fixed.