What do you think of moving Tyron Smith to Left Guard?

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't claim to know a lot about individual player's ability to play other positions. But I know better than to stick the rookie out there at LT and slide my aging left tackle to left guard.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Moving Tyron Smith to Left Guard allows him to play at a position that should be easier on his body and hopefully allows him to remain healthy during the season. I’m sure #77 could transition to Guard with how talented and powerful he is on the outside.

The position change would create competition at the LT spot. Assuming either 2021 4th rounder Josh Ball and 2022 1st rounder Tyler Smith would be battling it out. Surely Tyler Smith would be the best bet at winning the starting spot. That is a gamble and I’m sure there would be growing pains that come with it. But it would allow him to continue playing the position he is most comfortable with and once settled we’d have our LT for the next 5 seasons at the very least.

What do you think?
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

GINeric

Reaction score
Moving Tyron Smith to Left Guard allows him to play at a position that should be easier on his body and hopefully allows him to remain healthy during the season. I’m sure #77 could transition to Guard with how talented and powerful he is on the outside.

The position change would create competition at the LT spot. Assuming either 2021 4th rounder Josh Ball and 2022 1st rounder Tyler Smith would be battling it out. Surely Tyler Smith would be the best bet at winning the starting spot. That is a gamble and I’m sure there would be growing pains that come with it. But it would allow him to continue playing the position he is most comfortable with and once settled we’d have our LT for the next 5 seasons at the very least.

What do you think?

I think it would be an EXCELLENT idea!!! Im very serious!!

(Sarcasm)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

What do you think?
Who do we feel comfortable playing left tackle, if not Smith?
We are already thin at Oline depth.

BaileyRiley1

Reaction score
smh-mostinterestingman.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What drug did you take prior to making this thread?
yeah man, its all good. sky is green, like ...yeah really green you know...and.............pizza man, its pizza, hmm I am hungry I want to get pizza and..........yeah these shoes, are like totally awsome and its like you know really comfortable....yeah, pizza....I am hungry man....pizza

fivetwos

Reaction score
yeah man, its all good. sky is green, like ...yeah really green you know...and.............pizza man, its pizza, hmm I am hungry I want to get pizza and..........yeah these shoes, are like totally awsome and its like you know really comfortable....yeah, pizza....I am hungry man....pizza
Dude yes! But let's just get some pizza instead. Like lots of it.

CWR

Reaction score

What do you think?

I like the outside the box thinking, but it's not possible now. It could've been done if we held on to LC and planned for a red shirt year with Tyler. I believe its best for Tyler's growth to keep him at guard this season. In fact I worry he will struggle when Tyron is out regardless.

I'm also not sure it would really help Tyron to prevent injury.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score

What do you think?
taking on 320 lb tackles may not be easier on the body. His height wont be an asset either

TheGoat73

Reaction score

What do you think?
This was suggested and the Zone hated it. So, that means it must be precisely what Jerry and Stephen plan to do. Sorry folks.

Reactions: CWR

exciter

Reaction score

What do you think?
Lol wow!!! I read post like this and want to thank my lucky stars Jerry is in charge!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Tyler Smith is a genetic freak with the kind of attitude you want on that line, but he's way too raw to be expected to play LT after 1 season in the league. That said, Larry Allen did the move to guard thing and it worked out really well. I wouldn't discredit it but I don't think it will happen soon.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones trying to move guys out of their natural position hasn't worked too well yet.