What do you think is the key to a win?

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
I'm convinced it's Zeke having a better day than Gurley due to our defense's ability to limit him and their inability to limit the running game.

Seem's these two analysts unanimously agree with my thoughts. I've seen countless shows where they overwhelmingly pick the Rams and often unanimously pick them.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Key to the game in my opinion is Dak! Zeke is going to get his yards but Dak is going to have to make enough solid throws or runs to convert on 3rd downs and keep the chains moving. Dallas must score in the red zone too.
The Dallas defense will slow down the rams but the Dallas offense must help by controlling possession.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
I'm convinced it's Zeke having a better day than Gurley due to our defense's ability to limit him and their inability to limit the running game.

Seem's these two analysts unanimously agree with my thoughts. I've seen countless shows where they overwhelmingly pick the Rams and often unanimously pick them.

I think if we win the first 10 minutes of the game and avoid any turnovers until the final whistle, we will win the game.

We all know what the DNA of a win is: Run Zeke, short passing game, a few deep shots to Coop and Gallup, a stellar D, and a handful of key runs by

If we avoid falling behind early, our normal ingredients to win will keep us in control. The only way, then, that we would lose are turnovers. I think we can actually overcome penalties as the Rams are mistake prone in that area as well.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

For me the key is getting the run game going early, grabbing the lead and making the Rams chase the lead. If it's close in the 4'th quarter I like our chances to bring it home. I think Prescott has proven over and over that he can lead this team in close games. I don't think Goff has proven that. On the flip side, I think the Rams will come out throwing with teams expecting them run it with Gurley. For me the first 2-3 drives of the game will be key for both teams. The team that exerts their will early in the game and doesn't let up wins

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think if we win the first 10 minutes of the game and avoid any turnovers until the final whistle, we will win the game.

We all know what the DNA of a win is: Run Zeke, short passing game, a few deep shots to Coop and Gallup, a stellar D, and a handful of key runs by

If we avoid falling behind early, our normal ingredients to win will keep us in control. The only way, then, that we would lose are turnovers. I think we can actually overcome penalties as the Rams are mistake prone in that area as well.

I'm right there with you. Said much the same thing before reading this

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score

If we avoid falling behind early, our normal ingredients to win will keep us in control.

Totally agree. We don't want to have to make up for a two-score deficit. Best way to do that is to take an early lead and hold on to it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Key to the game in my opinion is Dak! Zeke is going to get his yards but Dak is going to have to make enough solid throws or runs to convert on 3rd downs and keep the chains moving. Dallas must score in the red zone too.
The Dallas defense will slow down the rams but the Dallas offense must help by controlling possession.
Ive ben preaching this all season long, its why this staff held DSak back during the regular season was on agenda.
It was a good call, we are here today and Dak is healthy.
Free Dak… now,, you unleash the beast, its a 2nd huge threat with Zeke.
No other team remaining brings this threat.
Its a double threat.
Run for your ever loving life tonight Dak, run.

Last edited:

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Stopping Gurley and feeding Zeke.
Feed Zeke!!
dhK8w9KV_o.gif

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The key? Grabbing the lead early and playing 60 minutes of football. I don't think this is going to be a high scoring game. Probably low to mid-20's. That's Cowboy football. If we can keep the Rams 10 points below their season average I think we can win. If the Rams get going early and grab a 10 point lead we'll be in trouble. First quarter and a half will tell me about all I need to know

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I agree, but have to add that the Boys must score a lot of points too. Garrett's game plan of just controlling the clock and pounding the football with limited points scored is not going to work in this game against the Rams. McVay is complete aggression on every play to score for 60 minutes. These two HCs are complete opposites.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It looks like we all pretty much agree on the ingredients for a celebration cake. I haven't watched a single game since the 3-5 start. We're 8-1 since. The last ingredient is obviously me not watching. Getting updates only and I'll do that for you fellas/girls and the team :). If it works again, just say thanks Northern!!!