What do y'all think of Luke Gifford?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
So what are your thoughts on this guy?i was kinda stoked for him in preseason then I think I got hurt

I got some hope for him and the safety that had 3 picks Wilson was it?

What did you do? I hope you're feeling better.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I agree, those SB uniforms were perfect! But I think the lighter color blue throws people off. I have a Staubach jersey in that color, and ironically have been accused of being a Colts fan while wearing it on multiple occasions!

WOW, the pants were different than what they were with the blue jerseys now, it has a green tint to them.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I like Luke Gifford and certainly respect his talent far more than a little bit.

Sadly, he's been injured often enough to compromise his career, thus far.

For the good of the team, I'll be hoping his injury problems cease to exist.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I liked what I saw in the preseason. Too bad he got hurt. I do t think any of know if he is a fringe NFL roster player or something more though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think that nobody knows anything about him b/c he's never played, so this thread is already too long lol

John813

Reaction score
Hopefully he comes on enough to remind us why it's a silly use of resources to pay 4.5M to a guy who you hope will stay healthy enough to be your 3rd best LB. Our team's obsessive hemorrhaging of resources at the 4-3 LB position is unwise. It's the easiest area of the defense to fill.

Interesting you say that but they had a decent stretch from when they went to the 4-3 till maybe 2017 or 18 when they had two good linebackers on the field at the same time.

Bruce Carter never lived up to his first year of starting in the 3-4 and was JAG in the 4-3.
We had to rely on Justin I want to retire Durant for back to back years. We got McClain but after Lee tore his ACL. The following years McClain had suspensions for purp drank and started to look checked out at times.

We did have Hitchens and Lee at the same time, but Hitch is more of a solid, I'll do my job well, player but not a playmaker on defense. Our depth was below par.

I've watched Miami for years fail to land one good 4-3 linebacker for years.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
So what are your thoughts on this guy?i was kinda stoked for him in preseason then I think I got hurt

I think he was great in the booth, but I have no idea why he ever married Kathy.

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s just a natural instincts type player like Lee, or a Zach Thomas type. Just knows how to play football. Unfortunately he got hurt twice last year so we will see.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Could be the real deal, but might be like Lee - injury prone. Hope he sticks.

dogberry

Reaction score
Can’t find an official pro-day 40 time.

The unofficial first day estimates range from late 4.5s to 4.6s.