What do you think Dak will do?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Ranching, Mar 4, 2021.

1. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,912 Messages
    2,299 Likes Received
    he cannot say much really , waiting for the media heads and slobberers and his agent to get him more money and respect LOL. He really does not have much proof points of accomplishments . Started 1-4 last year even when he had the full OL without injuries. He is 6-11 in his last 17 starts. he has 1 playoff win in 5 years. 7-25 against good teams , etc etc
    he really benefited from the offensive units jerry built for him and now wants to punish the system that gave him those stats.

Ranching and 5Stars like this.
  2. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

26,207 Messages
    28,598 Likes Received
    No, in all likelihood he cannot. A "monumental contract" most likely hinders the team and keeps around .500.

Unless by "monumental" you mean around 35 mil/season. That's prolly around the max he can get paid w/o strapping the team to mediocrity.

3. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,376 Messages
    2,344 Likes Received
    He's gonna do exactly what he's been doing and try to milk his magic cow for all he can get.
    No one else will offer as much.

4. Fuzzee

Fuzzee Bigdog24

3,194 Messages
    1,435 Likes Received
    Want to see him signed by Tuesday....but if not tell Todd France and DAK to find a sign and trade deal

Ranching likes this.
  5. daboyzruleperiod

daboyzruleperiod ♡☆ Zone Supporter

27,301 Messages
    67,671 Likes Received
  6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

29,600 Messages
    51,092 Likes Received
    Same here, I think he's taking a long look around and he's not dumb. He knows exactly why this team hasn't sniffed a NFCCG in 25 seasons.

One thing he's looking at, and I am as well, is the Rams with Stafford. I think he's a significant upgrade over Goff and he's got that D. Might Prescott be considering the same thing with a team like CHI, NO or SF with good D's in place.

Prescott knows a good D when he sees one. When Miss St got to #1 in the rankings, they had the #1 D and he wasn't forced to try and throw for 400 every game. Think we're the only ones aware of his record pace to start the season and the team's record? What QB wasn't to have to play outside his mind just to have a .500 season.

He also has the wasted career of Romo, as far as accomplishing anything of note, as an example. Does he want that to be him in 6 years? He knows what Staubach and Aikman had and what Romo and himself have not had.

SaltyNovice and kskboys like this.
  7. numnuts23

numnuts23 Well-Known Member

2,928 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Remain silent - let his agent remain stubborn and demand a kings ransom for above average talent. Let Tad keep pushing buttons on social media.
    Eventually get tagged
    Without a significant return - Dallas will let him play on the tag and then rinse and repeat next off season, eventually going the way of Kurt Cousins.
    All the while, making millions on endorsements because he is the QB of the Cowboys.

5Stars likes this.
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,365 Messages
    5,387 Likes Received
    8 - 8 season within a game or two, if he lasts that long.

9. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    3,223 Likes Received
    Why do people assume that the Cowboys want him back?

5Stars likes this.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

30,365 Messages
    5,387 Likes Received
    lol We can't assume anything, you know what that make us. However, anything could happen, and I hope JJ comes to his senses.

csirl likes this.
  11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

26,207 Messages
    28,598 Likes Received
    If I was Dak I'd want out.

CouchCoach likes this.
  12. WillieBeamen

WillieBeamen BoysfanfromNY

10,097 Messages
    27,655 Likes Received
    Yall have to stop with this nonsense

5Stars and kskboys like this.
  13. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

13,402 Messages
    19,485 Likes Received
    What I mean is something we can back load and have most the guaranteed money done by the final year. I'm not sure what the average comes out to.

14. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

6,231 Messages
    7,162 Likes Received
    In the back of my mind of had this thought that Dak doesnt want to be here. It just doesnt make sense with him not taking that deal last year and than asking for crazy money this year.

Ranching likes this.
  15. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

25,063 Messages
    21,560 Likes Received
    Dak will not sign a long-term deal but will sign his tag tender. Then he will ball out and show the rest of the league why he is worth every penny of his asking price and then the Jones boys will no longer be able to afford him but someone else will... so, Dak walks in 2022.

Ranching likes this.
  16. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

28,392 Messages
    74,330 Likes Received
    Sounds like a great night!!

17. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,886 Messages
    4,562 Likes Received
    that only gives Dak more leverage to not relent before the 19th. “Accept my terms or you’re in trouble”

18. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,886 Messages
    4,562 Likes Received
    isn’t it his childhood team? That goes a long way: you can be the guy who fixed the Cowboys. The legacy of that is worth far more than just the guy who helped Oakland win their division a few times or the guy who made Washington actually good under Snyder

19. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,495 Messages
    22,709 Likes Received
    When did Dak say that?

20. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta Well-Known Member

5,352 Messages
    3,759 Likes Received
    Eat something on the menu?

Ranching likes this.